Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

25 minutes ago, stoney said:

No, curfew affects all people within the province - you can be out as long as you have your papers to support your reasoning for being out i.e. work.

Causing me some grief on work right now I am getting done - people even in the province, do not understand this.

Could imagine a time when Police would be out on a trail doing check points to make sure you are not out past curfew.......

Jesus what has happened to society... :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Could imagine a time when Police would be out on a trail doing check points to make sure you are not out past curfew.......

Jesus what has happened to society... :)

"Show me your papers" - we just went back in time many, many years......very sad state we are in for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stoney said:

No, curfew affects all people within the province - you can be out as long as you have your papers to support your reasoning for being out i.e. work.

Causing me some grief on work right now I am getting done - people even in the province, do not understand this.

I should have been clearer. I was thinking from an out of province  sledder visiting Quebec point of view. 

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I should have been clearer. I was thinking from an out of province  sledder visiting Quebec point of view. 

Personally do not know the official answer, but I would imagine as an out of province person, the police may give you some slack on this, but let you know while in the province, you are to follow all rules & regulations while visiting....do it a again and ticket will be in hand.

4 hours ago, stoney said:

"Show me your papers" - we just went back in time many, many years......very sad state we are in for sure.

And it's happening on our watch.

Because we let it.

So today New Brunswick has announced a lockdown for 16 days until Jan. 30. So basically similar rules to Quebec and Ontario.

Before this announcement their restaurants were still open for dine in so made it more attractive than going to Quebec. 
Have to wait and see what develops come February. 

Just booked ,5 nights PQ 1 night N.B  All said the same restaurant closed ,kitchen is open . I won't miss the table clothes and tall stemmed glasses . Nothing ventured nothing gained .

• Like 5

9 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Am I correct in thinking that the curfew for the most part only affects visiting riders who want to take part in off sled adventures?

Wasn't PLC offering a little pun here? I remember when sledding in PQ was all about 'taking part in off sled adventures'. Pictures were not to be sent back home. Everyone seems a little up tight here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tricky said:

Wasn't PLC offering a little pun here? I remember when sledding in PQ was all about 'taking part in off sled adventures'. Pictures were not to be sent back home. Everyone seems a little up tight here. 

Age or selective memory possibly.

• Like 1

I won't miss the table dancers  or the plywood booth in the dark back corner either .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coldfinger said:

I won't miss the table dancers  or the plywood booth in the dark back corner either .

Yup! A bygone era. Good riddance.

• Like 1

Lucky me😄, finally picked up my new trailer, ordered in June.

Now will do rustproofing, install front, rear superclamps and ready to enjoy my season.🤩

20220118_162853.jpg

• Like 7

Six more days before we head to QC…..can’t wait. 
Glad to have some miles on new iron to get some things dialed in. 
Need to adjust track tension by the looks of it, grease trailer, install my muffs (I realized I really missed wearing thin gloves the last few seasons vs my heavier klim gloves that I used lately), pack and should be good. 

One of the trails we had planned to take on our last day is show closed, I was hoping it’d be open by now. 

Have not seen a ton of trip updates from others yet, so figured I’d get this TTT. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Six more days before we head to QC…..can’t wait. 
Glad to have some miles on new iron to get some things dialed in. 
Need to adjust track tension by the looks of it, grease trailer, install my muffs (I realized I really missed wearing thin gloves the last few seasons vs my heavier klim gloves that I used lately), pack and should be good. 

One of the trails we had planned to take on our last day is show closed, I was hoping it’d be open by now. 

Have not seen a ton of trip updates from others yet, so figured I’d get this TTT. 

Wishing you guys a good time.  👍.  We have some plans in place, among waiting for @Mrs Turbo Doo new '22 to arrive.  My patience is wearing very very thin here...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Wishing you guys a good time.  👍.  We have some plans in place, among waiting for @Mrs Turbo Doo new '22 to arrive.  My patience is wearing very very thin here...

Thank you.
I realize lack of sleds are one of the reasons for lack of updates, sadly….hope you get some positive news soon. 

• Like 1

355? Usually a very busy trail. Apparently not enough snow yet. Only between 30-40 cm according to Windy.com

3 hours ago, stoney said:

355? Usually a very busy trail. Apparently not enough snow yet. Only between 30-40 cm according to Windy.com It will likely be OK by the time you are coming back.

Have a great trip and enjoy Quebec.

18 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

355? Usually a very busy trail. Apparently not enough snow yet. Only between 30-40 cm according to Windy.com It will likely be OK by the time you are coming back.

Have a great trip and enjoy Quebec.

Yep, that is the one......73/83 up and 355 return.

Hopefully it changes by Thursday....if not, we just go back the same way we came.

QC is down on snow, especially some parts more than others.

And thank you!

On 1/3/2022 at 5:45 PM, Gadgetman said:

Our saddle bag trip is planned for last week of Feb. (Moved from a QC trip.)

I really hope my buddy stays with buying the Mach instead of that 2S Polaris, otherwise I think he will be sweating the 165KM leg from Hearst to Hornpayne. With the move from first week of Feb, no rooms in Duberville, so a long day all the way to Wawa from Hearst for us old sh_ts..)

(You newer Polaris 850 guys, what range are you getting, after the break-in?)

2022 Route Short.jpg

Hey just thought I would let you know yesterday I travelled 77miles on my 2020 850 switchback XCR and I used just under 20 litres of gas.   A 20l can had a little left over.   

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, stoney said:

Yep, that is the one......73/83 up and 355 return.

Hopefully it changes by Thursday....if not, we just go back the same way we came.

QC is down on snow, especially some parts more than others.

And thank you!

it is open friday afternoon till sunday afternoon,closed monday to friday for two more weeks for logging operation..so quebec rider says..

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, blackjack1 said:

it is open friday afternoon till sunday afternoon,closed monday to friday for two more weeks for logging operation..so quebec rider says..

Thanks.

I just checked over there and you are correct!

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9018-355-closed/

19 minutes ago, stoney said:

Thanks.

I just checked over there and you are correct!

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9018-355-closed/

Interesting, when you click on the red portion on the Quec trail map it says in French that its closed due to lack of snow coverage.

44 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Interesting, when you click on the red portion on the Quec trail map it says in French that its closed due to lack of snow coverage.

Well, technically that is correct - 6KM of trail plowed down to gravel = lack of snow coverage :)

1 minute ago, stoney said:

Well, technically that is correct - 6KM of trail plowed down to gravel = lack of snow coverage :)

Yes I guess thats right although they would likely provide safer conditions for the weekends if they called a spade a spade and showed it open when it is on the weekend.

Had a awesome day riding around RDL

0305D242-7455-4BB4-8D21-031B84FFD21C.jpeg

1F9E0EF4-8D81-457C-8001-D214476BB25F.jpeg

D39F2AEB-9A1B-4FFA-A335-FF93FCECB174.jpeg

42BE3084-F12F-4391-971B-9723624C136D.jpeg

• Like 11