Well. I think my year is over before it even started

scottyr

10 hours ago, Spiderman said:

It's January 10th, get what you want - don't take something lesser just to "ride" - you'll never be happy 

I agree.

18 hours ago, scottyr said:

Heading to a clients today and drove past the gated storage compound in Stratford that I keep my sled and Triton TC167 and I dont see my trailer in the yard.   I spin around and go into the compound to find that my 21 Renegade and 21 TC167 have been stolen sometime in the last week.   

I dont know whether to throw up or cry right now.   Chances of replacing either at this point of the year are slim to nil.    I know this is a knee jerk reaction, but at this point, I am almost ready to say f-ck it and be done with sledding altogether.   

I wonder if it was an inside job. That be pretty risky going in there with all surveillance they have. That be last place I would want to go if I was a thief, unless someone from inside helped them pull it off, for cash payment 🤣
Sorry for your loss and hopefully trailer at least turns up some where in Ontario. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Strong Farmer said:

I wonder if it was an inside job. That be pretty risky going in there with all surveillance they have. That be last place I would want to go if I was a thief, unless someone from inside helped them pull it off, for cash payment 🤣
Sorry for your loss and hopefully trailer at least turns up some where in Ontario. 

Thieves do not and are not concerned about surveillance 99% of the time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderman said:

Thieves do not and are not concerned about surveillance 99% of the time. 

so true    how many times have we seen on the surveillance tape  the stolen truck smash the gates open and haul stuff away  

1 hour ago, MXZMike said:

Have you had them pull surveillance? 

Mike

The problem is that the storage company only keeps video for 72 hours and it appears that the sled was stolen a week ago.    It is now coming out that the storage company had a break in last Wed and someone may have got access to the electrical panel which controls the electromagnets on the gates.   In my opinion, the storage company should have informed everyone to check to see if their stuff was still in the yard, but they did not.   

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

The problem is that the storage company only keeps video for 72 hours and it appears that the sled was stolen a week ago.    It is now coming out that the storage company had a break in last Wed and someone may have got access to the electrical panel which controls the electromagnets on the gates.   In my opinion, the storage company should have informed everyone to check to see if their stuff was still in the yard, but they did not.   

Wow, what a SH!T operation! They are in part to blame then.  i'm beginning to wonder if any of these things are truly safe any more..

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:58 AM, scottyr said:

That makes it a double bummer Scott. Sorry to hear. I am a glass half full kind of guy, and I am thinking, and hoping that you will come out okay - especially from your dealer. You didn't miss much this week. Too cold for take out food on the corridor.😉 Borrow a couple of sleds and a trailer from Woodzi. He isn't using them.

Super crappy to hear Scott, hopefully a solution presents it's self to keep you in the game this season. So many scumbags out there 

• Like 1

sorry to hear this. Everyone that uses these storage places needs to know they aren't really that secure. I know of 2 others that have lost their complete race operation from secure storage, and non of these seem to have footage.

On 1/10/2022 at 7:09 PM, RAMSOMAIR said:

If my MachZ would ever come in, I’d let you have it. 

Nephews MachZ came in yesterday.

• Like 1

I was at St Onge in Barrie last Thursday or Friday, they have a Triton sitting out front on display. May be worth it to give them a call and see if its claimed? 

I took a pic to show you. I don't know much about the trailers to know if its what you'd want. 

IMG_7281.thumb.jpeg.fd8faf928beeeb07f0da84b3fb389632.jpeg

• Like 2

I got the call from my dealer that the 22 MXZ600XRS that I ordered for my dad is built and waiting to be shipped from Valcourt so that is kind of good news?    My sled insurer (Desjardins) said they hope to have a settlement figure to me by Friday for the sled.   The trailer insurer said it will be end of next week before anything happens on their end.   

• Like 5

Hard to believe that they are actually settling this that quickly.

Usually it seems that they allow a bit of time to see if it pops up first?

Unless they just know from experience that if these doo pop up, it will be a year from now or more on average?

11 hours ago, Ox said:

Unless they just know from experience that if these doo pop up, it will be a year from now or more on average?

Pop up they all look alike. Not much good without an ownership though, unless you use them as a storage garage 🤣.  Sleds they use to wait 90 days sometimes, cars were 30. But maybe it is easier to just settle and add it to next guys bill. Nothing worse getting your stuff back in pieces. If it did pop up they just throw it into auction and get good dollar anyways. 

11 hours ago, Ox said:

Used to be 30 days.

I guess times have changed.

I asked the Desjardins adjuster about the 30 day thing and she said they assume its being parted out and will never be seen again.    They just want to settle it and close the file. 

The gal on the phone was very pleasant and spoke English as her 1st language.   That being said, I havent got a final settlement # back from them yet.....

• Like 1

The gal on the phone was very pleasant and spoke English as her 1st language. 

LOL!

On 1/19/2022 at 9:36 AM, scottyr said:

I asked the Desjardins adjuster about the 30 day thing and she said they assume its being parted out and will never be seen again.    They just want to settle it and close the file. 

The gal on the phone was very pleasant and spoke English as her 1st language.   That being said, I havent got a final settlement # back from them yet.....

Hopefully they treat you fairly.

I was dealing with insurance yesterday adding a second sled, and the woman I spoke with was super pleasant to talk to, but there was definitely an issue for me with bad hearing, an accent and she probably has to wear a mask all day. 

I felt bad asking her to repeat some things, hope she didn’t take it personally.

• Like 1

Just got off the phone the adjuster.    Settled with them.   Done - cheque in the mail.   I am quite satisfied with the service and price offered.  

I will continue to deal with Desjardins and will recommend them to friends.   

• Like 14