SNOWMOBILE FATALITY

Giddy UP

Condolences to the family and friends involved.

Pair seriously injured in snowmobile crash in Huron County, Ont.

Huron County OPP say two people suffered serious injuries in a snowmobile collision southwest of Wroxeter, Ont.

70c8fc80

Police say around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, emergency crews responded to a snowmobile crash at the intersection of Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) Trail B108 and C Line Road.

The snowmobile driver and a passenger, both 25 years old, were rushed to hospital with serious injuries.

Police believe alcohol and speed were factors in the collision.

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Huron OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (519) 482-1677.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8514916/huron-county-snowmobile-crash/

These news stories are good at naming the OFSC trail locations, without mentioning that the trails are not yet open. 

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Police say it happened on a trail? A OFSC trail? Sad indeed....

it was on an OFSC lake trail.

9 minutes ago, rsykes said:

it was on an OFSC lake trail.

If it was on the lake how did she end up in the trees?  So sad indeed.  My condolences to family and friends - such a tragedy 😢

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LuvMyViper said:

Pair seriously injured in snowmobile crash in Huron County, Ont.

Huron County OPP say two people suffered serious injuries in a snowmobile collision southwest of Wroxeter, Ont.

70c8fc80

Police say around 12:30 a.m. Saturday, emergency crews responded to a snowmobile crash at the intersection of Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs (OFSC) Trail B108 and C Line Road.

The snowmobile driver and a passenger, both 25 years old, were rushed to hospital with serious injuries.

Police believe alcohol and speed were factors in the collision.

The investigation is ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Huron OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or (519) 482-1677.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8514916/huron-county-snowmobile-crash/

Alcohol a factor.  

Just to make a point here,  our last few days of riding in the NCDN, we witnessed more LOOSERS drinking and smoking weed trailside then ever before.  Very very sad state of affairs.  These riders need off our trails and behind bars before they ruin others lives...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Alcohol a factor.  

Just to make a point here,  our last few days of riding in the NCDN, we witnessed more LOOSERS drinking and smoking weed trailside then ever before.  Very very sad state of affairs.  These riders need off our trails and behind bars before they ruin others lives...

Totally agree TD. That said, until enforcement is stepped up it will get worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Totally agree TD. That said, until enforcement is stepped up it will get worse.

Agreed. When you can smell weed riding past riders pulled over trailside, smoking weed and drinking,  especially at our NCDN speeds,   there's a problem.

• Like 2

Agreed keep this stuff off the trails.  Wait until your done for the day.  Keeps everyone safer.  More enforcement needed.  Always amazes me up there seeing garbage cans full of empties too.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 12:13 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Agreed. When you can smell weed riding past riders pulled over trailside, smoking weed and drinking,  especially at our NCDN speeds,   there's a problem.

Well, I'll tell yuh...

I have a customer that is aboot 200 yards over the Michigan line, and their town has allowed Grow Houses in. Now they are inundated with new buildings going up all around them. I have heard Mrs. O saying how it really stunk when she delivered one particular time at least, but I never noticed it. But then a cpl weeks ago I was pulling in there, and as I went past the first facility, instantly as I passed, I could smell the place. In December, with winders up! As soon as I got passed tho, it went away.

But they say that it can get really bad - especially in the summer. One guy says he doesn't park in the garage anymore. Etc...

My customer is hoping to one day sell his building to one of them and move away, but ????

IDK what it would take to convert an older fab building to a grow house?

It may make sense for them to just build new? IDK.

I know they have a LOT of infrastructure inside the first building as I watched them just keep taking stuff inside time after time, and no more often than I was there too...

The others are around the corner and I have only driven past those recently for the first time.

It's all new enough that it doesn't show up on the online maps.

6 minutes ago, gobills said:

Agreed keep this stuff off the trails.  Wait until your done for the day.  Keeps everyone safer.  More enforcement needed.  Always amazes me up there seeing garbage cans full of empties too.

Well, I have spent a cpl of days in a warm-up shack once, and I dare say - I was glad for a cpl empty beer cans to rip up and melt snow in.

I don't carry my own, so I rely on others to leave their Schidt anywhere I might need one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1