Food Truck on the Trails

Big H

We were approached about placing our food truck on the trails in SW Ontario on weekends. Does anyone have recommendations of possible locations in Waterloo Region and surrounding area where breakfast, lunch and dinner could be served?

• Like 1

You need to find a spot that gets high sled volume.  I would suggest the vehicle parking lot at Macton (hwy. 86 and Manser Road in Wellesley Township). The parking area is about a 100 feet from the trail. You might want to make a sign up to put at the trail corner pointing sledders to the truck. The other bonus of this location is that you may get some business from the highway corner as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another good spot would be Ok tire in baden, once new Dundee trails are open, at corner of foundary street and Gingerich road. Trails goes right in front of thier parking lot and they would let you use parking lot on weekends,  I am assuming if you asked. It is also located on a high volume vehicle corner and road leads to wilmot recreational facility. If you put some signs at arena end you might get extra traffic as well. Always lots of trucks and trailers parked on ginerich road 15 plus usually, since it’s a wide shoulder road. Also lots of truckers going by with erb transport depot too and baden coffee next door draws lots of traffic on a Saturday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:13 AM, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

You need to find a spot that gets high sled volume.  I would suggest the vehicle parking lot at Macton (hwy. 86 and Manser Road in Wellesley Township). The parking area is about a 100 feet from the trail. You might want to make a sign up to put at the trail corner pointing sledders to the truck. The other bonus of this location is that you may get some business from the highway corner as well.

My first thought as well. Would be helpful to stick a couple of signs near the T intersections on the trail on either side of the highway as well.

It would be interesting to see how this works out. Most of us probably leave home with idea of where we plan to eat during a ride as they choices are getting more limited.

• Thanks 1