So disappointed in BRP / Ski-doo

Domino

I have been purchasing accessories through the Ski-Doo website.   Works fairly good, but they randomly ship from dealers that are not close by, so returns could be an issue.   Since I'm careful with what I order, I have not had an issue until now....

We now have 2 Gen4 Sleds, Enduro models to be specific.  

I ordered Rail mount Ice Scratchers directly from Ski-Doo.  As per their website description, Model 860201728 fits GEN4 sleds.  Simple enough.

I ordered 2 sets.   When I went to install them, there are wheels in the way of the mounting point on the rails.   The Enduro has 3 wheels at the forward of the skid on the outside of the rail making it impossible to install rail mounted scratchers.   After much research and frustration, I gave up my dream of having rail mounted scratchers and ordered Tunnel mounted scratchers.   This was also not an easy selection as there is multiple versions, but I figured it out and managed to get the correct model (860202266)   

Now to return the incorrect accessories.   Easy, call BRP, ummm no.   Call some third party company that makes sure that nobody can get to a BRP person directly.   They seem nice enough.   They understand that its not my fault that I ended up with an accessory that does not fit as the website is incorrect, confusing at best, but if it states GEN4 without stating EXCEPT Enduro etc, what is the consumer to believe.  They state that if I send them evidence of the website showing GEN4 and my skid where it would be installed, they will go to BRP and request a prepaid return shipping label.

I did this.  This is the response I received:

I have a response from the Fulfiller, and I'm afraid they won't provide you Prepaid shipping, they established that the scratcher kit fits fine, for the fitting you either need to remove the wheels or relocate them inside of the rail, I'm sorry for this outcome sir, I can still open the return for you but it won't include the Prepaid shipping, please reply to the email.

Sincerely,
Miguel
BRP  Bombardier Recreational Products Order Support
ref:_00D36toJf._5001R1ESI4W:ref

I responded:

Miguel,

The response from BRP/Ski-doo is unacceptable.

Please have them highlight in the attached instructions where it states that either removing the wheels or relocating them is an option.  

These are their own instructions for this product and I find no indication that removal or relocation of the factory installed wheels is a requirement nor option.

This morning I get this response that just serves to infuriate me even more:

I got a response from the Fulfiller establishing that BRP doesn't provide instructions under that process, they established that you can return the items, but you will be refunded without the Prepaid shipping label, please reply to the email with your questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Miguel
ref:_00D36toJf._5001R1ESI4W:re
f

Partially giving up and knowing the answer I'll likely get I asked about returning in person to my closest dealer to where they shipped:

I am disappointed that they do not understand Customer Service at all.

Can I return this in-person to my nearest Ski-doo dealer?   I was not the one that chose where they were shipped from.

My nearest dealer is Northland Recreation in Gravenhurst/Kilworthy.

This is the response:

I'm really sorry, for the return to be processed so you can be refunded, you need to send the package with the dealer that sent you the item, I'm so sorry for this outcome, as I said I can place the return for you I just need your permission to place it and I would email you with the return instructions.

Sincerely,
Miguel

Hats off to Miguel, he is doing what he can, but hands are tied as a third party.   The shipping dealer was quick and had no involvement in the selection, so nothing on them.   This is 100% BRP poor Customer Service and misleading website.  

Am I a grumpy old man or does this seem like the big arrogant BRP being jerks as usual?

Once again, F&*k you BRP / Ski-doo / Sea-doo.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I ordered some parts a few weeks ago and got an email from Energy Powersports saying that picked up the order but everything was on BO.    The gal from Energy was very polite and nice when she offered to just cancel the order.    Problem is that BRP has charged me for the order and still hasnt credited me back after a week.   

2 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I ordered some parts a few weeks ago and got an email from Energy Powersports saying that picked up the order but everything was on BO.    The gal from Energy was very polite and nice when she offered to just cancel the order.    Problem is that BRP has charged me for the order and still hasnt credited me back after a week.   

Energy has fulfilled several of my orders.   They use a slow shipping service, but all in all they were good.

24 minutes ago, Domino said:

I have been purchasing accessories through the Ski-Doo website.   Works fairly good, but they randomly ship from dealers that are not close by, so returns could be an issue.   Since I'm careful with what I order, I have not had an issue until now....

We now have 2 Gen4 Sleds, Enduro models to be specific.  

I ordered Rail mount Ice Scratchers directly from Ski-Doo.  As per their website description, Model 860201728 fits GEN4 sleds.  Simple enough.

I ordered 2 sets.   When I went to install them, there are wheels in the way of the mounting point on the rails.   The Enduro has 3 wheels at the forward of the skid on the outside of the rail making it impossible to install rail mounted scratchers.   After much research and frustration, I gave up my dream of having rail mounted scratchers and ordered Tunnel mounted scratchers.   This was also not an easy selection as there is multiple versions, but I figured it out and managed to get the correct model (860202266)   

Now to return the incorrect accessories.   Easy, call BRP, ummm no.   Call some third party company that makes sure that nobody can get to a BRP person directly.   They seem nice enough.   They understand that its not my fault that I ended up with an accessory that does not fit as the website is incorrect, confusing at best, but if it states GEN4 without stating EXCEPT Enduro etc, what is the consumer to believe.  They state that if I send them evidence of the website showing GEN4 and my skid where it would be installed, they will go to BRP and request a prepaid return shipping label.

I did this.  This is the response I received:

I responded:

This morning I get this response that just serves to infuriate me even more:

Partially giving up and knowing the answer I'll likely get I asked about returning in person to my closest dealer to where they shipped:

This is the response:

Hats off to Miguel, he is doing what he can, but hands are tied as a third party.   The shipping dealer was quick and had no involvement in the selection, so nothing on them.   This is 100% BRP poor Customer Service and misleading website.  

Am I a grumpy old man or does this seem like the big arrogant BRP being jerks as usual?

Once again, F&*k you BRP / Ski-doo / Sea-doo.

Touche'

That's the danger in ordering from BRP ONLINE,  and the fact they use 3rd parties.  Not good. My dealer warned me about that, especially if the order comes from a out of province dealer. I've had success with my dealer tracking down stuff at other dealers, then I'd just go do the leg work. I.E, driving and picking the accessories up myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, Turbo Doo said:

That's the danger in ordering from BRP ONLINE,  and the fact they use 3rd parties.  

Agreed.  It was a good way to find inventory during this time.   It was working out well.   Dealer all did well.  BRP just can't bring themselves to provide Customer Service to anyone outside of Quebec.  

4 minutes ago, Domino said:

Agreed.  It was a good way to find inventory during this time.   It was working out well.   Dealer all did well.  BRP just can't bring themselves to provide Customer Service to anyone outside of Quebec.  

To your last sentence,  agreed 👍 

Not picking up the return shipping in this case is unconscionable IMHO. 

Customer service has taken a gigantic dump in the face of, or as a result of, or just using it as an excuse. 

(NOT going to say the C word.)

If this debacle weeds out some of the companies that won't step up, so be it. 

Others will take up the slack. 

I have encountered INCREDIBLE service lately. Some are using current conditions as a reason to shine.

And some companies that I will never deal with again under ANY circumstances. 

• Like 1

Just now, manotickmike said:

Not picking up the return shipping in this case is unconscionable IMHO. 

Customer service has taken a gigantic dump in the face of, or as a result of, or just using it as an excuse. 

(NOT going to say the C word.)

If this debacle weeds out some of the companies that won't step up, so be it. 

Others will take up the slack. 

I have encountered INCREDIBLE service lately. Some are using current conditions as a reason to shine.

And some companies that I will never deal with again under ANY circumstances

My feelings about royal.

Sucks that they are treating you like this and their ecommerce site is not looking after customers the way they should be. I guess to avoid paying the return shipping charges you could post them online and see if someone else wants to buy them. Is there not an option to buy said scratchers from Amazon? just putting out ideas?

BTW, Domino, you have every reason to be PO'd. We have to stop rewarding arrogance.

• Like 1

Can't agree more !! I never trust a web site especially the BRP site which has misleading information as to what a part fits. It's worth the while to buy from a dealer if possible.

I just purchased a few items from peakboys in QC - worked out well, zero issues. 
Easy peasy - but of course the true test is went something doesn’t go well and how the company handles it. 

Couldn’t agree more about Amazon - they have set the bar pretty high.