Skidoo MY2023

Turbo Doo

Looks like Doo is slowly making its way towards the usual February release announcements. Any thoughts as to what will be coming for MY2023?? Some recent things Doo has posted..

I know that sled deliveries are late, among other issues right now. This is just something I thought about posting and seeing what's on everyone's mind for improvements etc..Speculation etc..

https://fb.watch/aky5uigGzi/

Screenshot_20220105-105357_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Turbo Doo changed the title to Skidoo MY2023

I would think from BRP side you will see a Lynx 900 R, that would be interesting.

I am curious as to who will be the first with a 2 stroke trail turbo to the market.

Snowcheck 2023 will be interesting for sure, my thoughts are a very limited ordering allotments for dealers.

I'm thinking definite price increases.  I know for a fact that there will be more quantity control over spring order sled totals, maybe new gauges, headlights,  potentially new G5 Chassis, Turbo 850 2S trail sled,  smart shocks on more models, 900 Turbo R Lynx, more of everything.  From a Doo territory sales manager,  no chance of another Mach Z unfortunately FOR MY2023..Definitely things to look forward too, as well as the usual competition between the top 2 manufacturers,  Doo and Poo...Definitely expect the unexpected,  potentially more power for the 900 Turbo R's,  who knows maybe more Mach sales and more..

I dont think you will see massive price increases, but you will see these logistics charges on everything.   Dealer cost will increase more than MSRP tightening margins forcing dealers to sell for MSRP + freight/PDI.    A Seadoo has an $810 logistics charge on them today .   A CanAm SXS is around the same as well.    

Warranty will drop to 2 years from 3 years.  

Dealers will stick to their allotments and not oversell like they did last year.     

Spring Break will be Mar 1 - Mar 30 but most dealers will be sold out before the end of the program.   

1 minute ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

bahahahaha good one TD! If they release the 23's before many have their 22s in their stable would be a blatant slap in the face.

Get ready for that to happen. We are waiting for 1 900 Turbo R to arrive still.. Silly me, I'm already think about ordering '23's...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Get ready for that to happen. We are waiting for 1 900 Turbo R to arrive still.. Silly me, I'm already think about ordering '23's...

Nice to see there is something wrong with you as well as me!!  First run on the sled reminds me how much I

love the sport and looking forward, where as a month ago I'm thinking 'why am I wasting all this money!'

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Nice to see there is something wrong with you as well as me!!  First run on the sled reminds me how much I

love the sport and looking forward, where as a month ago I'm thinking 'why am I wasting all this money!'

Yup.  Same happens here. Just ask @Mrs Turbo Doo.. First run next week...

• Like 2

Sorry, I misread the original "question"

Thoughts - reality is - more "tech" and higher prices.

I know I am in the minority here, but I would prefer to see more stripped down back to basics sleds at more reasonable pricing.

I personally don't care to have "tech" gadgets on my sled.

I want it to ride well, run when it needs to run, and have heated grips.

That's it for me

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

I know I am in the minority here, but I would prefer to see more stripped down back to basics sleds at more reasonable pricing.

That's it for me

Isn't that the MXZ Sport (600EFI) at $10K? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

That's it for me

There could be more selection in that department,  agreed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

Isn't that the MXZ Sport (600EFI) at $10K? 

sure, so 1 sled in an entire line-up.

What I'm saying is, I would like to see manu's go back to more basic starting line-up sleds.

I would rather an "option" to add on all the standard things now - that are costly - that I do not want and/or have any use for.

I still ride an 800 2 stroke w/o electric start... :)

Has hand warmers and has been reliable - good enough for me

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

What I'm saying is, I would like to see manu's go back to more basic starting line-up sleds.

I would rather an "option" to add on all the standard things now - that are costly - that I do not want and/or have any use for.

Ski Doo has a basic model in most of their line-up, equipped with that new 600EFI 85hp 2 stroke, Renegade, BackCountry etc.

son bought a Tundra Sport, nice sled.

I've been looking at Polaris 550 fan cooled line-up for a utility sled, start under 10k, guess that's the new base line.

I think if the AC Blast was priced there it would sell a lot more

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spiderman said:

You and I my friend are in the same boat!…… albeit I’m getting tired of pulling over the ol 8 hundo!