BLUETOOTH SPEAKERS for Oxygen helmet

Giddy UP

Hey all :wavey:  Looking for recommendations for bluetooth speakers for an Oxygen helmet.  What are you using?  Thanks!  😎

Must be a 4 stroke thing?

Just now, Ox said:

Must be a 4 stroke thing?

LOL...I ride 2 stroke.  I have never listened to music while riding before - thought it was more for the youngsters actually...LOL.  Now as I am getting longer in the tooth I thought - what they heck!  Maybe I could listen to some tunes too! :rotflmao:  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

we run the sena 20S evo's they are a bluetooth, communicator and media unit. having the ability to talk, and warn people about changing conditions, is a godsend. no more stopping, waiting, hand signals, yelling conversations over running motors etc... having music, helps me pass the time, on rides, no different than listening to music in the background at work, in the car, at home. just makes the experience a little better. hearing a song later in life, that was playing during a specific moment, helps you "remember, and relive" the experience. I find myself doing that, more than paying attention to what is coming out of the speakers, while riding. I understand it isnt for everyone but, I enjoy it. your results may vary. Ski

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, skidooboy said:

we run the sena 20S evo's they are a bluetooth, communicator and media unit. having the ability to talk, and warn people about changing conditions, is a godsend. no more stopping, waiting, hand signals, yelling conversations over running motors etc... having music, helps me pass the time, on rides, no different than listening to music in the background at work, in the car, at home. just makes the experience a little better. hearing a song later in life, that was playing during a specific moment, helps you "remember, and relive" the experience. I find myself doing that, more than paying attention to what is coming out of the speakers, while riding. I understand it isnt for everyone but, I enjoy it. your results may vary. Ski

Thanks Ski. Yes. That is what I am looking for. Mr Giddy is not one for the comms thing, although I can see the usefulness. I usually lead and am always waiting for him LOL. But he is never too far behind, but I am looking for the nostalgic tunes!  I will look into Sena!  Cheers! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

Well, on that "note", Little Miss Blue's (LeAnne Rimnes) One Way Ticket will forever be remembered by us for our first trip sledding in Canada.

Every night when we would get a room, my chum would find the country music video channel, and that was the hottest ticket at the time I guess....

That doesn't come on the radio hardly that I don't remember that trip.

• Like 1

I think you want a Bluetooth communicator with wired head phones.  Changing batteries for wireless speakers would be a pain.  With the communicator it's external and easy to access.  Then get an old iPod or if your phone has room put the music on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, signfan said:

I think you want a Bluetooth communicator with wired head phones.  Changing batteries for wireless speakers would be a pain.  With the communicator it's external and easy to access.  Then get an old iPod or if your phone has room put the music on it.

I have both iPod and iPhone with iTunes. So yes, I was wondering about charging the speakers as well. Hmmmm. Maybe I will just keep signing to myself. lol :smil9:

The communicators are great.  Nice thing is you also have the ability to scroll threw songs just by hitting the button on it.  They work good.  Mine have an FM radio in them too.  I do find that doesn't work great as most places we ride is out of range of most stations.  

• Like 2

I'm using Uclear, I can listen to music, take phone calls, and the ignore the spouse option is there also (muted)..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

My Barney had driver to passenger and sled to sled communication as well as Sirius Satellite radio. Much better than singing to myself and yelling at other riders!!! 

I like yelling at other riders :headbang: