South is OPEN!!!!!!

15 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Great job thank-you! How many km’s of trail do you look after? 

Not many.

Same here not many km , but someone has to do it.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2023 at 8:23 PM, coldfinger said:

No rain for the next week is great for pulling trail stakes and signs. Not going to track up the farm fields and cake the Ranger in mud . But l probably will .

I see the old orders are spreading sh!t  stakes are vulnerable 🤣

• Haha 2

• 7 months later...

Going through some older GoPro videos this afternoon, sure hope this areas gets some snow and cold this season 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

Going through some older GoPro videos this afternoon, sure hope this areas gets some snow and cold this season 

Cheers it’s only December 8. 
We aren’t known for snow until January it seems. 2021 we rode from Jan 15th until March 6. It was steady that year. Hoping for another like it 😎

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3559.jpeg

IMG_3558.jpeg

• Like 3

Yea another one of those would be nice 

• Like 1

Well I’m trying to be positive 

warm Christmas weekend will be ok for travel 

• Like 2

Woke up to white roofs and some

ice

next 4

days are +7, 8, 9, 9 ugh 

but then cools down again 

The south is muddy. Can't finish trail set up until we get a good frost . We need to use the tractor to clear  all the dead ash blow downs . Difficult planning a day to get out with this mild weather and all the Christmas festivities . Not fun operating a chainsaw hung over .

43 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

The south is muddy. Can't finish trail set up until we get a good frost . We need to use the tractor to clear  all the dead ash blow downs . Difficult planning a day to get out with this mild weather and all the Christmas festivities . Not fun operating a chainsaw hung over .

No hurry by the look of the forecast. We finished up St. Clements trail set up on Wednesday morning when the ground was stiff and only have some plowing that needs levelling but that's another story. We don't have a lot of bush on our trails so blowdowns weren't an issue but Brad did a lot of brushing along the way as the trails were being set up.

• Like 3

PLC     Has your club remained a Club or has it become a chapter?  Bridgeport became a chapter , l understand why they went in this direction  for  admin purposes . However any equipment needed to set up the trails and maintain them all comes from the volunteers Bridgeport owns nothing.  I had no problem  with this arrangement when the riding season was more than a few weeks .Now starting too feel less generous . I consider you a expert in this area , any thoughts . Merry Christmas . 

44 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

PLC     Has your club remained a Club or has it become a chapter?  Bridgeport became a chapter , l understand why they went in this direction  for  admin purposes . However any equipment needed to set up the trails and maintain them all comes from the volunteers Bridgeport owns nothing.  I had no problem  with this arrangement when the riding season was more than a few weeks .Now starting too feel less generous . I consider you a expert in this area , any thoughts . Merry Christmas . 

Our club is apparently starting into the process of becoming a chapter for exactly the reason you mentioned. The OFSC in their wisdom?? has chosen to download more and more paperwork responsibilities onto the clubs at a time when it is already hard to retain volunteers. The club will be getting rid of any assets left over from the loss of the clubhouse and will no longer be incorporated. If anyone needs commercial kitchen equipment, we have it for sale. 

Their are polesaws etc. still available for the local clubs' use that are kept at Sauders in Wallenstein. Its basically equipment that the GTSA had before it folded. I understand that some of the clubs in other areas of the District have already been renting whatever they need for trail install from local sources. I'm lead to believe that if executed properly many times these costs can be funded through the District.

Merry Christmas to you coldfinger.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Great news to see rail line open from shelburne to Owen sound 

• Like 1

Fergus, Arthur and Conestoga lake showing yellow today ! 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I see rail line is open from Orangeville to Owen Sound this afternoon 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Did you ride it? 

No

41 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

Shucks. Heard it was mint Sunday morning. 

Never heard , not likely it will reopen now 

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Never heard , not likely it will reopen now 

Nope, that was the last shot. The railbed was still good yesterday and it was well travelled. Gone today.

• Sad 1

We closed our trails yesterday in Gravenhurst, things went south pretty quick yesterday with the warm weather and the rain last night and another warm day today, doubtful they will reopen again but who knows.

• Sad 2

I pulled stakes and signs at the road crossing on our place today. They came out way to easy for Feb. 22nd. I wouldn't mind if I had to put them back in but....

• Like 1