TRAILS STARTING TO OPEN!

Giddy UP

So glad we are starting to see some Yellow in Southern Ontario. :woot: I am privileged to be able to ride from home in two places usually.   I live in Kearney as well as have a place in Victoria Harbour 50/50 - and usually one of those two places is one of the first to open south of Cochrane!  This year it happens to be in the latter - so - with the Orillia Club and Georgian Bay clubs working so hard to get things open - Hats off to them for all the great work they have done to be ready as quickly as they were this week.....- we FINALLY saw some Yellow on the trails today!  GIDDY UP!  Mr. Giddy got to check out his new ride  -  which he is impressed with btw...and I got to check out my new Oxygen Helmet - in love!  Not many kms - but enough to take the itch off!  Vic Harbour to Orillia and back.  Only 100kms...but .....better than the 0 kms we have done so far this season!  The trail had been freshly groomed looks like yesterday - with a nice couple of inches of fresh snow on top to make it a sweet ride!  We started out and I would say on par with 9/10 most of the way - especially for early season riding!  We jumped on Hoggs Bay at Victoria Harbour over to the "Hole in the Wall" and onto C towards Coldwater then onto the "Utoff trail rail bed" or C106B all the way to Lake Couchiching!  The ride back was starting to warm up and after Coldwater getting soft and corners were getting bared off....parts of C trail after Wab towards Midland were getting bare and there is a HUGE open water slush hole to get onto Hoggs Bay from the Hole in the Wall to get back to the Harbour on our return.  No pic of big water/slush hole as my thumb was on the throttle - sorry...LOL  So we did a bit of "puddle jumping" I guess...:rotflmao:.(although it is fairly shallow there anyway - but sure didn't want to end up in the drink on our first trip out this season - not a good start)!  😁 We definitely could use more snow,  even after the good dumping that we got the other day!.  Just keep snow dancing folks :icon_dance-cpatch:!  I think you will see more Yellow trails later in the week - not to be confused with "yellow snow" :rotflmao:  Ride safe!  

Paul sledtime.jpg

Paul new sled 2.jpg

Paul new sled.jpg

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, coolbane said:

Glad you got out, and thanks for the report.  

Do you think it will still be rideable on Friday?

We are expecting some snow squalls with this cold front moving in….I would think so.  I am fairly certain there will be more trails opening as well….I saw the Snow Voyagers packing their trails as well.

• Like 1

Not many places open yet. Old railbed from Marmora to Havelock went yellow as well, ran back and forth then out to lake I managed 75 km as well.  Better then snow blowing a third day.  Trail was groomed probably a day or two ago but was same fresh powder and fresh tracks.   Better then when it's green lol.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Not many places open yet. Old railbed from Marmora to Havelock went yellow as well, ran back and forth then out to lake I managed 75 km as well.  Better then snow blowing a third day.  Trail was groomed probably a day or two ago but was same fresh powder and fresh tracks.   Better then when it's green lol.

You betcha!  At least a little adrenaline rush…even if it was only a short ride…at least it was a RIDE without having to drive to Cochrane 😃

• Like 1

Annnd there’s more!  This posted on Facebook 

There you have it! All ADSC trails are open on a limited basis. Our groomer operators have been working around the clock to get the trails ready. The damage caused by the sxs’s and atv’s in the Dufferin forest has been repaired this morning and the trail is looking great. Although we did get a lot of snow from the storm this week there are still some sections of trail that are still a little rough so please ride with caution. I would also like to thank everyone for staying off the trails until they were opened, our groomer operators reported that there was very few snowmobile tracks, this helps so much in setting up a good base and letting us open sooner.  Hope everyone gets a chance to get out and enjoy the trails!

247EF6A2-51E0-46E8-8698-10E1477CD5FB.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1