F'in Rain

signfan

+2 this morning and currently snowing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

The big holes will be mostly filled in and packed/frozen hard by now but the base was already thin in muskoka. Groomers were bouncing off rocks like a symphony of metal in D7. We've survived similar warmup thaws in the past but this dont look good. 

Ditto for us in Gravenhurst, Basically a reset to almost back to starting all over again, not looking good.

Cloyne at 9:40 am Thursday.  Red lines on the gauge are 6" marks in my snow pile.  Things aren't done, but not good.  If we get 6" to tonight and then more next week we might ride again.  I think we can kiss the long weekend away though.  Hopefully the clubs had everything groomed up flat going into this.  It will be bare hills, icy hills that groomers can't get over, washouts and flooding that are the issue.  

IMG_20220217_093723.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, signfan said:

Cloyne at 9:40 am Thursday.  Red lines on the gauge are 6" marks in my snow pile.  Things aren't done, but not good.  If we get 6" to tonight and then more next week we might ride again.  I think we can kiss the long weekend away though.  Hopefully the clubs had everything groomed up flat going into this.  It will be bare hills, icy hills that groomers can't get over, washouts and flooding that are the issue.  

Yup, pretty much the same here in Pakenham /Arnprior area, plus will have to check trails for downed trees after the F’n wind last night.

Rain started late last night (south) Ottawa area.  Still +5 and pouring.  Still have lots of snow on my front lawn though, but trails where already brown on the weekend...  Going out in a few hours and will drive by the trails to see how bad they are...

• Thanks 1

Doesn't look like I'll be riding this weekend, so I guess I'll start getting the boat cleaned up and ready for open water season.

13 minutes ago, VicFish said:

Doesn't look like I'll be riding this weekend, so I guess I'll start getting the boat cleaned up and ready for open water season.

Simcoe has just a wee bit of water sitting on top of the ice right now....might be able to use the boat ... lol

People will need to get there huts above the water line soon though or pulling them out just got a whole lot more difficult.

Saw an ATV'r running across this morning - lots of splish splashing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Here's a pic from 5 minutes ago off my deck, still some hope here 20 minutes north of Parry Sound

deck1.thumb.jpg.047ad5ae0e4ad633222fdfec44600ce6.jpg

Yep, I have some hope too - cold is coming soon and some snow.

Webcam from the Dorset area - not looking too bad.

ASC WEBCAM NEW - Feb 17.jpg

• Like 3

I thought we’d be a lot worse. If we get the 10 cms plus they are predicting we should be back in business.

Only hang up might be water in the low lying areas.

8946700E-FF96-4E54-B2A5-C62CADA85BBE.jpeg

5D11EA4D-979D-46E9-A654-7D915D91021A.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

'If', 'if' we get that snow.. next week early is plus temps again...

i thought you were on our side .we all cant afford to go north 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I thought we’d be a lot worse. If we get the 10 cms plus they are predicting we should be back in business.

There’s lots of water out there. If it doesn’t drain it’s going to harm winter wheat and hay fields etc. I doubt it if clubs will be allowed to open without another grooming cycle. Take a few days for water to drain now too. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Where are these taken?

No freezing rain, switched right back to snow 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

There’s lots of water out there. If it doesn’t drain it’s going to harm winter wheat and hay fields etc. I doubt it if clubs will be allowed to open without another grooming cycle. Take a few days for water to drain now too. 

Yep, I'm hoping for Sunday. I'm  bust until then anyways.