STOLEN SLED

Giddy UP

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

We have parked in Quebec many many times, never an issue...

40 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We have never had an issue either however we have puller the breaker a few times over the years when we were in areas for the fist time that we had never been before and that had widely publicized theft issues.

Knock on wood, we have never had issues either - of course you always heard about this and how theft can be bad, I always wondered if it is one of those tails that tends to get exaggerated.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Knock on wood, we have never had issues either - of course you always heard about this and how theft can be bad, I always wondered if it is one of those tails that tends to get exaggerated.

We stayed at a motel in Lac Etchemin one night. The following morning 2 sleds outside a room down from ours were gone.

1 hour ago, stoney said:

I don't get people worried about parking their stuff for a few days here and there or overnight, yet they'll park expensive toys at their un-attended cottages for long stretches without a concern...

Just go - crap happens

• Like 1

One (not ours) got taken from the lot outside the bar at The Companion Inn in Hearst while we were there.

9 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I don't get people worried about parking their stuff for a few days here and there or overnight, yet they'll park expensive toys at their un-attended cottages for long stretches without a concern...

Just go - crap happens

When you're hundreds of miles from home and crap happens it is not only holiday ruining for you but also for the people with you. Seems very simple to take some very simple precautions. Each to their own.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

We stayed at a motel in Lac Etchemin one night. The following morning 2 sleds outside a room down from ours were gone.

Only experience we have had, that I recall, is in Val-d'or a couple of sleds were gone the next morning.

Place was packed, sleds parked all over the place, but two were the unlucky ones to come out to a surprise.