F'in Rain

signfan

1 hour ago, scottyr said:

I am taking today off and going for a ride.    It might be my first and last ride from my back door this year.  

Going for a ride around Muskoka this afternoon while we can.

• Like 4

thats just down right depressing

59 minutes ago, MXZMike said:

Crazy.. 30-50mm in parts of Muskoka.

IMG_3350.jpeg

Imagine we had this storm with winter temps....., would carry us for another month

Just walked in the door.    280kms on for the day.   Tons of traffic considering it is Tuesday.  

Trails around were excellent with the exception of the Blyth area. 

Sled getting pulled into the garage and thawed out/checked over before we head to Timmins on Monday to start our tour.  

• Like 8

Just back from 250 km run. Agree with Scotty, a ton of people out for a Tuesday. Trails were in poor shape around Elmira late in the afternoon. Lots of dirt showing, washboard and banked up corners.

Sleds are thawing in the shop for the night. In to the trailer in the morning.

5ECB5CB3-5F43-46FC-A7D2-F58AE9FEA2D3.thumb.jpeg.f2504b0cc56fcf4b7d6f1c181e0ff6a3.jpeg

• Like 9

Did a morning loop south of Whitney Mink Lk area today . Was 10/10 conditions. This area should be ok after the rain with snow and cold temps that follow. Fingers crossed..too bad it’s just before the long weekend. Lots of plans made around that holiday. 

4C37E4EA-037A-48CC-9D2B-37CF9777E103.jpeg

DECB55CA-6347-4C3A-9C56-DB4517E29977.jpeg

83414A63-3859-4A2E-8B5B-61BD87C299E5.jpeg

A0202385-E69F-4557-88D8-417040651809.jpeg

• Like 9

Rode up the D trail to 105 into South River then back 415 to 410 through Sundridge. Across Lake Bernard to the d123 then 302.303 to Sand Lake.Trails were good. Going out tomorrow morning before the rain comes. If we get 30 to 50 mm of rain that will probably screw us. Fingers crossed that does not happen.

• Like 3

I ended up staging near Kinmount at the parking lot for one of the forest tracts - Local OPP save unit also rolled in just as I was leaving.

Rode to Dorset via Minden - I cannot believe how much more road running there is now going this way, I do not recall this much the last time I ran through Minden.

Grabbed gas in Dorset and was planning to get lunch too but the restaurant was not open - ended up being about 8 sleds that pulled in right after me looking for the same thing but no dice.

Was not running back the way I came so headed over to Haliburton instead and then to Kinmount.

Some sections of trail are in really good shape, others sections, not so much.

There was a fair amount of traffic.

When I arrived back to the parking lot, OPP guys pulled in just after me - they went as far as Haliburton, mentioned busier than they were expecting, all that they checked were in their forties and a good day.

The guy at the Shell in Dorset suggested they were going to get snowmageddon and the forecast guys are all wrong like always - I like the way he thinks.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Just back from 250 km run. Agree with Scotty, a ton of people out for a Tuesday. Trails were in poor shape around Elmira late in the afternoon. Lots of dirt showing, washboard and banked up corners.

Sleds are thawing in the shop for the night. In to the trailer in the morning.

5ECB5CB3-5F43-46FC-A7D2-F58AE9FEA2D3.thumb.jpeg.f2504b0cc56fcf4b7d6f1c181e0ff6a3.jpeg

How is the wife liking the new Doo?

37 minutes ago, stoney said:

How is the wife liking the new Doo?

She says she absolutely loves it. Handles great, rides great, keeps her butt warm, its just better in every way than her Vector. And its pink.

I took it for a ride when we got home because  I was intending to order a Renegade for myself either this year or next. I think the ride is great but the steering effort for a sled far lighter than my ZR is way too heavy. In icy conditions it sticks the front end  but the skis hunt in firm snow. I like the seat but the bars are too low for me and it feels small. The motor is peppy in sport mode but runs out of jam quick. Tops out at 93 mph on the speedo.

The sled needs some setup but I'm scared to touch it since she seems to think its perfect....:rotflmao:

I been thinking maybe its time I dropped down to a lower hp sled. This Renegade gets 50% better fuel milage then my turbo but after riding this I don't think I'm ready yet.:icon_steer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

She says she absolutely loves it. Handles great, rides great, keeps her butt warm, its just better in every way than her Vector. And its pink.

I took it for a ride when we got home because  I was intending to order a Renegade for myself either this year or next. I think the ride is great but the steering effort for a sled far lighter than my ZR is way too heavy. In icy conditions it sticks the front end  but the skis hunt in firm snow. I like the seat but the bars are too low for me and it feels small. The motor is peppy in sport mode but runs out of jam quick. Tops out at 93 mph on the speedo.

The sled needs some setup but I'm scared to touch it since she seems to think its perfect....:rotflmao:

I been thinking maybe its time I dropped down to a lower hp sled. This Renegade gets 50% better fuel milage then my turbo but after riding this I don't think I'm ready yet.:icon_steer:

Good to hear!

So she thinks its perfect but you find steering heavier than it should be?

Might be time for some weight lifting.....

She has the 900 non Turbo I think - you need to try the turbo.

I recently switched sleds with my Brother who has a RR 9000 and jumping back and fourth, the CAT does seem to feel more spacious - but my Doo was far more comfortable over his RR. 

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

Good to hear!

So she thinks its perfect but you find steering heavier than it should be?

Might be time for some weight lifting.....

She has the 900 non Turbo I think - you need to try the turbo.

I recently switched sleds with my Brother who has a RR 9000 and jumping back and fourth, the CAT does seem to feel more spacious - but my Doo was far more comfortable over his RR. 

Yes, she has the NA 900.

It definitely needed some weight dialed out of the skis. Only reason I can see that she doesn't notice it is that she is shorter and lighter than me so the bars are taller for her and giving her a better angle to steer along with less weight. I'd have to do a bar riser but I see the turbo as only adding more weight out front. I need to ride one but I'm not likely to do that.

I was thinking of spring ordering this year but I will likely go back to my original plan of ordering next spring. I want to sit on a new T-Cat and I want to see the colours on the new SRX. If the SRX goes to black and gold I will screw me completely....lol

• Like 1

Rode out of Ilderton at 8am Monday morning, back to trailer at 2pm with 220kms. Off to work. This morning was informed by the nasty ex that kids wouldn’t be coming to me ( inset gun)! FML!🤦🏻‍♂️…. So, off to Ilderton again!.. riding at 2 and back to trailer around 9 with 320k of solo riding.  Trails

for the most part we’re in decent shape. Nice to get out and see lots of folks out riding before the monsoon we are expected to get!🤷‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I put 30 km on the wifes 900 this weekend. It was a throughly enjoyable ride with a very nice snowmobile. DO i want one . No. But the appeal for these is very evident.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, she has the NA 900.

It definitely needed some weight dialed out of the skis. Only reason I can see that she doesn't notice it is that she is shorter and lighter than me so the bars are taller for her and giving her a better angle to steer along with less weight. I'd have to do a bar riser but I see the turbo as only adding more weight out front. I need to ride one but I'm not likely to do that.

I was thinking of spring ordering this year but I will likely go back to my original plan of ordering next spring. I want to sit on a new T-Cat and I want to see the colours on the new SRX. If the SRX goes to black and gold I will screw me completely....lol

900 close to two stroke handling once dialed in properly. Skidoo easy to change settings. Everyone seems to like something different. I played with mine like crazy and now I just ride it. Handles pretty good in most conditions. 
147 is all I can get too wide open on a 137, 900. 

Was -6 last night at 11:00 p.m. on the rink with the kid.

Just dropped him off at school - plus 5.......

is it too much to ask for it to be winter when it is supposed to be winter!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

TWN has decreased the rain and increased the snow for Kitchener. I'm sure its just a tease.

Noticed the corrections as well this morning. 
Hopefully turns out to be not that bad. 

10 minutes ago, Ricky Racer said:

If the clubs are smart and got groomers out before the rain, and the idiots stay off the trails for a couple days, the trails will hold up.  :)

Most of the trails I rode yesterday were groomed and passed one groomer as well.

As for people staying off the trails - you know that will not happen.