South is OPEN!!!!!!

Sorry for the late response folks been really busy, our trails are open at LIMITED Status, get out and enjoy but PLEASE I BEG YOU stay between the stake lines.

Once again we are having huge issues with Trespassers going wherever they dam well feel like and we are in jeopardy of losing trails within the 1st 48 hrs of opening FFS.

Our parking lot in Orangeville (Mono Plaza) was full yesterday by 11 am and I had to turn away 24 trucks & trailers so get there early or keep going North to Super Burger or our Groomer shed on Hwy 10 north of Shelburne.

Get out and ride, stay safe and keep the rubber side down!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Sorry for the late response folks been really busy, our trails are open at LIMITED Status, get out and enjoy but PLEASE I BEG YOU stay between the stake lines.

Once again we are having huge issues with Trespassers going wherever they dam well feel like and we are in jeopardy of losing trails within the 1st 48 hrs of opening FFS.

Our parking lot in Orangeville (Mono Plaza) was full yesterday by 11 am and I had to turn away 24 trucks & trailers so get there early or keep going North to Super Burger or our Groomer shed on Hwy 10 north of Shelburne.

Get out and ride, stay safe and keep the rubber side down!

That’s problem. Too many morons flooding your area. Almost better off to stay closed until more areas open to spread traffic out. Barrie area having the same problem I heard, especially with modified exhaust. All this traffic and people ride outside stake lines because trails get rough. Then land owners see this and think this is norm and want to close trails. Our area last year not one track off trails all week, then out of towners show up on weekend mostly from London, brantford areas and tracks every where outside the stakes. 🤣

Good luck hopefully I can ride your area in future 😎

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Look who is first in D5 to open with 7.5 cm’s on the ground. 🤣

You mean Bridgeport? There is way more than 7.5 cms on the ground, likely 20-25 cms. I rode it yesterday with the wife. The plowed fields are brutal, the grass fields are good , the bush trails are a sticks/snow/dirt mix.

It scratched the inch and let her get a short run on the new sled but we won't be going back out until we get another 6 inches.

I just don't feel the need to run garbage any more.

DFBA5986-F372-42C5-A8C7-143D80A788DC.thumb.jpeg.419dbc64123f074ab3707e3c8978778b.jpeg

8 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

That’s problem. Too many morons flooding your area. Almost better off to stay closed until more areas open to spread traffic out. Barrie area having the same problem I heard, especially with modified exhaust. All this traffic and people ride outside stake lines because trails get rough. Then land owners see this and think this is norm and want to close trails. Our area last year not one track off trails all week, then out of towners show up on weekend mostly from London, brantford areas and tracks every where outside the stakes. 🤣

Good luck hopefully I can ride your area in future 😎

Ya, I see this both ways. Its great to have some trails open so people can get on them but it brings a ton of traffic to trails with marginal snow coverage. The base and underlying crops get destroyed. But is it fair to the permit buyers to keep rideable trails closed while waiting for the neighbouring clubs to catch up.

Its damned if you, damn if you don't.

This was Schweitzer st at 4pm today. 2 blocks of trailers. My mother says it’s been trucks and trailers and sleds all weekend. She likes to see the families going out for ride. Leave your cans at home though.

8D9842A8-074C-4A5E-BF82-D890543578D7.thumb.jpeg.d7a8f854e9369e0b15e0aebd0503cdc1.jpeg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You mean Bridgeport? There is way more than 7.5 cms on the ground, likely 20-25 cms. I rode it yesterday with the wife. The plowed fields are brutal, the grass fields are good , the bush trails are a sticks/snow/dirt mix.

It scratched the inch and let her get a short run on the new sled but we won't be going back out until we get another 6 inches.

DFBA5986-F372-42C5-A8C7-143D80A788DC.thumb.jpeg.419dbc64123f074ab3707e3c8978778b.jpeg

What a great looking sled    :rockon:

You nailed it Blackstar dammed if we do dammed if we don't.. 

We got so overrun we had to turn people away, was brutal as we hate turning sledders away from our area.

All 3 local drop zones were flooded but our awesome groomer operators are doing the best they can to deal with the traffic and reset the trails this week!

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, Blackstar said:

Ya, I see this both ways. Its great to have some trails open so people can get on them but it brings a ton of traffic to trails with marginal snow coverage. The base and underlying crops get destroyed. But is it fair to the permit buyers to keep rideable trails closed while waiting for the neighbouring clubs to catch up.

Its damned if you, damn if you don't.

This was Schweitzer st at 4pm today. 2 blocks of trailers. My mother says it’s been trucks and trailers and sleds all weekend. She likes to see the families going out for ride. Leave your cans at home though.

8D9842A8-074C-4A5E-BF82-D890543578D7.thumb.jpeg.d7a8f854e9369e0b15e0aebd0503cdc1.jpeg

Nice have you tried any where else this week. I usually go Stratford way and north but still closed. Maybe I try tivetdale early next week before melt hits? Any thoughts thanks. 
Nice pretty sled hopefully it stays that way 😎

7 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Nice have you tried any where else this week. I usually go Stratford way and north but still closed. Maybe I try tivetdale early next week before melt hits? Any thoughts thanks. 
Nice pretty sled hopefully it stays that way 😎

We rode from home yesterday. Up to Alma, over to Conestogo Lake for a packed lunch at the clubhouse (doors open and heat on). Down to St Clements, back up through Elmira and home.

Snow is best to the east. Alma seemed the best conditions we rode. Everything was rideable. Some of the plowed fields near St Clements clubhouse are rough yet but it will get better with more groomer passes. Plenty of wind and a bit if fresh snow made for lots of drifts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

i see the rail line is open from Orangeville through Shelburne to Dundalk today, Yellow !

I haven't even installed the battery in my sled yet lol 

Forecast looks like crap, hope they don't lose too much 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sledguy74 said:

i see the rail line is open from Orangeville through Shelburne to Dundalk today, Yellow !

I haven't even installed the battery in my sled yet lol 

Forecast looks like crap, hope they don't lose too much 

gosh the forecast is pretty dismal   cant see how even that much will last    

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

gosh the forecast is pretty dismal   cant see how even that much will last    

It sure is. Not great even in North Bay although it has gotten better  looking for sledders over the last few days.

Was +5 at 7 this morning and it’s full sun right now 

no coat needed 

hope the rain forecasted doesn’t arrive or at least minimal amounts 

• Like 1

Well this rain has again ruined everything 

sign of the time I guess ! 

11 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

Well this rain has again ruined everything 

sign of the time I guess ! 

Yup big snow storm is followed by rain a week later. 🤦‍♂️ 
last time we had a good winter was 2013 into 2014.

Almost 3 feet of frost that yesr. This year might not even get any if weather keeps up. 

it will change ,still early

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rail line is yellow from Orangeville to Owen sound ….. a good sign 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Rail line is yellow from Orangeville to Owen sound ….. again

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

How was ride 🤔

Never made it out 

Would be nice if this snow just stayed as snow ❄️