Jump to content

C101D Updates


Turbo Doo
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is going to really hurt the guys in Chapleau and Halfway Haven.    I bet they lose 50% of their traffic with that trail closed.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Halfway especially after the owners and all. Sad.  

 

I could see the HH guys pulling the pin after this year after this news.    No way is there enough traffic up there if you cannot do "the loop".    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, scottyr said:

 

I could see the HH guys pulling the pin after this year after this news.    No way is there enough traffic up there if you cannot do "the loop".    

 

 

 You can do the loop,  via Sudbury i guess if guys are interested in that.  Just more days of riding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, signfan said:

Need to find a flatbed tow service in Timmins.  They could offer a service to move you around this.  If promoted by the club and it was reliable it would solve this as a temp fix for this season.

 

I would have 6 sleds needing this type of service on 3 March, from the Chapleau side to Timmins, should it materialize.

However, I have now added contingency room bookings in Hearst and Cochrane, anticipating not being able to do the big loop. The Chapleau and Wawa rooms get cancelled in about a week and half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we will just go Cochrane to Dub and turn around.   I really wanted to see HH.   

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I think we will just go Cochrane to Dub and turn around.   I really wanted to see HH.   

 

I couldn't get two beds per room in Duberville as part of plan B of the trip, and had to push to Wawa. Now (plan C) we'll do what we often do and just take a day trip to Hornpayne and back from Hearst (and sometimes pop up and do the trails north of Hearst on the way back.)

Missing out on staying at the Moose Horn Lodge is a huge disappointment. (Why I'll give it a bit longer to cancel; but will give her a heads up that I expect us to have to cancel.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

I would have 6 sleds needing this type of service on 3 March, from the Chapleau side to Timmins, should it materialize.

However, I have now added contingency room bookings in Hearst and Cochrane, anticipating not being able to do the big loop. The Chapleau and Wawa rooms get cancelled in about a week and half. 

PM me, We will be in Cochrane starting Sat March 5th and heading towards Hearst and Dub then back till the 12th

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth phoning some local dealerships to see if they would trailer you around for a fee or even the club or some local towing companies. Might not want to do it as a business but you could find someone willing to do a one off for a few bucks. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

You still can go to HH...

 

yep, half a days ride to HH from Dub. Ski

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont know about all that. LOL! Ski

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, willb said:

Worth phoning some local dealerships to see if they would trailer you around for a fee or even the club or some local towing companies. Might not want to do it as a business but you could find someone willing to do a one off for a few bucks. Good luck!

Reached out on the Timmins club FB page and it may be possible to have someone to provide a shuttle service. They need a few more days to get the info together and then post.

I suggest you hold off on cancelling plans, but you may wish to have a backup reservations, as I have done.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

we tend to play a lot on the crown land on the way there so, it is an all day effort for us. LOL! Ski

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, willb said:

Worth phoning some local dealerships to see if they would trailer you around for a fee or even the club or some local towing companies. Might not want to do it as a business but you could find someone willing to do a one off for a few bucks. Good luck!

 

3 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Reached out on the Timmins club FB page and it may be possible to have someone to provide a shuttle service. They need a few more days to get the info together and then post.

I suggest you hold off on cancelling plans, but you may wish to have a backup reservations, as I have done.

I seen someone had posted on 705 sleds that they were offering a shuttle service for this portion. Could haul 6 sleds but only take 4 passengers. 200$ I think it said. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...