Planning trip Feb 27-Mar 5. Help

Ontariobrent

Group of 4 of us plan on leaving from New Liskeard and doing the loop up to Cochrane over to Hearst down through chapleau and over to Timmins. 
looking for your best places to stay and spots to stay away from.  
Plan on staying;

New Liskeard 

Cochrane

Hearst

Dubreville or around there 

Timmins 

Thanks 

Cochrane westway Hearst Companion Dubreuilville magpie but if you haven’t already booked there you probably can’t get a room . Also try the Big bear in hawk junction they have rooms above the restaurant . Chapleau  Valentines b&b and Timmins Cedar Meadows 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ontariobrent said:

Group of 4 of us plan on leaving from New Liskeard and doing the loop up to Cochrane over to Hearst down through chapleau and over to Timmins. 
Plan on staying;

New Liskeard 

Cochrane

Hearst

Timmins 

Thanks 

Only issue no trail connection from chapleau to Timmins this year unless you arrange a tow truck shuttle near Timmins side, around closed area. 

• Like 1

I know the shuttle is an option but, no way I am putting my sled on an open trailer, to get covered in road shit for 60kms, then finish my ride. I would ride out and back, or pick a destination with day riding loop trails, before doing that to a 20k dollar toy. Ski

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

I know the shuttle is an option but, no way I am putting my sled on an open trailer, to get covered in road crap for 60kms, then finish my ride. I would ride out and back, or pick a destination with day riding loop trails, before doing that to a 20k dollar toy. Ski

I totally agree ! We are going to black creek after Dubreuilville taking the long way back to New Liskard 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ontariobrent said:

Was is your reasoning for this?  

The EconoLodge has a bigger spot for Truck and trailer parking.  I am OCD, so I like my stuff parked PERFECT as possible. Our favorite spot is the Waterfront Inn,  because that place is nice, and has Roosters 🐓 restaurant on site,  and it's located on Lake Temiscaming.  The Holiday Inn and Quality Inn are ok as well. Only downside to the Waterfront Inn, is the availability of gas. But gas is just up the river at the Mr. Gas off of the Wabi River, or you need to ride up to the gas stations by the EconoLodge,  the Quality Inn or the Holiday Inn 

6 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

The EconoLodge has a bigger spot for Truck and trailer parking.  I am OCD, so I like my stuff parked PERFECT as possible. Our favorite spot is the Waterfront Inn,  because that place is nice, and has Roosters 🐓 restaurant on site,  and it's located on Lake Temiscaming.  The Holiday Inn and Quality Inn are ok as well. Only downside to the Waterfront Inn, is the availability of gas. But gas is just up the river at the Mr. Gas off of the Wabi River, or you need to ride up to the gas stations by the EconoLodge,  the Quality Inn or the Holiday Inn 

Way over at the north side with a snow bank between the trailer and the trail.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Thank you for the help 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ontariobrent said:

Plan on staying;

New Liskeard 

Cochrane

Hearst

Timmins 

Thanks 

If you stay with the Big Loop, here are some way points for fuel and/or lunch. (I always fuel the group no longer than 160KM - with a 200KM  tank range on most of our sleds.) doesn't take long to fuel up compared to time lost if someone runs out.) (This plan reflects that we had to go from Hearst to Wawa in 1 day, as only beds available at Duberville were single queens, which the guys just don't do.) We are now just doing NL to Hearst, day trip to Hornpayne and back towards Cochrane and NL. Group of 6. Can't miss me, White "Real Tree" coat and I normally lead.

Big Loop.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Update, with the forecasted rain coming this week we cancelled our Rooms in Mattawa and rebooked into New Liskeard from Saturday the 19th to Friday the 25th, will be doing day trips out of there, If anyone is in the area let me know.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Thanks for the Update, with the forecasted rain coming this week we cancelled our Rooms in Mattawa and rebooked into New Liskeard from Saturday the 19th to Friday the 25th, will be doing day trips out of there, If anyone is in the area let me know.

That's our March plan. Day trips from New Liskeard. Enjoy.