C101D Updates

Turbo Doo

This is going to really hurt the guys in Chapleau and Halfway Haven.    I bet they lose 50% of their traffic with that trail closed.    

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Halfway especially after the owners and all. Sad.  

I could see the HH guys pulling the pin after this year after this news.    No way is there enough traffic up there if you cannot do "the loop".    

16 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I could see the HH guys pulling the pin after this year after this news.    No way is there enough traffic up there if you cannot do "the loop".    

You can do the loop,  via Sudbury i guess if guys are interested in that.  Just more days of riding. 

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Need to find a flatbed tow service in Timmins.  They could offer a service to move you around this.  If promoted by the club and it was reliable it would solve this as a temp fix for this season.

I would have 6 sleds needing this type of service on 3 March, from the Chapleau side to Timmins, should it materialize.

However, I have now added contingency room bookings in Hearst and Cochrane, anticipating not being able to do the big loop. The Chapleau and Wawa rooms get cancelled in about a week and half. 

I think we will just go Cochrane to Dub and turn around.   I really wanted to see HH.   

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I think we will just go Cochrane to Dub and turn around.   I really wanted to see HH.   

I couldn't get two beds per room in Duberville as part of plan B of the trip, and had to push to Wawa. Now (plan C) we'll do what we often do and just take a day trip to Hornpayne and back from Hearst (and sometimes pop up and do the trails north of Hearst on the way back.)

Missing out on staying at the Moose Horn Lodge is a huge disappointment. (Why I'll give it a bit longer to cancel; but will give her a heads up that I expect us to have to cancel.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

I would have 6 sleds needing this type of service on 3 March, from the Chapleau side to Timmins, should it materialize.

However, I have now added contingency room bookings in Hearst and Cochrane, anticipating not being able to do the big loop. The Chapleau and Wawa rooms get cancelled in about a week and half. 

PM me, We will be in Cochrane starting Sat March 5th and heading towards Hearst and Dub then back till the 12th

Worth phoning some local dealerships to see if they would trailer you around for a fee or even the club or some local towing companies. Might not want to do it as a business but you could find someone willing to do a one off for a few bucks. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You still can go to HH...

yep, half a days ride to HH from Dub. Ski

• Like 1

I dont know about all that. LOL! Ski

1 hour ago, willb said:

Worth phoning some local dealerships to see if they would trailer you around for a fee or even the club or some local towing companies. Might not want to do it as a business but you could find someone willing to do a one off for a few bucks. Good luck!

Reached out on the Timmins club FB page and it may be possible to have someone to provide a shuttle service. They need a few more days to get the info together and then post.

I suggest you hold off on cancelling plans, but you may wish to have a backup reservations, as I have done.

• Like 3

we tend to play a lot on the crown land on the way there so, it is an all day effort for us. LOL! Ski

• Like 1

5 hours ago, willb said:

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Reached out on the Timmins club FB page and it may be possible to have someone to provide a shuttle service. They need a few more days to get the info together and then post.

I suggest you hold off on cancelling plans, but you may wish to have a backup reservations, as I have done.

I seen someone had posted on 705 sleds that they were offering a shuttle service for this portion. Could haul 6 sleds but only take 4 passengers. 200$ I think it said. 

• Like 1