F'in Rain

signfan

What a crappy forecast for this week.  Trails are finally getting good and I could see this wiping out everything south of North Bay.  What's everyone think.  Do we have a repeat of 2018 coming this week?  I believe it was the Monday of the family day weekend we lost everything that year.  I'm praying the weather network has this all miscalculated which in many instances is a good bet.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, signfan said:

What a crappy forecast for this week.  Trails are finally getting good and I could see this wiping out everything south of North Bay.  What's everyone think.  Do we have a repeat of 2018 coming this week?  I believe it was the Monday of the family day weekend we lost everything that year.  I'm praying the weather network has this all miscalculated which in many instances is a good bet.  

Next week is even worse all mild temperatures. Hoping to squeeze in one last weekend but that might be a stretch if we get an inch of rain in south. 

Yes, it sucks - one day of rain, but snow right after it too.

Next week is not too bad either, snow almost every day in the forecast - not around here, but not too far North.

I think things will be fine - hopeful at least.

• Like 1

really sucks for us southern riders

tober might be ok,where are you starting from,most of peninsula is green right now .

9 hours ago, stoney said:

Yes, it sucks - one day of rain, but snow right after it too.

Next week is not too bad either, snow almost every day in the forecast - not around here, but not too far North.

I think things will be fine - hopeful at least.

I don’t want to say nothing. If rain is light we will survive no doubt. But roads and bushes are going to be toast until we get some snow. Get scratchers out should be able to ride for weekend. Looks like you have to start in Wiarton to have decent trails. I might trailer to lions head on Saturday to ride, if I have too. Any one want to go from

kitchener. Next week will finish us off in south most likely. 🤣

A4AB4088-F3EC-4811-ADF6-AD543E75C432.png

Just now, Blackstar said:

TWN this morning calling for +7 and 15-20mm rain followed by 15cms of snow. What a mess.

I see that. Last Friday we got mostly light heavy wet snow and light rain mixed in. There was some ditches full of water too if you weren’t careful on Saturday. Hopefully rain stays away, since I am getting tired of dealing with rain, wet snow mess. 

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

TWN this morning calling for +7 and 15-20mm rain followed by 15cms of snow. What a mess.

Rock solid base maybe afterwards, if the base there now survives ?!?!? :) 

No way that snow falls behind the rain.

They are always wrong on the + temp - it's always warmer than they "say" it will be - and sustains longer too.

To put it bluntly - it's over for a lot of the province - with next weeks temp - there is no rebounding.

Disaster of a season weather wise.

• Like 2

From the looks of I would expect the Muskoka trails to be closed in the next day with a conditions check after the rain. What a crazy year. Very frustrating and compounding it with low snow and groomer issues every other week.

• Like 1

I am taking today off and going for a ride.    It might be my first and last ride from my back door this year.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

3 trips in the NCDN booked.  1st one starting next week.  😎...FYI,  rooms are booking up....

Hope to see up there at some point, Remi Lake is calling for a showdown!!! hahahhahah

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Hope to see up there at some point, Remi Lake is calling for a showdown!!! hahahhahah

We are heading up there on Monday for 5 days.    

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I am taking today off and going for a ride.    It might be my first and last ride from my back door this year.  

Good decision - wish I was doing the same.

So glad we rode hard saturday - was an absolute beauty of a day.

• Like 1