C101D Updates

Turbo Doo

8 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

I'm just busting your chops...:evil2::icon_steer:

I know, me too. between you, the Mrs, and the twins, and their hubby's, I am petrified to ride with you guys. LOL!  Lynne and I will just ride in the back with our offtrail rigs, and pull you guys out of the rhubarb. Just wait for us at the major turns. LOL! Ski

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, skidooboy said:

I know, me too. between you, the Mrs, and the twins, and their hubby's, I am petrified to ride with you guys. LOL!  Lynne and I will just ride in the back with our offtrail rigs, and pull you guys out of the rhubarb. Just wait for us at the major turns. LOL! Ski

No rhubarb here.. The girls can sure ride, JESUS.  It's on the bar or nothing. :evil2::icon_dance-cpatch::icon_dance-cpatch::icon_steer:....

11 hours ago, T bird said:

I seen someone had posted on 705 sleds that they were offering a shuttle service for this portion. Could haul 6 sleds but only take 4 passengers. 200$ I think it said. 

Thanks. I'll look that up, although I'm not sure how the 6 and 4 would work. Do 2 guys stay on their sled on the trailer? :-)

But I see that 705 is a private group with sign up required. I'll wait to see what the club comes back with, for now.

Saw that, on the book of feces. Ski

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 5:01 AM, Turbo Doo said:

A temporary solution to the closed section..

Screenshot_20220205-045752_Samsung Internet.jpg

Just about to post this. @Turbo Doo Did you post on Dootalk?

• Like 1

I will let you know how this goes.    We are booked with these guys for next Tuesday.    I have a wash bay with a heated garage waiting for me on Tuesday night in Chapleau if the machines get too dirty.    

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

how did it go ?    I see that red section is quite a lot more than original 

Wow Nick it sure is longer. A little over 200 km. of trail. I'm wondering if Timmins S.C. figures there isn't much use of grooming that trail if it dead ends.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Wow Nick it sure is longer. A little over 200 km. of trail. I'm wondering if Timmins S.C. figures there isn't much use of grooming that trail if it dead ends.

ya   really something with all the trail issues  all over the province    gotta be real tough for everyone that is affected    I dont know but this year really has its challenges 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

how did it go ?    I see that red section is quite a lot more than original 

The trailer ride was quick and easy.   Sleds stayed remarkably clean.    Ken the driver is quite the guy.    Friendly fellow.   

We stayed in Chapleau and the B&B we stayed at said with that section of trail closed, their business is down about 80%.   I am sure they are pretty much out of business now that HH has closed.    

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

We stayed in Chapleau and the B&B we stayed at said with that section of trail closed, their business is down about 80%.   I am sure they are pretty much out of business now that HH has closed.    

Hey Scott, glad you got your trip in. Sounds like it went OK, even with the challenges. Was the Chapleau B&B Valentine's? If so, was it still being operated by the couple that are my age or older? Great people who deserved a better fate.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

ya   really something with all the trail issues  all over the province    gotta be real tough for everyone that is affected    I dont know but this year really has its challenges 

Going to be allot more next year. Endless posts on face book about people not staying on trail. One farm said someone took a detour over the strawberry plants.  
another one across the drive way and all over his lawn tearing concrete drive way. 
rumour has it we are going to loose trail going into north east hope out of new Hamburg. 😂

3 hours ago, tricky said:

Hey Scott, glad you got your trip in. Sounds like it went OK, even with the challenges. Was the Chapleau B&B Valentine's? If so, was it still being operated by the couple that are my age or older? Great people who deserved a better fate.

Your age or older ?  If they have half your energy they are good to go :rotflmao:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tricky said:

We stayed at Valentine Farms.    Their son is a fireman in London and took 6 weeks off this winter to look after the place.    He was the one telling me that they are basically out of business with the trail closure and now HH closed.   Sounds like the dad is in pretty rough shape.   We never saw them at all.    

That being said, it was a fun spot.    $60/person cash.    Not fancy but did the trick and our entire group could sit around and watch the hockey game on TV.   

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, scottyr said:

We stayed at Valentine Farms.    Their son is a fireman in London and took 6 weeks off this winter to look after the place.    He was the one telling me that they are basically out of business with the trail closure and now HH closed.   Sounds like the dad is in pretty rough shape.   We never saw them at all.    

That being said, it was a fun spot.    $60/person cash.    Not fancy but did the trick and our entire group could sit around and watch the hockey game on TV.   

They are great people. 

Ross and Frenda.  Forget the sons name but have met in the past..

Hope the best for all of them.

Just shows what link in trail can do to affect many lives..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rich Saul said:

They are great people. 

Ross and Frenda.  

X2

Kind man.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Going to be allot more next year. Endless posts on face book about people not staying on trail. One farm said someone took a detour over the strawberry plants.  
another one across the drive way and all over his lawn tearing concrete drive way. 
rumour has it we are going to loose trail going into north east hope out of new Hamburg. 😂

Why do you laugh at the end of your post ?  Or is that crying ?

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Your age or older ?  If they have half your energy they are good to go :rotflmao:

It's funny how things work out, Nick. You were with me on what was likely my last brisk ride. I tore up my left rotator cuff sledding on the loop trails north of Hearst in January. That pretty much ended my season. When I missed half of last year on my dirt bike, I lost so much speed that I will never find it back again at 72.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

17 hours ago, Rich Saul said:

They are great people. 

Ross and Frenda.  Forget the sons name but have met in the past..

Just shows what link in trail can do to affect many lives..

We just got back from Chapleau last night. Stayed at Valentines B&B for 4 nights. Todd is the son,  and we also met the dad the one night when he came out for a visit. Great times, did a trail ride to Foleyet one day for lunch and back and the other days did back country riding on the logging roads. PXL_20220227_212427829.thumb.jpg.4c974b47ef4b8391cc74ac70f6a7eb52.jpgPXL_20220225_184440216.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.ce06320b94f8cf0215de1931e8f61cc7.jpgPXL_20220226_150301115.thumb.jpg.4c6c8dd19fbe4598f49ce10bdb25fbe8.jpgPXL_20220226_164118804.thumb.jpg.ef98b76f358a7e90b1924f14220d7460.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Yamatario said:

We just got back from Chapleau last night. Stayed at Valentines B&B for 4 nights. Todd is the son,  and we also met the dad the one night when he came out for a visit. Great times, did a trail ride to Foleyet one day for lunch and back and the other days did back country riding on the logging roads.

Are there elevation changes and lots of backcountry riding options out of there? Would love to hear more!