Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

47 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

We are leaving Sunday till Thursday for Smooth Rock at a 4 season cottage taking burgers, steaks, eggs and bacon. pack a trail lunch or take-out lunch and good to go. Can't wait! Intend to eat up all the snow we can.

We are headed up Next Wednesday to the NCDN...

• Like 9

Do you think that there is going to be enough 'Delivery/Pick-up' food available in the next couple of weeks, in the Kirkland Lake to Hearst area to support saddlebag trips?? I like sledding a lot, but I like eating hot restaurant meals almost as much. If you are up there now or are there in the next few days, please share your food availability reports. Big thanks in advance.

Disregard. TD created a new thread to address this issue as I slowly typed the question. Thanks TD.

Edited by tricky
Post is now redundant.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, tricky said:

Do you think that there is going to be enough 'Delivery/Pick-up' food available in the next couple of weeks, in the Kirkland Lake to Hearst area to support saddlebag trips?? I like sledding a lot, but I like eating hot restaurant meals almost as much. If you are up there now or are there in the next few days, please share your food availability reports. Big thanks in advance.

Disregard. TD created a new thread to address this issue as I slowly typed the question. Thanks TD.

We will know next week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2022 at 7:51 PM, tricky said:

Carry some MREs. :-) Just need some water for the heater. They will be this years back-up lunch, if all else falls through.

Looks like there are plenty of take-out options available. So I just booked our first trip - just two doo guys on 'girls' sleds. Will I cross paths with any of you??? Staying in Iroquois Falls Monday night. Hearst(Companion) Tuesday night. Kap(Advantage) Wednesday night and back to I-F for Thursday night. My itch is about to be scratched! 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, tricky said:

Looks like there are plenty of take-out options available. So I just booked our first trip - just two doo guys on 'girls' sleds. Will I cross paths with any of you??? Staying in Iroquois Falls Monday night. Hearst(Companion) Tuesday night. Kap(Advantage) Wednesday night and back to I-F for Thursday night. My itch is about to be scratched! 

Keep your eyes 👀 peeled Thursday riding...B)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Keep your eyes 👀 peeled Thursday riding...B)

Will doo!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tricky said:

We are staying monday to thursday in smooth rock and doing loops from there. Polaris. Viper and a Doo, 2nd Polaris had to drop out. I will be riding my Polaris with a Yamaha Klim suit, as new suit  and helmet on production delay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yamatario said:

We are staying monday to thursday in smooth rock and doing loops from there. Polaris. Viper and a Doo, 2nd Polaris had to drop out. I will be riding my Polaris with a Yamaha Klim suit, as new suit  and helmet on production delay.

Will look for you. We are fairly easy to spot. Only two of us on 900 ace n/a sleds - one black (in the pic), and the other an old red GSX. And we're old! Black Klim, and my yellow/black FXR. 

• Like 1

Attention all NORTHBOUND highway 11 travellers , check Ontario 511. I am traveling southbound from thunder Bay. Highway 11 is closed from the Hwy 101 Timmins  turn off to Cochrane and also Cochran to Driftwood. You cannot get to the Timmins turn off, the line is a couple miles south of that, You’ll have to turn West in  Matheson and get over to Timmins  and go up to Driftwood. All roads are snow-covered but OK. It is just a couple tractor trailer head-on collisions , that’s all.
Clint

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Attention all NORTHBOUND highway 11 travellers , check Ontario 511. I am traveling southbound from thunder Bay. Highway 11 is closed from the Hwy 101 Timmins  turn off to Cochrane and also Cochran to Driftwood. You cannot get to the Timmins turn off, the line is a couple miles south of that, You’ll have to turn West in  Matheson and get over to Timmins  and go up to Driftwood. All roads are snow-covered but OK. It is just a couple tractor trailer head-on collisions , that’s all.
Clint

Thanks for the updates Clint. We cannot wait to go Wednesday am...

On 1/4/2022 at 8:10 PM, Yamatario said:

We are leaving Sunday till Thursday for Smooth Rock at a 4 season cottage taking burgers, steaks, eggs and bacon. pack a trail lunch or take-out lunch and good to go. Can't wait! Intend to eat up all the snow we can.

Yamatario , hope you were able to steer clear of this ! Enjoy the trails 

Turbo , 

6 inches of fresh snow from Longlac all the way over to Driftwood, but it was super windy and so the drifts will be hard packed so I’m hoping the groomer gets out and level them out for you especially on the L123

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Turbo , 

6 inches of fresh snow from Longlac all the way over to Driftwood, but it was super windy and so the drifts will be hard packed so I’m hoping the groomer gets out and level them out for you especially on the L123

:icon_steer:

2 hours ago, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Clint

I hope those drivers are okay.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 4:27 PM, Boy Oh Buoy said:

Yamatario , hope you were able to steer clear of this ! Enjoy the trails 

We made here this morning, with alot of black ice. No one in the ditch but wow was it tricky driving. 

after a dead battery on sled we got out and going for  a run to cochrane and back. boy was it frigid. lots of snow and excellent trail conditions. tomorrow Kap and back with lots of side loops.

will post some pictures tomorrow.

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Yamatario said:

We made here this morning, with alot of black ice. No one in the ditch but wow was it tricky driving. 

after a dead battery on sled we got out and going for  a run to cochrane and back. boy was it frigid. lots of snow and excellent trail conditions. tomorrow Kap and back with lots of side loops.

will post some pictures tomorrow.

Ran to Kap and back today, after changing out a dead battery, started cold but got better. Tomorrow we are back to via different loops to have lunch on O'Brian patio.IMG_20220111_173240.thumb.jpg.5246a499dcafe79c88bf3085889c69e4.jpgPXL_20220111_173755373.thumb.jpg.b372c6aa7c8b33775461e7c29c758ab9.jpgPXL_20220110_205223006.thumb.jpg.35b77bf2b7265c0da9a6e039422ae70b.jpgPXL_20220111_152443355.thumb.jpg.87f5a779554f662c602961a765bd0b13.jpgPXL_20220110_150532110.thumb.jpg.2c2d25385f76827a79a9918a9bec49d1.jpg

• Like 13

33 minutes ago, Yamatario said:

Ran to Kap and back today, after changing out a dead battery, started cold but got better. Tomorrow we are back to via different loops to have lunch on O'Brian patio.IMG_20220111_173240.thumb.jpg.5246a499dcafe79c88bf3085889c69e4.jpgPXL_20220111_173755373.thumb.jpg.b372c6aa7c8b33775461e7c29c758ab9.jpgPXL_20220110_205223006.thumb.jpg.35b77bf2b7265c0da9a6e039422ae70b.jpgPXL_20220111_152443355.thumb.jpg.87f5a779554f662c602961a765bd0b13.jpgPXL_20220110_150532110.thumb.jpg.2c2d25385f76827a79a9918a9bec49d1.jpg

Excellent,  we are headed north tomorrow bright and early..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

FYI....QC is expected to remove curfew this Monday.

Am I correct in thinking that the curfew for the most part only affects visiting riders who want to take part in off sled adventures?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Am I correct in thinking that the curfew for the most part only affects visiting riders who want to take part in off sled adventures?

No, curfew affects all people within the province - you can be out as long as you have your papers to support your reasoning for being out i.e. work.

Causing me some grief on work right now I am getting done - people even in the province, do not understand this.