F'in Rain

signfan

11 minutes ago, Ricky Racer said:

If the clubs are smart and got groomers out before the rain, and the idiots stay off the trails for a couple days, the trails will hold up.  :)

Trails are red in the KW area this morning. Groomer was through past my place last night. Trail was solid this morning when i turned the trail closed signs. Agree with you about riders staying off. fingers crossed that we keep a bit of base for the afterthaw. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, she has the NA 900.

It definitely needed some weight dialed out of the skis. Only reason I can see that she doesn't notice it is that she is shorter and lighter than me so the bars are taller for her and giving her a better angle to steer along with less weight. I'd have to do a bar riser but I see the turbo as only adding more weight out front. I need to ride one but I'm not likely to do that.

I was thinking of spring ordering this year but I will likely go back to my original plan of ordering next spring. I want to sit on a new T-Cat and I want to see the colours on the new SRX. If the SRX goes to black and gold I will screw me completely....lol

Do you have the option this year to see or try the 2023?

Maybe some actual seat time will pursued you to order the 2023..

2 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I put 30 km on the wifes 900 this weekend. It was a throughly enjoyable ride with a very nice snowmobile. DO i want one . No. But the appeal for these is very evident.

So what I read is you are starting to warm up to the 4-stroke ..... :)

59 minutes ago, Ricky Racer said:

If the clubs are smart and got groomers out before the rain, and the idiots stay off the trails for a couple days, the trails will hold up.  :)

All turn up and bumped out near new Hamburg. Farther away from populated areas better trails were. North end of Conestoga lake was mint yesterday afternoon. 

16 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

I had a 1200. Didnt like it at all.

I am not trying to convince you of anything and I have never rode a 1200, but you must have noticed the wife's 900 did not feel like the 1200 did?

My 900 is playful, blip the flipper and she jumps up instantly, hitting some bigger bumps and not an issue - is it heavier, yes, but does not feel like it is all that much heavier.

For sure pros & cons between the two engine options and I get where you ride, having a 4 stroke is not something to consider for you.

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

I am not trying to convince you of anything and I have never rode a 1200, but you must have noticed the wife's 900 did not feel like the 1200 did?

My 900 is playful, blip the flipper and she jumps up instantly, hitting some bigger bumps and not an issue - is it heavier, yes, but does not feel like it is all that much heavier.

For sure pros & cons between the two engine options and I get where you ride, having a 4 stroke is not something to consider for you.

oh for sure. felt like a heavier two stroke. But i wasnt going fast at all.  I did 300 km on friday in Muskoka lake bernard area. I wouldnt have wanted a 4 stroke on those trails.

The 1200 felt like someone put a concrete block on the front bumper

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

oh for sure. felt like a heavier two stroke. But i wasnt going fast at all.  I did 300 km on friday in Muskoka lake bernard area. I wouldnt have wanted a 4 stroke on those trails.

I rode my brothers RR 9000 that had a tune and even it did not feel no where as nimble or light as mine - but in fairness, I was not riding the way I normally do seeing as it was not my sled......had to give it back in one piece.

1 hour ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Wait 'till you want to come down the mountain side with that block up front!

Especially in powder, where the front end wants to sink to China!

But going up will pull your arms outta your sleeves!

That's a rush!

(Chum has an M11 or two)

• Like 1

And now, back to the weather 🤨....... Snow every day ( a bit ) for next 10 days after this warm spell. 

Screenshot_20220216-155458_Weather Network~2.jpg

• Like 6

pouring rain here in central lower michigan heading north east as far north as Sault ste Marie. Ski

Raing In  sudbury since 4 ish

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Ricky Racer said:

Been +5 since around 2 here.. clubs flipped the trails to red late-afternoon..  5 sleds just went by,,,  smh

The big holes will be mostly filled in and packed/frozen hard by now but the base was already thin in muskoka. Groomers were bouncing off rocks like a symphony of metal in D7. We've survived similar warmup thaws in the past but this dont look good. 

It is POURING rain in Mitchell right now.    I just drove home from Stratford and fields are already opening up.    Hopefully we get a bunch of snow tomorrow night.  Fingers crossed.   

Still raining here in KW this morning 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

The big holes will be mostly filled in and packed/frozen hard by now but the base was already thin in muskoka. Groomers were bouncing off rocks like a symphony of metal in D7. We've survived similar warmup thaws in the past but this dont look good. 

trails were so thin. I cant see how they survive.