Has anyone heard about trail grooming in Muskoka?

Little Ski Doo

Hoping for some good news in our area by the weekend, otherwise looks like we're trailering a little further north.

11 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

With all the red in the Parry Sound area I have already committed to going north.

Yea I'm a bit surprised, was in Parry Sound yesterday, usually Carling is grooming out of Nobel by this time, not sure what's going on. Still haven't seen the groomer arrive in Pointe Au Baril, drags are here

A little disheartening to say the least. I would have thought that many of the Carling trails would have been packed with a Bearcat or similar but nothing has started before the snowfall this past weekend. 

Muskoka Sno-Bombers [Bracebridge] recently posted on FB explaining issues regarding trails not open-no base!

27 minutes ago, Muskoka1 said:

Muskoka Sno-Bombers [Bracebridge] recently posted on FB explaining issues regarding trails not open-no base!

We can never seem to win in District 7.

We have a lot of low lying wet/swamp in our area.

Usually - we prefer good solid cold before too much snow - which almost never seems to happen.

This year - we finally got some good cold before the snow - but since then - very little snow.

I love sledding - but I really hate having to depend on weather 

We are going RAP next Wednesday starting from Parry Sound, hopefully Seguin will be open. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Usually - we prefer good solid cold before too much snow - which almost never seems to happen.

This year - we finally got some good cold before the snow - but since then - very little snow.

Im so close to kicking it down the curb. So much money invested. Ill always have a sled around but this is getting stupid.

I hate trailering so thats my issue really

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

1 minute ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Im so close to kicking it down the curb. So much money invested. Ill always have a sled around but this is getting stupid.

I hate trailering so thats my issue really

This is what makes trips so worth it - but I get it, not for everyone either.

I think if it came to it and all I could do was trips, I would still be doing it - but I also enjoy the local'ish day rides too.

12 minutes ago, andreyboater said:

We are going RAP next Wednesday starting from Parry Sound, hopefully Seguin will be open. 

I am thinking you might need to reconsider that - district 7 looks to be an issue right now....but that might change in a few days.

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

This is what makes trips so worth it - but I get it, not for everyone either.

I think if it came to it and all I could do was trips, I would still be doing it - but I also enjoy the local'ish day rides too.

Ya not my thing. Ive done all the trips and such. So i prefer day rides out of the cottage.  What really sucks is having 40k of machines sitting there for 5-6 weeks of winter. Not the best ROI

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Ya not my thing. Ive done all the trips and such. So i prefer day rides out of the cottage.  What really sucks is having 40k of machines sitting there for 5-6 weeks of winter. Not the best ROI

LOL....can't think that way, it will drive you nuts.

Should be no reason lake running is not doable until the trails are set - I know also not the greatest, but better than nothing.

3 minutes ago, stoney said:

LOL....can't think that way, it will drive you nuts.

Should be no reason lake running is not doable until the trails are set - I know also not the greatest, but better than nothing.

Oh im heading up this weekend. at least get out on the lakes I guess.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Oh im heading up this weekend. at least get out on the lakes I guess.

Yeah-lakes are good-a bit of slush but easily a foot of ice out here!

• Like 1

Looks like port Sydney has starting packing ,but we do need another good blast here to get the green light I'm thinking ,did manage to get out back with the 380 fanner and get some grooming done 

PXL_20220126_211341143.jpg

PXL_20220126_212843772.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Looks like port Sydney has starting packing ,but we do need another good blast here to get the green light I'm thinking ,did manage to get out back with the 380 fanner and get some grooming done 

PXL_20220126_211341143.jpg

PXL_20220126_212843772.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

That looks better than some of the trails that are "open"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UsedtoSkidoo said:

Weather really changed in last 15 years. Kearny use to open early december and ride sequin. Southern Ontario we use to always get 8 weeks. Now lucky if we get a good month, some years not even that much. Musoka use to get 3 months now getting what southern Ontario use to get 🤣. Maybe it change in next few years and winter last longer. 

13 hours ago, stoney said:

I am thinking you might need to reconsider that - district 7 looks to be an issue right now....but that might change in a few days.

I was thinking the same thing.  It’s not far off!…… however, conditions could be sketchy at best.  

Carling Groomer is indeed out, packing and grooming. Snowing here again, should really help.

On a sad note our local NEGB Groomer still hasn't shown up from summer repairs in Sudbury,

operator is anxious to get going, really good guy

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Lots of red in the southwest. Should ask OFSC to send a groomer that isn’t being utilized 

Wouldn't you think????  Apparently there is a spare groomer but it had previously been loaned out to somebody 🥵