F'in Rain

signfan

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

6-8" in Parry Sound overnight!!!

Yep, just finished snow blowing, looks really good out, going for a rip with the son shortly!

Luckily we never lost as much as some of you, this is  a cottage trail yesterday with son and grandson

1591817074_BirdLake1.thumb.jpg.7d58b96babd26b5a556f91eb96b6dc18.jpg

29852969_BirdLake2.thumb.jpg.d69b07e8a2f64f2ea1993cbf90c554de.jpg

• Like 11

On 2/18/2022 at 7:45 AM, paulslund said:

I think we did decently down in the Ottawa area.  I think my driveway has about 6-8 inches accumulated, and that's after the initial snow was absorbed by all the water.  The field trails I drove by yesterday were still strips of white in the middle of corn stubble, so there was still *some* semblance of a trail still holding.  Depends on the location.. around Richmond even they were mud, unfortunately...

Next week we only have a 1 day blip with a bit of rain..fingers crossed it doesn't expand..

Ah crap... looks like I went and jinxed it..  😢
image.png.436df55ddbf6a37fea41936579091bac.png

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Northern Ontario forecast is SWEET....😎:evil2::icon_dance-cpatch::smil9:

Yes it looks perfect!

• Like 1

I think Southern Ontario will be done shortly.    It is +4c right now at 11pm and is supposed to be +9c and rain on Tuesday.    

I am heading north Monday am for a week and have another run to Quebec planned for the 18th of March weekend and then my season will be over.    It would be cool to ride around home again, but I am not counting on it.  

• Like 1

We'll survive the warm up/rain this week in D7. 

• Like 2

Forecast still holding at +2 for two days and 10-15mm of rain here.. not sure how that will play out.. will it melt what we have or just turn the trails into an ice rink..curious to see how this plays out...

17 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

With the looks of the forecast,  warm temps and rain yet again,  what's everyone thinking about trails for the south?. I think the clocks ticking myself...

If we make it thru this warm up without getting flooded like last week, trails could be open for weekend I would think. Still have some water under snow in low lying areas of trail system. 

Looks like the SSM, Sudbury and North Bay corridor are going to get 25-30cm, sadly anything much south of that is going to be rain. Better grease up the trailer bearings and get ready to ride a bit further north. I was hoping Bancroft/Hali would be snow but now it looks like a lot of rain. We rode from Peterborough to Tweed and back on Sat, I don't think that area can't handle another 25mm of rain and +7C 

• Like 1

Okay so to add insult to injury the Weathernetwork is misleading.  The 7 day forecast shows highs of 0 Tuesday and -1 Wednesday, but when I check the hourly forecast.. it's actually going up to +10 overnight.. from 12am to 4am it's going to be +10.. how is +10 NOT the forecasted high temp???  I felt slightly optimistic thinking it was only going to be slightly above freezing, but now I think we're toast, unfortunately..

20 minutes north of Parry Sound it's -5 and freezing rain, haven't lost anything....yet.

Had an appointment in Parry Sound this am, crappy drive, was -2 and a mix of rain/freezing rain there

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

20 minutes north of Parry Sound it's -5 and freezing rain, haven't lost anything....yet.

Had an appointment in Parry Sound this am, crappy drive, was -2 and a mix of rain/freezing rain there

My new to me sled has studs and fresh carbides on it so this news pleases me.

• Like 3

So it looks like Bancroft didn't get anywhere near the 10 degrees that was forecasted tonight.  Drove home from the Laurentiams tonight.  Getting down out of the mountains from the Montpellier area to Gatineau was not fun.  Lots of freezing rain.  At one point I figured we were gonna have to unload the sleds and ride out.  That said with the snow they have I think the trails will be just fine.  The running from Mont Laurier back to the truck was phenominal.  Ottawa got an inch of ice pellets which seemed to soak up the rain.  Any first hand reports from Haliburton / Bancroft or Cloyne areas?  My guess is some rain, but maybe not a complete show stopper?

• Like 1

We didn't get anywhere near the amount of rain (was supposed to be 10mm from 7-8pm!! but whenever I checked it was nowhere near that).. I think it actually stopped raining alltogether during that hour to be honest.  At 5 this morning was still around 0 I believe (unless I was lucid dreaming) so certainly wasn't +8 at 3-4am..  no real loss of snow around the yard, and some snow in the forecast!..  if (and that's a big "if") the 2 week forecast holds true we should be good for another 2 weeks of riding..  my local trails are still yellow (although I wouldn't venture out until we get some covering.. driveway was awfully slick with some powder snow on top of the ice sheath.. 

21 minutes ago, paulslund said:

We didn't get anywhere near the amount of rain (was supposed to be 10mm from 7-8pm!! but whenever I checked it was nowhere near that).. I think it actually stopped raining alltogether during that hour to be honest.  At 5 this morning was still around 0 I believe (unless I was lucid dreaming) so certainly wasn't +8 at 3-4am..  no real loss of snow around the yard, and some snow in the forecast!..  if (and that's a big "if") the 2 week forecast holds true we should be good for another 2 weeks of riding..  my local trails are still yellow (although I wouldn't venture out until we get some covering.. driveway was awfully slick with some powder snow on top of the ice sheath.. 

Thanks.  Where are you located?

9 minutes ago, signfan said:

Thanks.  Where are you located?

South of Ottawa (North Gower)

11 hours ago, signfan said:

So it looks like Bancroft didn't get anywhere near the 10 degrees that was forecasted tonight.  Drove home from the Laurentiams tonight.  Getting down out of the mountains from the Montpellier area to Gatineau was not fun.  Lots of freezing rain.  At one point I figured we were gonna have to unload the sleds and ride out.  That said with the snow they have I think the trails will be just fine.  The running from Mont Laurier back to the truck was phenominal.  Ottawa got an inch of ice pellets which seemed to soak up the rain.  Any first hand reports from Haliburton / Bancroft or Cloyne areas?  My guess is some rain, but maybe not a complete show stopper?

In Northern Haliburton, some freezing rain, rain and a light dusting overnight.   Lakes are pretty bare.  I see Tall Pines is still yellow, might check it out later today and clean up some mess from the wind.

• Like 4