F'in Rain

signfan

Any little snow that we got has blown off the lake. Trails are rock solid even with studs and scratchers.  Looks like I'll be skating instead of sledding

13 hours ago, paulslund said:

We didn't get anywhere near the amount of rain (was supposed to be 10mm from 7-8pm!! but whenever I checked it was nowhere near that).. I think it actually stopped raining alltogether during that hour to be honest.  At 5 this morning was still around 0 I believe (unless I was lucid dreaming) so certainly wasn't +8 at 3-4am..  no real loss of snow around the yard, and some snow in the forecast!..  if (and that's a big "if") the 2 week forecast holds true we should be good for another 2 weeks of riding..  my local trails are still yellow (although I wouldn't venture out until we get some covering.. driveway was awfully slick with some powder snow on top of the ice sheath.. 

I just finished a 12 hr groomer run on the west end of D1. Trails are probably the best they have been all season. We got about 1 inch of sleet/ ice pellets with a little rain last night around 7, nowhere near the forecasted mess they were talking about. Some snow this morning to boot. But it all groomed up nice and has a little moisture in it so it’s setting up nicely.

Heading north tomorrow so won’t even get a chance to ride on it. Oh well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where’s that Musoka?  That looks pretty good. Get scratchers out no issue riding that 😀

Nope, and lots of lube!

Game on!

Could have used scratchers today. Was out riding in the Almaguin District today and the rain left the trails very hard and icy with lots of low hanging frozen branches.Talked to Mark from the Highland Rovers and he was having a hard time picking up any snow in the drag. My friends Polaris kept getting hot. Had to stop and pack snow on the tunnel to help cool it.Otherwise it was a good ride.Saw  a bull moose and a cow on the 303. 

thumbnail_IMG_7574.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7579.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7580.jpg

• Like 11

Are we getting more snow today in Muskoka? I see that some HGR trails are yellow, some red. I assume that the rockier, harder areas to fill in are the closed trails. Hopefully we get enough last minute snow to get things in good shape for this weekend. Last weekend was great with just enough new snow after the previous rain event. Thanks to the various groomer operators around Port Sydney, Dorset, Dwight, Sprucedale, Kearney, etc. for getting things into great shape then.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, gtowe said:

Are we getting more snow today in Muskoka? I see that some HGR trails are yellow, some red. I assume that the rockier, harder areas to fill in are the closed trails. Hopefully we get enough last minute snow to get things in good shape for this weekend. Last weekend was great with just enough new snow after the previous rain event. Thanks to the various groomer operators around Port Sydney, Dorset, Dwight, Sprucedale, Kearney, etc. for getting things into great shape then.

haven't checked in for a few days - but last time I did - everything was rock solid with little to no new snow.

We got about 6 inches of fresh stuff this morning.  Not as dense as I would have liked, but not bad either.. 

• Like 1

Around 3 inches off fluffy snow last night in the Kearney area. Went for a ride with my friend up the D trail to the c105 into South River .Then across the c105 to the 415 to 410  across lake Bernard to the D trail then D123 to 302,303 to Sand Lake. Trails were very good with the few inches of fresh snow. No over heating issues today. Not like yesterday. Got back to my place and blew out my driveway and my neighbours.Just watching the 6 o'clock news now.:cheers:  And i almost forgot the corners are icy...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gtowe said:

HGR is back in the yellow. Ripping to Baysville tonight, with a coffee break at freds place on the way back.

• Like 2

The long range forecast for the next 2 weeks looks decent. 👍

• Like 1

More rain for the south coming Sunday with high of 8, warmer temps to follow. Debating whether I cram in one last ride on Thursday in Durham or just put them into storage.

I had hoped to head north for at least a couple. days in March but I can see plenty of things I could get finished at home.

I bought that new sled for the wife because she said she wasn't going south again for a couple of years and wanted to ride. Friday she bought another place in Florida. Takes possession April 1.  🤪

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

More rain for the south coming Sunday with high of 8, warmer temps to follow. Debating whether I cram in one last ride on Thursday in Durham or just put them into storage.

I had hoped to head north for at least a couple. days in March but I can see plenty of things I could get finished at home.

I bought that new sled for the wife because she said she wasn't going south again for a couple of years and wanted to ride. Friday she bought another place in Florida. Takes possession April 1.  🤪

Go riding, winter weather is short, season is short, and things around the house can get done at any time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Come ride in Barrie. Trails are in excellent shape here. Orillia has great trails also, I'm not exactly sure why they are still listed as limited. I rode from Barrie to Norland yesterday on 9/10 trails..  Traffic has been very light and we are grooming daily..

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

TWN now says +12 for Sunday.   

22 hours ago, Yukon said:

Come ride in Barrie. Trails are in excellent shape here. Orillia has great trails also, I'm not exactly sure why they are still listed as limited. I rode from Barrie to Norland yesterday on 9/10 trails..  Traffic has been very light and we are grooming daily..

Debating between going to Barrie and going to Owen Sound at this point. I have business I could do Owen Sound way.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Debating between going to Barrie and going to Owen Sound at this point. I have business I could do Owen Sound way.

Monkey business is still business...

44 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yup, plus 17 for around here.

Un-real

Probably drop the sump pump into the rink after sunday

I guess I had better call in sick tomorrow and go for a ride. I'll be at the Superior Propane lot by 8am.

• Like 2