Polaris EVO Experience

Spiderman

Looking to see if anyone has any experience with the Polaris Evo?

I haven't had a fan cooled Polaris engine since the 488 Indy Trail - which were amazing in the 90's!

My kids each have Indy Lite 340's - and I am thinking it's getting time to upgrade them.

Anyone have one/ridden one and care to share their thoughts?

I've got one. My daughters started out on 120's, I had a Bravo for a year or so and then an Indy Lite for a year. 

The Evo is heads and tails above the Indy Lite for the young ones IMO.

My oldest turns 9 next week and is small for her age. The Evo is smooth and predictable. IMO the key is the clutching.

Engine is similar to older fan cooled carbureted engines, they can be hard on fuel and oil compared to newer stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -crz- said:

I've got one. My daughters started out on 120's, I had a Bravo for a year or so and then an Indy Lite for a year. 

The Evo is heads and tails above the Indy Lite for the young ones IMO.

My oldest turns 9 next week and is small for her age. The Evo is smooth and predictable. IMO the key is the clutching.

Engine is similar to older fan cooled carbureted engines, they can be hard on fuel and oil compared to newer stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions

Appreciate the feedback and info. 

Mine both started out on 120's as well.

We don't ride very often right now ( sports ) so fuel and oil consumption will be minimal anyways.

Having my son follow me around saturday on his Indy Lite, he did amazing with it and I think it's time to upgrade them now that they are out on "trails" - and not just bombing around fields and lakes.

Thanks again

My friends wife has one and fuel/oil mileage isnt great and she's not hard on the throttle either. Nice sled for a newbie but dont pass a gas station. 

I picked one up for my 14 year old this year. It works great. Yes fuel

milage isn’t the greatest. 80-90 miles per tank. The gauge seems to stick around the res marker for a long time. I have tried to run it empty in the field to see how many miles per tank it actually gets but haven’t got there yet. 
I have ridden it out tin our farm fields and it’s quite peppy and handles fairly well. 
$7,500 brand new or $5-6k for a 10

year old sled was how I made my

decision.

0E365351-0C24-43CE-9E51-AAFE85BD5EE9.thumb.jpeg.4e2bfa0f955a9ef5632214b884c3bb54.jpeg

• Like 2

What about an AC Blast ZR as an option. It uses a version of the 800 Ctek (400cc single) which is liquid cooled and fuel injected.  A bit more than the Poo but more sled in the end. 

28 minutes ago, Puggz said:

What about an AC Blast ZR as an option. It uses a version of the 800 Ctek (400cc single) which is liquid cooled and fuel injected.  A bit more than the Poo but more sled in the end. 

Will have a look at it as well.

Thank you

Had one for my daughter. Ran it for 3500km. No problems. Great sled and well thought out.

I wish we had bought it when the kids were 9/10'ish because we would have got more use out of it. As it was, my daughter was 13 and out grew it within 2 yrs. 

Pro's

Great stepping stone sled allowing them to ride the trails and learn how to handle the sled.

Con

Fuel tank is dinky small - limited range.

The 80kph limiter is ok until you ride on ice. There were times we wish we had more power.

Very limited on ability to adjust suspension for better handling. We put a 6" shaper under the ski so it wouldnt push as bad in the corner.