D.E.S.S Post Lock

Turbo Doo

As you '22 Doo Owners are aware,  the sleds are coming with non functional security on the D.E.S.S Post.  Meaning any key will start the sleds.  Today on our drive to the NCDN,  I stopped at my Doo dealer to pick up the new Doo D.E.S.S Post lock. Just wanted to share some pics.  These are free BTW, and are in very limited supply..

20220112_204436.jpg

20220112_204416.jpg

20220112_204407.jpg

• Like 4

When installed, is there enough space under the lock to get fingers under it ?

If so a passer by could pry it up and break off the post rendering the sled useless ruining a trip.  Think of what a screwdriver could do.  Better sleep with one eye open.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Big Pussy said:

When installed, is there enough space under the lock to get fingers under it ?

If so a passer by could pry it up and break off the post rendering the sled useless ruining a trip.  Think of what a screwdriver could do.  Better sleep with one eye open.

Why do you have to be so negative?...given the circumstances, surely this better than nothing.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Some folks have been parking sleds in trailers for years ( if hotel based ). Just another option for this unique situation  ( secure  trailer  ). The usual wire cable thru skis, which we actually used to do, for some reason. 

• Like 3

My point is, if you havn't figured it out, it might be better to not put anything on that post.  Sorry to hurt your feelings.

• Like 1

We picked up our DESS post locks this week. Mr Evil made this before the locks from skidoo came out.    

9LHMMptXTFishQRSKQbOXA.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Big Pussy said:

My point is, if you havn't figured it out, it might be better to not put anything on that post.  Sorry to hurt your feelings.

And my point is, in case you haven't figured out, that it's far better to be constructive, rather than putting the idea in somebody's head about how they might possibly defeat this DESS lock. Your posts are often very technically instructive and helpful...too bad that wasn't the case this time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Canuck said:

Some folks have been parking sleds in trailers for years ( if hotel based ). Just another option for this unique situation  ( secure  trailer  ). The usual wire cable thru skis, which we actually used to do, for some reason. 

We continue to use the cable lock when on our trips. Our theory is that if there are a number of sleds in the immediate area, thieves would likely pick the easiest sleds to get.  LOL it makes us feel better if nothing else.

• Like 8

Has anyone heard of when functioning DESS parts may become available for our new sleds that didn’t come with them? Any chance of happening during this riding season?

14 minutes ago, sinc71 said:

Has anyone heard of when functioning DESS parts may become available for our new sleds that didn’t come with them? Any chance of happening during this riding season?

FWIW, Seadoo owners have been waiting since last season for DESS posts so I would think they will get first priority when the posts come available.   

1 hour ago, sinc71 said:

Told 2023, but honestly is just a stab in the dark right now. 

3 hours ago, stoney said:

Told 2023, but honestly is just a stab in the dark right now. 

I was just told summer of this year, 2022.  You may be correct, but who knows?

5 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

I was just told summer of this year, 2022.  You may be correct, but who knows?

Well, they were correct on my 1+1 seat.....but I figured with the shortage of these chips across so many different products worldwide, I do not think anyone really has any concrete answers.

Would be great to get sooner, but I am not expecting it before the 2022/23 year, and would be surprised even at that point.....but the 2023 models better not get theirs before my 2022 does :poke2: ..... lol

• Like 1

The Seadoo guys have been waiting since last summer for their DESS posts so I would assume that they would get 1st priority.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, scottyr said:

The Seadoo guys have been waiting since last summer for their DESS posts so I would assume that they would get 1st priority.

The backlog grows weekly - there will be a huge gap to fill that will take a while.