T13 west of Mont Laurier

Puggz

Just wondering if anyone here knows why this trail is still closed. Mrs and I are heading up to the area on Sunday.  I've tryed looking up the Club's webpage but so far nothing.

TIA,

p.

image.png.1eaf91aeaa120d36918d10c54bc60c43.png

Doesn't have the closed for season marker, and last update on that trail was 14 January.  Looks like some very tuff terrain to open?

Which hotel, I'm thinking of using the Quality and interested to hear about travelling the main drag to get to it or the Super 8.

(As I'm in Ottawa, it is only a160Km drive, so I may pop up there as soon as my buddies Mach is picked up next week.)

We are at Le Village Windigo right now. Not sure why that section of 13 is closed. I believe it was closed all last season.

The best riding is north of Mont Laurier anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Doesn't have the closed for season marker, and last update on that trail was 14 January.  Looks like some very tuff terrain to open?

Which hotel, I'm thinking of using the Quality and interested to hear about travelling the main drag to get to it or the Super 8.

(As I'm in Ottawa, it is only a160Km drive, so I may pop up there as soon as my buddies Mach is picked up next week.)

When we stay in Mont Laurier at a hotel the Comfort Inn is my first choice. Better trail access than the Quality Inn or Super 8 has.

Comfort Inn has restaurant as part of the building.

Best Western had good trail access also but no restaurant on the premise.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Correct, there's no indication of an issue like a bridge being out, etc. Yes maybe just difficult terrain even though a lot of it is along the hyw.

Not staying in a hotel, we have a chalet rented north of ML near Val Vigor.  Last time i was in the area we stayed at the Rabaska lodge and yes I agree, best riding is north of ML.

Thank you!

P

20 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

We are at Le Village Windigo right now. Not sure why that section of 13 is closed. I believe it was closed all last season.

The best riding is north of Mont Laurier anyways.

Any accomodation restrictions? Have to be people from same residential address in each room?

3 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Any accomodation restrictions? Have to be people from same residential address in each room?

Quebec rules allow people from two house holds to share room. 

We were two couples sharing a cottage these past few days with no problems.

lf you had multiple guys sharing a cabin l’m not sure that will fly everywhere. I would want confirmation from each place May stay. Think some businesses are interpreting the rules differently.

Both Rabaska and Mekoos allowed you to go inside and warmup while you waited for food order. Once received your food you were asked nicely to move outside.