C101D Updates

Turbo Doo

2 hours ago, willb said:

Are there elevation changes and lots of backcountry riding options out of there? Would love to hear more!

There are elevation changes, bowls, twisting logging roads, power lines, lots of challenges. Contact Todd Broomhead at valentinefarmsbnb@gmail.com

The conditions and terrain will challenge most cross over machines. Trail machines will not cut it in the back country there. The snow depth this year is averaging over 4ft with no thaw layers.

PXL_20220227_161901306.thumb.jpg.ad6df2ae9e28e21ecc7ca333ad33aed7.jpgPXL_20220227_173324575.thumb.jpg.bdb43d7c8a9df7f6d669f2c1981048e2.jpgPXL_20220227_195747316.thumb.jpg.c8b29bb5e411203555dbb10713d7cdbb.jpgPXL_20220225_150636105.thumb.jpg.b6997fa2a5eabc325c2f32010252e6e7.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

There are elevation changes, bowls, twisting logging roads, power lines, lots of challenges. Contact Todd Broomhead at valentinefarmsbnb@gmail.com

The conditions and terrain will challenge most cross over machines. Trail machines will not cut it in the back country there. The snow depth this year is averaging over 4ft with no thaw layers.

Great thank you for the information. We have backcountry’s so sounds perfect!

On 2/28/2022 at 8:42 PM, tricky said:

It's funny how things work out, Nick. You were with me on what was likely my last brisk ride. I tore up my left rotator cuff sledding on the loop trails north of Hearst in January. That pretty much ended my season. When I missed half of last year on my dirt bike, I lost so much speed that I will never find it back again at 72.

Rick  that ride is one that I will never forget. One of the best rides I have had in one hell of a long time. The whole trip was the icing on the cake of an excellent year. I hope you heal up  and sometimes it's not all about the speed lol

18 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

Rick  that ride is one that I will never forget. One of the best rides I have had in one hell of a long time. The whole trip was the icing on the cake of an excellent year. I hope you heal up  and sometimes it's not all about the speed lol

Hey Nick, it was fun meeting you guys when you were doing almost the same trip that our group had planned. Our run from Hornepayne to Hearst was the icing on the cake for me last year, and nobody in my group was willing to run that hard. 

My shoulder has been improving quite noticeably, to the point where its my 95 and 93 year old parents' health that is keeping from sledding with our gang next week. I am hoping that folks get stabilized shortly, so that I can get north before the snow is all gone. It would likely mean going all the way to Kap to launch, just like last spring. Shall I let you know if I am going?

10 hours ago, tricky said:

Hey Nick, it was fun meeting you guys when you were doing almost the same trip that our group had planned. Our run from Hornepayne to Hearst was the icing on the cake for me last year, and nobody in my group was willing to run that hard. 

My shoulder has been improving quite noticeably, to the point where its my 95 and 93 year old parents' health that is keeping from sledding with our gang next week. I am hoping that folks get stabilized shortly, so that I can get north before the snow is all gone. It would likely mean going all the way to Kap to launch, just like last spring. Shall I let you know if I am going?

Hey buddy. We won't be going that far.   Plans are for next week to head to sturgeon and ride to Kirkland and Timmins and return. Weather is looking ok on the 14 day. Just hoping that the A is in good shape     I hope all goes well for you.