OPP lay 50 snowmobile related charges

Re:Leaf

9A108B64-34A6-4CDC-A36F-3603ECC211E4.thumb.png.343ccffa34e10050b093fde07a76ed17.png

Good on them @Re:Leaf. Hoping it was for no trail pass, no val tag,  no insurance,  exhaust,  drinking etc etc. I also can understand speeding tickets to some extent, thru towns, stop signs etc. I'll be mighty happy,  if I we're to get a speeding ticket on sled, especially out away from towns etc, and especially up north....Of course,  just my 2 cents....

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Good on them @Re:Leaf. Hoping it was for no trail pass, no val tag,  no insurance,  exhaust,  drinking etc etc. I also can understand speeding tickets to some extent, thru towns, stop signs etc. I'll be mighty happy,  if I we're to get a speeding ticket on sled, especially out away from towns etc, and especially up north....Of course,  just my 2 cents....

Cans..modified exhaust is issue that needs to be enforced…Good to hear there is some enforcement happening. 

• Like 1

Charges:

26- improper muffler 

11- speeding (one person clocked at 145km/hr)

3- chin strap

3- no trail pass 

• Like 8

What are the Save Teams doing? I haven't heard  or read anything regarding their activity for a few weeks. Has anyone gone through a stop/check this season?

Speeding ticket on a lake?

I'll take the chin strap ticket.

Not likely gunna find me speeding or with loud pipes tho.

Shouldn't need a pass to be on the lake.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

What are the Save Teams doing? I haven't heard  or read anything regarding their activity for a few weeks. Has anyone gone through a stop/check this season?

They are all at the blockade cities for backup …. :coffeenose: 

Ive seen one set of guys, not stopped, just talking to them in the parking lot we shared to stage out of. 
Mentioned it was a good day - could mean all in compliance or lots of tickets issued, but I think all were in compliance. 

48 minutes ago, Ox said:

Speeding ticket on a lake?

I'll take the chin strap ticket.

Not likely gunna find me speeding or with loud pipes tho.

Shouldn't need a pass to be on the lake.

ox, kawartha lakes is a municipality that has many lakes. The OPP were patrolling OFSC trails and issuing tickets trailside.

8EB8935E-827B-49B8-8229-2EFE0D24B5BA.png

78233984-0F32-4D40-AA09-3DA93ED92680.png

Well, I have seen Trail Wardens stopping sledders on Wawa Lake.

I have no idea what they could possibly be checking for - other than impaired driving?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIVERMAN said:

Three no trail pass Police must be blind, fourty persent of sleds I've gone by this winter don't have permits.

Is it that they don't have them or they put them where you can't see them when meeting on a trail or they have them ordered and haven't received it but have a copy of the paperwork for the permit order or that they have the paperwork for a 2 day permit but didn't stick it on the sled?

All of these are things that I have seen. The lack of enforcement for the above examples of things happening is just leading to those examples multiplying. JMHO.

For years, we used to just keep piling permits up on our windshields - as a badge of pride.

Then we started breaking shields more and more frequently.

Some of those should have (and were intended to have) been mounted on the wall (of shame?) in the garage, but I don't think any have ever made it.

Now-days we don't run windshields at all, and the new sled didn't even come with one.

Our permits are ... somewhere ....

We can produce them if someone wants to see them.

But I aint gluein' those things to my bodywork!

This year I started putting them on glove box lid. It shows better through the windshield w the box extension. I clean glue off windshield every year and figured box lid be easier 🤷‍♂️

09605A15-E406-46A7-A8ED-E11914C04DF8.png

09605A15-E406-46A7-A8ED-E11914C04DF8.png

• Like 4

My boy lost his windshield when going through some deadfall, and he didn't even realize it.

That was aboot the time that we just quit running them.

WindshieldsOptional.jpg

Considering where we are riding - we seldom ever see trail wardens.

There was one stop on The Domtar at Point Lake Rd intersection once many years ago that I recall, but I don't recall that we got stopped in that?

Seems like we just popped outta the bush just beyond that? (McDonald Creek)

I'm guessing that the reason that they were that far out (55 klicks from Searchmont) was so that you weren't gunna play the "on our way to our cabin" card as that ship sailed once you hit The Domtar.

Only time I know for sure of being asked to present our permits was when we met a N bound groomer (Soo) in this thicket between The Cow and Linus Lakes area somewhere.  Dec '99.

And quite honestly, I don't think they would have actually been required as the trail wasn't open for business yet, so ... ???

KiethDec99.jpg

12 hours ago, Re:Leaf said:

ox, kawartha lakes is a municipality that has many lakes. The OPP were patrolling OFSC trails and issuing tickets trailside.

8EB8935E-827B-49B8-8229-2EFE0D24B5BA.png

78233984-0F32-4D40-AA09-3DA93ED92680.png

I was stopped twice last Saturday. First time just north of Fenelon Falls on the B103. Just checked for trail pass. Second time between Kinmount and Haliburton on B103. Checked all paperwork. Was stopped again on Tuesday on the B103 and all paperwork was checked. Cops on sleds this time. Rare to see them during the week.

30 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

What are Trail Wardens?

Exactly Brian!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

What are Trail Wardens?

Well, actually - in Wawa (Lake) they likely were OPP.

But I am guessing that the ones out at Point Lake Road (Searchmont) were Wardens, or likely just reps from The Soo Trailblazers Club.

(same thing?)

Riding down the D trail today, a couple of officers stop my daughter & I, first thing they ask to see is our chin straps are done up, second thing was calling out the permit and the last one was do you have drivers license, insurance & ownership - which I reply yes if you want to see them, he states no and enjoy the ride.

Doesn't get much better than that.

Daughter asks me later what that was all about & tells me her first thought when riding up to them, why would someone stand in the middle of the trail, but then she says she noticed the OPP emblem on the side of their arm - explain all the points and the line of questions, which she was content with and happy to understand the situation.

• Like 8