Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

First day of a new year which reminds me l am not getting any younger. You guys that say ,never been ,on my bucket list , when l retire etc. Maybe should get a move on with your plans . Go for it , what ever it is. Good chance you will say to yourself  fuc why did l wait so long . First and last sermon for 2022. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, 1049 said:

Heading to Gaspe on the 21 of January 

No concerns related to Covid restrictions? I guess if you are normally in bed by 8 PM, the curfew is not a big deal!!

1 hour ago, tricky said:

No concerns related to Covid restrictions? I guess if you are normally in bed by 8 PM, the curfew is not a big deal!!

No I’m not in bed by 8 lol .But you got to do what ever it takes to ride . I’ve told you before kinda hard to ride when we are dead .Besides I like a challenge when a trip goes perfect it’s kinda boring .

• Like 4

6 hours ago, 1049 said:

No I’m not in bed by 8 lol .But you got to do what ever it takes to ride . I’ve told you before kinda hard to ride when we are dead .Besides I like a challenge when a trip goes perfect it’s kinda boring .

Did you ever get the opportunity to ride with Sledjunk? It was never boring 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Re:Leaf said:

Did you ever get the opportunity to ride with Sledjunk? It was never boring 😂

Unfortunately I never had a chance to meet him

8 hours ago, 1049 said:

I agree that your not in bed by 8..😆.. seen that first hand last season in Hearst....

• Haha 1

We leave January 6 for Auberge le Cabanon in St. Zenon for a couple days of riding, returning on the 9th.

• Like 1

buy your beer/alcohol early, party in someone's room. modern problems, require modern solutions. Ski  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

Just an FYI the current Quebec curfew is 10pm.  

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

buy your beer/alcohol early, party in someone's room. modern problems, require modern solutions. Ski  

That is correct, 10PM - but that does not mean you need to be asleep.

You can even walk your dog.....or work, as long as you have a piece of paper that states you are working......:coffeenose:

Been dealing with getting work done in QC for the last year, during the curfew - no issues at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zoso said:

Cans got those trails closed about ten years ago.

Guessing before QC really tightened up the exhaust restrictions........but I am thinking the demographic that own property around the resort were also happy to see the trails gone regardless of loud exhaust.

16 hours ago, WinderFab said:

I’m really missing riding central Quebec area.. Been riding all over Ontario and Quebec, around Gaspe once but personally the area around Mount Tremblant is my favourite.

i love all the covered bridges in that area!

• Like 1

I love riding in Quebec but I think I may stay in Ontario this year unless they drop the current restrictions.   I am not really into eating a gas station sandwich in a parking lot at -20c for most of my meals.    Part of the Quebec experience is trying some of the awesome restaurants that are on the trails.   

If things loosen up, I would like to head back to Gaspe for a 4-5 day run in March.   

37 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I love riding in Quebec but I think I may stay in Ontario this year unless they drop the current restrictions.   I am not really into eating a gas station sandwich in a parking lot at -20c for most of my meals.    Part of the Quebec experience is trying some of the awesome restaurants that are on the trails.   

If things loosen up, I would like to head back to Gaspe for a 4-5 day run in March.   

Anyone know if the warm up shacks in QC were “closed” last year?

2 hours ago, scottyr said:

Even in QC, sometimes the only food available is inside the gas station, using cases of beer as a table. :-)

20190225_132448.thumb.jpg.1b1e353ad37dfbd06772d0124fcbb299.jpg

IMG-20190225-WA0001.jpg

• Like 3

Hate to be a Debbie downer but just heard on the news that the government is in a special meeting as i type on new restrictions that may be coming. One that the news person said is the closure of indoor eating. Don't shoot the messenger.Sorry guys.. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, snowchopper said:

Hate to be a Debbie downer but just heard on the news that the government is in a special meeting as i type on new restrictions that may be coming. One that the news person said is the closure of indoor eating. Don't shoot the messenger.Sorry guys.. 

That's about right.  Just in time as we head north. :icon_gunhead:

1 hour ago, snowchopper said:

but, but, but…. the “vacinne” was the way to normalcy….:icon_gunhead:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only a sensible person wouldn’t get the jab….right. 

Honestly though, other than clients wanting to go out, dining out is no longer something we do. We used too each Friday dine out as a family, haven’t in a long time due to the sillinesses. 
Last year riding just meant more seat time vs waiting in restaurant, not so bad….sure saddle bag trip would be different of course. 

• Like 2

100 percent local riding last year.

Planinng trips soon. Hoping small businesses will be allowed to stay open.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stoney said:

Only a sensible person wouldn’t get the jab….right. 

Honestly though, other than clients wanting to go out, dining out is no longer something we do. We used too each Friday dine out as a family, haven’t in a long time due to the sillinesses. 
Last year riding just meant more seat time vs waiting in restaurant, not so bad….sure saddle bag trip would be different of course. 

I hope we don't go down the same silly path as last season.  🙃 

• Like 2