2022 Mach Z feedback

andreyboater

1 minute ago, Turbo Doo said:

My thoughts exactly,  let me know how you feel running in sub -30 temps without them at triple digit speeds...

yup. My handwarmers burn the hell out of my fingers and then the back of the hands feel the cold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ricky Racer said:

Muffs.... On a man's sled?  :)

Like I said we are over 50th so comfort become priority 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I use muffs and thin gloves all season. The only problem is it can cause your hands to sweat and gloves get wet and if u have an extended trail side stop, hands get cold quick if its really cold out. I bring a pair of warm gloves for stops. 

Oh yes the manly muff discussion… lol

Aside from them just keeping your hands toasty warm the second equally important value is only needing to use thin gloves for even more comfort. 
It’s true the average sledders age is now quite high - who just want to be comfortable!

I brought my spare pair of muffs on our last trip so someone else could use, apparently someone decided to leave them in the truck, well it’s wasn’t long into the trip the dreaded freezing hands topic came up, so I suggest getting the muffs out I brought - well I highly doubt forgetting them again will be repeated…..silly pride … lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2022 at 7:34 PM, Turbo Doo said:

I've rode my '22 Mach, as is, with the factory height windshield,  but will be installing a medium height windshield and windshield mounted mirrors this weekend before I head north next week. I personally find the mid height windshield perfect. Leaving it with the stock height windshield,  imo, its too cold. You can also run the Doo muffs with the handguards on any Doo. I do not really find a big difference trail riding with it being lowered. This picture shows the difference between my '22 Mach, and my '22 XRS...

Could I git'chew to take a pic showing the muffs and handguards in place - and with the muffs off maybe?

Like - from the top down?

I have some generic muffs that I use.

I had a set of Doo muffs that totally wore out from the 90's before.

I ride with Jersey gloves almost all the time.

Only issue is that the muffs, mostly just the right handed one for some reason, want to pull fwd from air movement I guess.

So I am pulling it/them back up with some regularity if stuck on a trail much.

I am wondering how the combo - the muffs with the guards works.

Would the guards keep the muffs from going fwd?

Doo the guards mount so far inwards that the muffs can mount like normal?

Then I wonder if I could roll the muffs up like this when I don't want them?

DSCN2829.JPG

46 minutes ago, Ox said:

Could I git'chew to take a pic showing the muffs and handguards in place - and with the muffs off maybe?

Like - from the top down?

I have some generic muffs that I use.

I had a set of Doo muffs that totally wore out from the 90's before.

I ride with Jersey gloves almost all the time.

Only issue is that the muffs, mostly just the right handed one for some reason, want to pull fwd from air movement I guess.

So I am pulling it/them back up with some regularity if stuck on a trail much.

I am wondering how the combo - the muffs with the guards works.

Would the guards keep the muffs from going fwd?

Doo the guards mount so far inwards that the muffs can mount like normal?

Then I wonder if I could roll the muffs up like this when I don't want them?

DSCN2829.JPG

Ox that’s a good question. I’ve got the older muffs on my backcountry, took the guards off as they don’t do much. I put the newer ones on my wife’s sled that are molded and plastic see through top. Maybe they will go over hand gaurds? Any one have an idea? 

0870E5E3-1CCF-4749-8F43-687D3DE5EFF9.jpeg

Well there you go. Thanks Stoney. I guess I can put my hand guards back on.  

Wow - those are some heavy duty muffs!

That Top A (NCDN) equipment there!

I have a heavy, wool (fake?) lined set somewhere, but those are too rigid for your riding.

Would be fine on trail tho, and those won't flop fwd either!

Are those guards in an option catalog somewhere, or are they std on some model that we can search online fiche for?

1 minute ago, Ox said:

Wow - those are some heavy duty muffs!

That Top A (NCDN) equipment there!

I have a heavy, wool (fake?) lined set somewhere, but those are too rigid for your riding.

Would be fine on trail tho, and those won't flop fwd either!

Are those guards in an option catalog somewhere, or are they std on some model that we can search online fiche for?

Standard on many models, but you can buy as well as an accessory.

The Doo muffs are designed to actually fit around the arm of them, there is an indent to accommodate them......very well thought out.

I'd still like to see a pic of the guards w/o the muffs to see exactly how and where they mount - if/when someone gits time.

(not buying today)

3 minutes ago, Ox said:

I'd still like to see a pic of the guards w/o the muffs to see exactly how and where they mount - if/when someone gits time.

(not buying today)

That’s the best pic of my old style without hand guards. They are just insulated fabric that has Velcro and draw strings to attach around bars. I’ve had them like 15 yrs or so. Easily pack in bag when not using. 

9470D94D-E16B-4F62-B2EB-AB66C20D56FC.jpeg

21 hours ago, stoney said:

Here ya go. … some pictures that might help. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Perfect that exactly what I need, have a muffs for long run and take them out for play day