COVID closures?

GrizzlyGriff

I notice many of our closed trails are links between clubs just like last season when links were closed to prevent the spread of COVID. Is this policy continuing this year I wonder?

29 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

I notice many of our closed trails are links between clubs just like last season when links were closed to prevent the spread of COVID. Is this policy continuing this year I wonder?

no chance

8 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Not that I am aware of - mostly snow conditions particularly in the Muskoka region with the Canadian Shield to deal with - lots of rocks and they have little snow compared to areas further south.  Even further south where there is more farm fields to go through is a challenge.  We rode out on Tuesday through some of those trails that are now listed as limited and they are mostly rough....still need more snow down there as well.  Today we are getting more snow - so I would expect to see more openings soon.  It has been a tough year so far :wacko:

Hey Grizzly

No that's not an issue. Hasn't even been discussed.

In our/your area, the snow is very dry and hard to compact and groom. There's no moisture in it. Hence, it makes it difficult to fill in the holes around the exposed Canadian Shield rock.

We lost a great longtime landowner on the 509 south of Gooderham. They are now building a home on their property. Been trying to obtain approval to use a unopened road allowance from Highlands East for the past few months. It's been painfully slow. Still waiting but we are ready to go if we get the approval. Will need large equipment to put a  temporary trail in this year and a permanent one next year.  ie excavator etc.

The E108 still has some swamp issues towards the Paudash trails.

Dan

Great answer Dan. Thanks. We’ve booked Spectacle Lake in a week from now so hoping a link will appear. I guess it is Haliburton or E108. Fingers Crossed

Stay tuned for the 509. Received approval. Hope to get excavator in early this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was also curious about the E108 trail as i was hoping to ride up to Wilberforce on Friday to visit friends. 509 or E108 are my only two options. Haliburton 9 is an excellent trail when there is plenty of snow so i know that won't open for a while. I may end up riding the southern trails a few more times as I see the trail from the Ganny to Bewdley just went yellow. Land permission issue resolved.

Jerry

The E108 on our side is shown yellow/limited. The red section is Paudash trails. 

Our side will not go green until we get more snow.

I started a new thread in Club Ontario East and will try to keep it up to date. No promises.

Dan

• Like 2