F'in Rain

signfan

All good in HGR territory late last night. As good as its gonna get this season. 

1082BD97-69ED-4347-987F-12807F6BE128.jpeg

D277E6F3-A255-42DD-AF2F-FE8CE93AB602.jpeg

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

All the SSSC trails I rode today including the Seguin were pure garbage today.

What part of the Seguin were you on? I will say it was bad from Bear Lake west to Parry Sound. But Bear Lake east towards Kearney was very good..

^^^I agree it was rough to Horseshoe lake. Just saw a post about one of the Almaguin groomers being down on the "D" trail south of Sand Lake so beware.....They hope to get the parts today and get it up and running. 

Trails were great yesterday. Algonquin,  Tall Pines, Happy wanderers and Hill and Gully clubs did a great job.

All were freshly groomed the night before,only one section was rough between Dorset and Baysville,which was a terrain issue. 

Most trails I was on had lot's of lube, no need for scratchers. The majority could have been listed as Green. Minimal slush on the lakes..

Edit:

I have no idea why the pictures posted sideways..

20220308_173744.jpg

20220308_164802.jpg

20220308_120936.jpg

20220308_120951.jpg

20220308_120942.jpg

• Like 10

Ran out of Pointe Au Baril to Ardbeg today, lots of snow but trails could use a grooming. Surprisingly very

few rocks sticking out....yet

2048496242_TrailRide.thumb.jpg.d451c5b7d5320f4d735faed4cd6276ab.jpg

Unfortunately Loggers Station House was closed so back home for food

• Like 4

4 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Ran out of Pointe Au Baril to Ardbeg today, lots of snow but trails could use a grooming. Surprisingly very

few rocks sticking out....yet

2048496242_TrailRide.thumb.jpg.d451c5b7d5320f4d735faed4cd6276ab.jpg

Unfortunately Loggers Station House was closed so back home for food

Your friend in the background looks like he could have used a little privacy.. at least wait until he's done before taking a picture!!💩  🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, paulslund said:

Your friend in the background looks like he could have used a little privacy.. at least wait until he's done before taking a picture!!💩  🤣

Hahahahahaha, it does look like that lol! That's the son, on his phone at every stop 

• Haha 1

Anyone able to provide a update as to how much snow came down Monday in the Bala/Mactier area?  I've seen on Facebook that the Muskoka Snowtrails groomer was out on Tuesday night.  Hopeful for another ride this weekend, has anyone been out in the area?  What were the trails like?  Thanks :)

5 hours ago, rsykes said:

Anyone able to provide a update as to how much snow came down Monday in the Bala/Mactier area?  I've seen on Facebook that the Muskoka Snowtrails groomer was out on Tuesday night.  Hopeful for another ride this weekend, has anyone been out in the area?  What were the trails like?  Thanks :)

Yesterday morning. Near Glen Orchard on C102D and on Lake Joseph. 

20220309_094515.jpg

20220309_095452.jpg

20220309_094541.jpg

Memories of Muskoka on C.

20220309_103940.jpg

Many roads are toast, unless it snows again.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

20220309_094515.jpg

20220309_095452.jpg

20220309_094541.jpg

20220309_103940.jpg

How are you liking the new ride this year?

Curious, I see you have custom numbers and the Ontario issued numbers on your sled - is there a story behind that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stoney said:

How are you liking the new ride this year?

Curious, I see you have custom numbers and the Ontario issued numbers on your sled - is there a story behind that?

Not much of a tale, Stoney. When I picked up the sled, the dealer had the blue and white stickers, so we put them on the tunnel right away, to make things legal. It took a few days to receive the custom numbers, and I haven't yet removed the originals. Waiting for warm weather. I also have "black with tangerine outline" replacements for the sled's original "ski-doo" letters, but won't do the switch until warm weather, aka spring. 

I suppose the sled is good, but I must say I haven't developed much of an appreciation for it at this point. I'm still annoyed that I paid over 25 grand for a new machine that doesn't have operational smart shox. In the fall I had been expressing some reluctance about going through with the purchase unless everything was working. Two weeks before picking up the sled, the dealer checked the v.i.n. on his computer and said I was "one of the lucky ones" and the sled was complete. This was our belief right up to the point where I plunked down the cash and got my receipt. We applied the blue and white numbers, and were getting ready to wheel the sled out the door, when the tech decided to hook up his laptop to confirm the smart shox were working. To everybody's surprise, it turned out the shox were still disabled. It was a little late in the process for me to bail out.

To be honest I've been a bit reluctant to ride the thing and wear it out before it's completely functional. I will not be rushing out to do another spring order any time soon. This 2022 will seem like a "new to me" sled next season - - assuming the smart shox are working by then.

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Not much of a tale, Stoney. When I picked up the sled, the dealer had the blue and white stickers, so we put them on the tunnel right away, to make things legal. It took a few days to receive the custom numbers, and I haven't yet removed the originals. Waiting for warm weather. I also have "black with tangerine outline" replacements for the sled's original "ski-doo" letters, but won't do the switch until warm weather, aka spring. 

I suppose the sled is good, but I must say I haven't developed much of an appreciation for it at this point. I'm still annoyed that I paid over 25 grand for a new machine that doesn't have operational smart shox. In the fall I had been expressing some reluctance about going through with the purchase unless everything was working. Two weeks before picking up the sled, the dealer checked the v.i.n. on his computer and said I was "one of the lucky ones" and the sled was complete. This was our belief right up to the point where I plunked down the cash and got my receipt. We applied the blue and white numbers, and were getting ready to wheel the sled out the door, when the tech decided to hook up his laptop to confirm the smart shox were working. To everybody's surprise, it turned out they were still disabled. It was a little late in the process for me to bail out.

To be honest I've been a bit reluctant to ride the thing and wear it out before it's completely functional. I will not be rushing out to do another spring order any time soon. This 2022 will seem like a "new to me" sled next season - - assuming the smart shox are working by then.

That sucks and I can see how that would leave a bad taste in ones mouth.

For sure been a trying year for many - here is hoping 2023 is a better year for the not so new iron!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

https://www.relive.cc/view/vZqNxXJ1g3O
put on over 100kms today in a couple hours on the Carling trails. Absolutely mint HARD and fast conditions. Best condition they have been in all year!! Good job to the clubs!

That is a neat little app!

Nice looking SRX too!!

Yes the app is neat. Use it every time out. The GPS works great too. The SRX is amazing! Had a 17’ Sidewinder before it for 4 years with 18,000kms on the clock. The SRX came about in 21 with 146kms on the clock and I couldn’t pass it up. 

image.thumb.png.491217b1934de23d7fd5c304c560c7d2.png

• Like 1

Not sure why the pics are sideways.  But just got in ..20220310_175344.thumb.jpg.b76f3bae252c00e4abc1ab13ad62b166.jpg

Y

20220310_180721.jpg

20220310_180432.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

I suppose the sled is good, but I must say I haven't developed much of an appreciation for it at this point. I'm still annoyed that I paid over 25 grand for a new machine that doesn't have operational smart shox. In the fall I had been expressing some reluctance about going through with the purchase unless everything was working. Two weeks before picking up the sled, the dealer checked the v.i.n. on his computer and said I was "one of the lucky ones" and the sled was complete. This was our belief right up to the point where I plunked down the cash and got my receipt. We applied the blue and white numbers, and were getting ready to wheel the sled out the door, when the tech decided to hook up his laptop to confirm the smart shox were working. To everybody's surprise, it turned out they were still disabled. It was a little late in the process for me to bail out.

That sucks paying that much for something that doesnt work. Its totally worth it from what i've heard once activated. My buddy was in the same boat on his renny xrs until last week.  In my opinion im just gonna say one word for future sled considerations "Gieslers".

• Like 2

^^^Giesler is who i deal with.Mark is very good to work with. Anyways left Kearney this morning rode down towards Dwight then hung a left and went to Dorset. Highland Rovers and Algonquin SC had the trails in great shape.:right_on: Then rode Lake of Bays up to Deerhurst then rode towards Port Sydney.H@G SC had the trails in great shape also. Then went under highway 11 to the D-trail north.It was a little bumpy but passed the groomer and they were laying some fine ribbon. Rode up to the Seguin then back towards Sprucedale.Got stopped by the OPP at the 704 where it starts just west of Sprucedale for a quick tag check,They were doing radar also.Got gas at Sprucedale 1.93/l for premium.Then back to Sand Lake Kearney.Nice 265 kms .Hats off to all Clubs for the great trails today.:cheers:

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Blake G said:

20220309_094515.jpg

20220309_095452.jpg

20220309_094541.jpg

20220309_103940.jpg

Wow - thanks for the pics and update. Trails look pretty good. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Yes the app is neat. Use it every time out. The GPS works great too. The SRX is amazing! Had a 17’ Sidewinder before it for 4 years with 18,000kms on the clock. The SRX came about in 21 with 146kms on the clock and I couldn’t pass it up. 

image.thumb.png.491217b1934de23d7fd5c304c560c7d2.png

Great App - I also use it when out for rides. 

1 hour ago, rsykes said:

Great App - I also use it when out for rides. 

I just downloaded it and going to give it a try this weekend.

I assume when you take pictures, the pictures are automatically embedded within the app at destinations you stop at.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I just downloaded it and going to give it a try this weekend.

I assume when you take pictures, the pictures are automatically embedded within the app at destinations you stop at.

I believe so.  I use the app for sledding and atv'ing rides.  Works well

• Thanks 1