Has anyone heard about trail grooming in Muskoka?

Little Ski Doo

On 1/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, andreyboater said:

We are going RAP next Wednesday starting from Parry Sound, hopefully Seguin will be open. 

You might need a chase truck/trailer to float you around the closed trails on the west side of the loop. I know you wouldn't trespass on closed trails.

44 minutes ago, tricky said:

You might need a chase truck/trailer to float you around the closed trails on the west side of the loop. I know you wouldn't trespass on closed trails.

Possibly to get to a favorite restaurant in Bracebridge.

Was out today for a short ride. Almaguin 302 and 303 were groomed.D123 was getting groomed towards Kearney.Seguin was good till the D trail on the west side of Sprucedale. The Magnetewan club has been up to the Seguin on the 704 and 711. Parry Sound club has not come across to Sprucedale yet.

Our team has been out this trying to see if we could open more trails this weekend but the consensus is obviously we need another dump of snow, it wouldn’t take a lot to ruin the base with a lot of traffic. It’s sure been a tough year. I feel for the tourism related businesses this year for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Was out today for a short ride. Almaguin 302 and 303 were groomed.D123 was getting groomed towards Kearney.Seguin was good till the D trail on the west side of Sprucedale. The Magnetewan club has been up to the Seguin on the 704 and 711. Parry Sound club has not come across to Sprucedale yet.

Hopefully this "Snow Squall Watch" we are under will come through with some decent snow.  The trails need another good dumping and will be in much better shape!  Keeping fingers crossed and doing the snow dance! :icon_dance-cpatch:

• Like 2

Going well in huntsville...snow is strong and lots of wind. About 3 fresh inches in driveway 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, tricky said:

I have a second plan if trails stay closed on west side, we start from Whitney and will ride East side of Algonquin 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, andreyboater said:

I have a second plan if trails stay closed on west side, we start from Whitney and will ride East side of Algonquin 

That's a great back-up plan, but looks like your full trip is available now. Happy for you. In recent years when the west side of the park hasn't been fully open, we have taken to riding 'half a RAP'  out of Whitney or Barry's Bay, up to Bonfield and then back using the alternate local trails. Its usually in very good shape. 

• Like 1

Just back from a trip down to Parry Sound, saw lots of sleds riding closed trails between Parry Sound and Pointe Au Baril.

Carling groomers are working but our North East Georgian bay Groomer situated out of Pointe Au Baril is, and apparently has been since last July, still in Sudbury for repairs. Last word is that both mechanics at repair facility now have Covid  🥵

• Sad 3

Ran out to the ice caves today.Trail was ok.Then took the d trail into Kearney. This was decent.Got gas at Fetterlys then took the d123 north.Had to turn around as the Police had the trail closed for another accident.The 303 back to Sand Lake was rough in a few spots. We need more snow to fix the trails.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Just back from a trip down to Parry Sound, saw lots of sleds riding closed trails between Parry Sound and Pointe Au Baril.

Carling groomers are working but our North East Georgian bay Groomer situated out of Pointe Au Baril is, and apparently has been since last July, still in Sudbury for repairs. Last word is that both mechanics at repair facility now have Covid  🥵

Your District office should be able to fix your club up with a replacement loaner to use.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Your District office should be able to fix your club up with a replacement loaner to use.

You would think so, not really sure what the heck's going on. It's a real shame as we have a significant amount of snow

here now, should make for some good trails

4 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

As of Friday Robert was fine, he was out to the stp garage to inspect a trooper with a broken frame

• Like 2

6 hours ago, snowchopper said:

Got gas at Fetterlys then took the d123 north.Had to turn around as the Police had the trail closed for another accident.The 303 back to Sand Lake was rough in a few spots. We need more snow to fix the trails.

Gravenhurst High School tech teacher George Guppy,  57, died today on D123 north of Kearney. Very sad news. He was a nice guy. Level headed.

Screenshot_20220129-220216_Messenger.jpg

• Sad 10

Did anyone ride Tall Pines/ASC trails this weekend?

45 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Did anyone ride Tall Pines/ASC trails this weekend?

I rode there this past weekend,  thought the trails were decent.  Need this snow they are calling for this week!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2022 at 12:02 PM, andreyboater said:

I still shaking in my boots, due this mild weather, but lucky me trails are open so we are on schedule and start our RAP Thursday morning🤩

• Like 2

1 hour ago, signfan said:

What's the verdict on the storm?  Help or a hinderence?

Definite help building base here-4" heavy wet covered by a couple in. fluff!

5 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Definite help building base here-4" heavy wet covered by a couple in. fluff!

About the same here outside Waterloo. Now if we could only get our groomer moving.