Has anyone heard about trail grooming in Muskoka?

Little Ski Doo

Snowcrest opened a small section of trail yesterday, Looks like Baysville club and Highland Rovers did also.

It is a start but we need much more snow for sure.

• Like 4

About 3 inches in huntsville this afternoon and still coming down

• Like 3

Luvin the change of colors, lastnights snowfall will doo wonders round here!

• Like 1

My daughter was out on the lake and in a field yesterday - snow looked good.

We're heading up this weekend for some riding - can't wait!

3 hours ago, Nunz said:

Were you shedding a tear there Nunz - I know you are a passionate man about the Poo and sledding ..... :lol:

I see Kerry has been busy with his updates lately regarding the trails, accidents, etc.....

31 minutes ago, stoney said:

Were you shedding a tear there Nunz - I know you are a passionate man about the Poo and sledding ..... :lol:

I see Kerry has been busy with his updates lately regarding the trails, accidents, etc.....

lol, really hoping both sleds arrive in the next week or so, Between working on club stuff and trying to plan a couple trips north is getting very frustrating to say the least. 

Reached out to a buddy so I could have his sled to sit on for the interview was kinda funny though.

Trying to stay positive for the time being.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nunz said:

Good stuff.

Can't imagine trying to run a business reliant on weather and being allowed to actually be open.

Support those people!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldslowsledder said:

Getting seriously dumped on here north of Parry Sound, hopefully the Groomer arrives from the repair

facility, operator is anxious to get going

So is this Carling Trail Blazer's groomer?

I don't think so. There has been a real lack of snow in the bushes, son and I run bush and swamps from home and knocked over a thousand bull rushes so far.......that is until today, got seriously dumped on and it's started again. 

Realistically there is 6-8 inches of fresh snow, should be no excuses now

• Like 1

HGR has started packing!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Nunz said:

Nice you sounded a little cold. Hopefully you guys get some more snow. New Dundee just opened imagine that. Been closed more then it has been open over the years. We take it for a change 😎

• Like 2

Yep gonna bring a sled home on Sunday to go around new dundee..Can't believe they open before muskoka....

• Like 2

Ran into Mark Reynolds of the Highland Rovers today. He did not get down to the d101b the other day.He was working on that today.He was hoping to get down to Billie bear then back up to the 102 to 95 today. I think he might be a little optimistic. He was working on plowing snow from approx 100 feet on each side of the trail in a swampy area trying to fill in a trench on the trail created by atv's. :mad: .Their other groomer was going west on the Seguin. Almaguin got their new groomer back from the shop.Had problems with the DEF system.D123 was good. The 303 was rough on my way out but i did pass the groomer on my way back to Sand Lake .The 303 was a little better but we still need snow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, Spiderman said:

Good stuff.

Can't imagine trying to run a business reliant on weather and being allowed to actually be open.

Support those people!

Ciara & her husband Josh are great people-deserve a lot of support-bought The Frosty Pint just before covid & Josh quit his job!

• Like 3

The Frosty Pint is one of the Trail Guide sponsors for the local club, Snowcrest Riders.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

Ciara & her husband Josh are great people-deserve a lot of support-bought The Frosty Pint just before covid & Josh quit his job!

I honestly couldn't imagine the stress they have gone through.

Let's get to the other side here and spend some money in these much needed places!

• Like 2