Parking - Kirkland Lake / Kenogami Area

Sevey

Can anyone who knows the area suggest a spot where you can drop for the day in the Kirkland Lake area or along the Highway at Kenogami?

Prefer somewhere close to the Hwy.

Thanks

MS

I would try 

Esso- MACPHERSONS GENERAL STORE

5411 HIGHWAY 11,

SWASTIKA,ON P0K 1T0

We use it s a gas stop between New Liskeard and heading to Cochrane. Right on the highway. Local trail (L114) comes off of the A right to the station. Give them a call. I think for a day ride you have a good chance, as the lot is pretty big. Fueling up there may help you out.

(ITG had it as a food stop, now not showing as food (sandwiches in a fridge) or fuel

image.png

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.
MS

• Like 1

Thanks for plucking this off their FB page. Perfect

MS

You also try calling the Butler Lake Truck Stop..it's north of KL on the 11 right across from the A trail...  I'm not sure they are still in business though as they didn't seem to be a few years ago the last time I was up.. but it could be worth a few phone calls to find out...

3 minutes ago, paulslund said:

You also try calling the Butler Lake Truck Stop..it's north of KL on the 11 right across from the A trail...  I'm not sure they are still in business though as they didn't seem to be a few years ago the last time I was up.. but it could be worth a few phone calls to find out...

Did it ever open again after it burned? Or it did and then closed again. Two years ago, I don't remember it being open?

15 minutes ago, paulslund said:

Pretty certain that it's been a private residence or non restaurant business for a number of years.

2 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

There's a private towing business there currently.  Checked it out yesterday in our drive home..

How was your trip Jeff? Pics?

3 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

It's was fabulous.  Cold, but good...

Did Frank behave?

• 2 weeks later...