Has anyone heard about trail grooming in Muskoka?

Little Ski Doo

One last kick at the can today. Set out to find the warm up shelter on 62. HGR and Baysville club werent groomed but stiil in nice shape. Road scratch thru Baysville was ok. Got to 64 and 101 after that tough section of 101 and tall pines had groomed last night! Woohoo! 👌Across Raven lake and 64 was groomed too! Couple water boils and icy spots but absolutely mint!! Up to62 and its groomed up nice. Found the shelter and i gotta say bravo Tall pines, nice shelter! Had a coffee and a smoke then headed back satisfied with the successful mission. Got back to Mary lake and the stakes were pulled while i was gone. Checked the itg once home and i see hgr and hw pulled the plug on this season. I see Tall pines is leaving them yellow and kudos to them on that. They're in great shape! 

8E2745E7-C359-4966-AD83-F7743CEB1AE7.jpeg

FEA98B4E-12FD-45CD-BAD0-00AD45553B51.jpeg

9C4573A3-9C03-4E63-B043-9D578BED82FB.jpeg

297C738B-C181-4C62-90E7-79973BDD6F87.jpeg

AFCBD7F8-FAF7-4CE9-8AF2-FF356C0AA465.jpeg

EB0C5ADE-2636-4BA3-8C4D-ABF522B2DE87.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

One last kick at the can today. Set out to find the warm up shelter on 62. HGR and Baysville club werent groomed but stiil in nice shape. Road scratch thru Baysville was ok. Got to 64 and 101 after that tough section of 101 and tall pines had groomed last night! Woohoo! 👌Across Raven lake and 64 was groomed too! Couple water boils and icy spots but absolutely mint!! Up to62 and its groomed up nice. Found the shelter and i gotta say bravo Tall pines, nice shelter! Had a coffee and a smoke then headed back satisfied with the successful mission. Got back to Mary lake and the stakes were pulled while i was gone. Checked the itg once home and i see hgr and hw pulled the plug on this season. I see Tall pines is leaving them yellow and kudos to them on that. They're in great shape! 

8E2745E7-C359-4966-AD83-F7743CEB1AE7.jpeg

FEA98B4E-12FD-45CD-BAD0-00AD45553B51.jpeg

9C4573A3-9C03-4E63-B043-9D578BED82FB.jpeg

297C738B-C181-4C62-90E7-79973BDD6F87.jpeg

AFCBD7F8-FAF7-4CE9-8AF2-FF356C0AA465.jpeg

EB0C5ADE-2636-4BA3-8C4D-ABF522B2DE87.jpeg

Glad you had a great Ride Steve!  Tall Pines does an excellent job and seems to get a bit more snow in that area. I wouldn't be surprised if Tall Pines shuts it down after today due to the rain coming.  Too bad!  Did you turn around at the shelter?

If you go a few minutes further towards Kennisis you come to Trail 11, which takes you across Red Pine and Clear Lake which is where the ice cave is.

• Like 1

I turned around at trail 11. Always great finding new spots. I will check out the ice caves next year for sure. Perfect spot to stop for a break at that shelter. 

Shelter got rebuilt  years ago, perfect for a rest.  I noticed last weekend someone stole our Axe we leave there.  Also took a deer skull we had hanging on the wall  🤬

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, stonehaven said:

Shelter got rebuilt  years ago, perfect for a rest.  I noticed last weekend someone stole our Axe we leave there.  Also took a deer skull we had hanging on the wall  🤬

How sad!

Wow we just a got a new axe and a deer skull at Freds place this season 🤣😂🤣just kidding. Lol That is annoying. 
I noticed there was no axe and could use a dust pan as well. If i come across either of those items needing a new home i'll grab em for next season and bring em over. One thing i put in at Freds was a battery motion light outside and some inside battery night lights. No one stole the motion light yet after 4 years and its as handy as pocket in a tshirt but they've stole 2 out of 3 inside night lights. And somehow the stove handle got broke off this year. How the hell do ya break a stove handle? Makes ya wonder. 

• Haha 1

Lol, I might drop off some supplies this weekend at cabin especially if we get 10-20cm. 😁.

I like the idea of motion lights,  used to be a dust pan in there as well. 

22 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

Lol, I might drop off some supplies this weekend at cabin especially if we get 10-20cm. 😁.

Well look at that, there is 20cm in the forecast!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stonehaven said:

Somebody stole a dust pan??? What is this world coming to!  

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Steve F6 said:

Wow we just a got a new axe and a deer skull at Freds place this season 🤣😂🤣just kidding. Lol That is annoying. 
I noticed there was no axe and could use a dust pan as well. If i come across either of those items needing a new home i'll grab em for next season and bring em over. One thing i put in at Freds was a battery motion light outside and some inside battery night lights. No one stole the motion light yet after 4 years and its as handy as pocket in a tshirt but they've stole 2 out of 3 inside night lights. And somehow the stove handle got broke off this year. How the hell do ya break a stove handle? Makes ya wonder. 

Crazy sad actually,. 

On 3/21/2023 at 4:27 PM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Somebody stole a dust pan??? What is this world coming to!  

Cheap man's shovel? 

Took some supplies to the warm up shack today. Too bad Tall Pines trails are closed.

20230326_122740.jpg

20230326_124317.jpg

20230326_124320.jpg

20230326_131007.jpg

• Like 7