F'in Rain

signfan

We have a trip planned for next weekend to Pembroke, and into QC (Tremblant)..  We were going to loop south of Algonquin but I think I have to reroute and go North and around.

sigh..

2-weeks ago had to cancel trip to Tobermory due to the monsoon that came through,..  This is getting frustrating.

Mike

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

TWN now says +12 for Sunday.   

Debating between going to Barrie and going to Owen Sound at this point. I have business I could do Owen Sound way.

i think barrie would be better choice .green there

I think we'll survive Sunday🤞Port Sydney has got almost a foot of fresh snow since the last melt down. 

• Like 3

Little bit of rain last night in Kearney. Got off easy so far.No rain to speak of yet today.Wind has picked up.About 9celcius at 11am.Fingers crossed that it doesn't rain this afternoon.  Ok edit... It is now raining  ugh...

• Sad 1

Went from full on skating, 2v2 on the rink yesterday morning - to putting my foot through it this afternoon.

If it's in the sun - it's done!

Out doing some clean up this aft toward baysville. Its really bad between Cliff house and the groomer building. After that its ok for the most part. Need snow for sure. 

0A36757A-86DD-4CBD-B007-E707E1716EEB.jpeg

F70E241A-8A8B-427B-B977-00F1F33262C2.jpeg

• Like 2

Didn't get anywhere near the rain or warm temps they called for, thank goodness. Tightening back up and started snowing, maybe it's not over just yet, Fat Lady must be taking a break!

snowing.thumb.jpg.127beb33eb72e79e80eadffb1f44f7e2.jpg

• Like 4

+15 and sunny in the Ottawa area yesterday.. didn't get the rain they predicted, but all trails are closed now.  :-(  Was hoping we'd make to march break.  Time to get the trailer out! 

I was expecting to see all red on our trail guide - still yellow!

Maybe there is some riding left yet.

15 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I was expecting to see all red on our trail guide - still yellow!

Maybe there is some riding left yet.

I'm in Huntsville ..Clubs are out grooming or preparing to.

It's snowing now..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yukon said:

I'm in Huntsville ..Clubs are out grooming or preparing to.

It's snowing now..

Awesome - then make sure you get out and ride.

My folks were out riding Friday and said it was excellent.

Weather forecast is not terrible either

All great news

• Like 1

I think still have some more riding to do, and not so far away either - forecast looks pretty good too.

Trails were in good shape the other day for sure - and with less traffic now on the trails too, that is good....because people are not getting out, assuming things are done or not good shape or other commitments.

Looking at a webcam right now showing a lake that had standing water, that is now covered in White gold, with more on the way later in the week.

Clubs will do there checks based on trails going Red, the strong winds we had as well and trails will turn back to Yellow or maybe Green.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I think still have some more riding to do, and not so far away either - forecast looks pretty good too.

Trails were in good shape the other day for sure - and with less traffic now on the trails too, that is good....because people are not getting out, assuming things are done or not good shape or other commitments.

Looking at a webcam right now showing a lake that had standing water, that is now covered in White gold, with more on the way later in the week.

Clubs will do there checks based on trails going Red, the strong winds we had as well and trails will turn back to Yellow or maybe Green.

Interestingly, if you head northwest on the A trail from where it goes yellow near Chalk River today and only ride the A trail, you can ride 1283 km. to the end of the open A trail in Geraldton.

• Like 2

Trails are back in good shape. Groomers are back out in HGR territory. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, stoney said:

That was the same one I was looking at - quite the difference from earlier!

Ya.  We got a good 5-6" of snow yesterday.  Seemed the more north you went the better the snow was yesterday

• Like 2

Rode to Parry Sound and back today. Almaguin and Highland Rovers were all groomed to perfection. :right_on:Bear Lake to Parry Sound have not been groomed.Was bumpy. Gas was 1.79 /l regular at Petro-can. Stopped at Kearney legion for chili and a coffee. Came home and cleaned up my driveway and the neighbours. Overall it was a good day.😊

• Like 7

Drove to Temiscaming the snow was better looking at Huntsville than Northbay looks like more rain to the north . Looks a little better here in Temiscaming it’s +1 right now 

• Like 3