Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

On a trip to D'ville to visit Luc we did a 6pm run down the Magpie to Wawa... One of the locals in our group sped ahead so he could take a quick piss.. He hit one of those mushrooms that come up through the ice and it launched him into the air big time (he was going full out). When he hit the ice again he was standing up on the sled when it hit the ice. He broke his femur badly.. Big Reg and I road 25 km down the Magpie to meet Wawa Search &Rescue and the ambulance. We took them back to the accident scene and they drove him to Wawa then air lifted him to the Soo.. What a nightmare of an evening...   Be very careful on the Magpie especially at high speeds...

• Like 2

My 1995 Wildcat 700 EFI did that trip no problem.  There is something wrong if a new sled can't do it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gadgetman said:

Our saddle bag trip is planned for last week of Feb. (Moved from a QC trip.)

I really hope my buddy stays with buying the Mach instead of that 2S Polaris, otherwise I think he will be sweating the 165KM leg from Hearst to Hornpayne. With the move from first week of Feb, no rooms in Duberville, so a long day all the way to Wawa from Hearst for us old sh_ts..)

(You newer Polaris 850 guys, what range are you getting, after the break-in?)

2022 Route Short.jpg

Your bud willbe fine on his 850.  I've got 130 to140 miles out of mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LuvMyViper said:

On a trip to D'ville to visit Luc we did a 6pm run down the Magpie to Wawa... One of the locals in our group sped ahead so he could take a quick piss.. He hit one of those mushrooms that come up through the ice and it launched him into the air big time (he was going full out). When he hit the ice again he was standing up on the sled when it hit the ice. He broke his femur badly.. Big Reg and I road 25 km down the Magpie to meet Wawa Search &Rescue and the ambulance. We took them back to the accident scene and they drove him to Wawa then air lifted him to the Soo.. What a nightmare of an evening...   Be very careful on the Magpie especially at high speeds...

I would never drive more than 50KM\Hr on that river at night, and only if I had too. I remember seeing an ice ridge on the shore that was about 3ft above where we were riding, telling me that the ice must have dropped that much at some point. Some of those stakes were very far apart (not a knock on the club), just saying if you are a tourist, that river can be a bad story, like this one, very easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

165km on a 850 should be no problem.  That’s only 103miles.   11.2 gallon tank.  That would be 9 mpg.  

The Poo 850’s I rode with last year were as good or better economy then my 800 Poo and I think 200km range would be easy based on when we filled up when in Kap.  

I actually think we calculated a range of 268km but am not 100% sure.  

My dads 2020 Indy 850 used within a litre of fuel that my 850 E-tec used and it holds 7 litres more fuel.    200kms no problem with an 850 Poo in normal conditions.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

So with the rules right now in Quebec and Ontario,  is there anyone heading out for a trip in a week or so?.

Was planning Timmins (Cedar Meadows) Jan 17th , but conditions and rules are making me think otherwise, I will give it another 10 days then make the decision. This is now the 3rd snowmobile trip I may have to cancel due to Covid in addition to 3 other trips to canceled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

So with the rules right now in Quebec and Ontario,  is there anyone heading out for a trip in a week or so?.

I’m not planning any rides till our Quebec trip the 21 .  Hopefully by the time I get back Northern Ontario will be opened up more so I can make it to Dubreuilville ether from the north or south . It’s been almost two years since I’ve seen most of my friends there .

• Like 3

Heading North this weekend.   Kap & Hearst.  Can’t wait to put some miles on the new sled!  😁

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Evil said:

Heading North this weekend.   Kap & Hearst.  Can’t wait to put some miles on the new sled!  😁

Leave some snow for us eh.:poke2: :icon_steer:.  Looing forward to seeing you fellow 900 Turbo R riders soon. I guess no Friday night dancing yet again..😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Leave some snow for us eh.:poke2: :icon_steer:.  Looing forward to seeing you fellow 900 Turbo R riders soon. I guess no Friday night dancing yet again..😉

We will see you the following weekend!  Supposed to get snow this week so I’ll do my best to leave some. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

R U & Frank cancelling next week Jeff?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Evil said:

Enjoy, going to miss you by a few days. heading back to the states prior to the weekend. need to check on our barn construction progress. that, and AMA Supercross is on TV Saturday night. :D need to get my 2 wheel racing fix. Ski

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not sure how the new rules affect your trips - other than in Quebec - you better be off the trails by 10....,lol,  and in Ontario - you can only ride then sit in your room all night.

Such BS - but good for you guys going through with it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Not sure how the new rules affect your trips - other than in Quebec - you better be off the trails by 10....,lol,  and in Ontario - you can only ride then sit in your room all night.

Such BS - but good for you guys going through with it.

Just eat a good breakfast and supper,  and ride. Take out. It is what it is. Clocks ticking on the season....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just eat a good breakfast and supper,  and ride. Take out. It is what it is. Clocks ticking on the season....

Sure is.

Now that hockey is shut down - might have time for riding this winter.

Just need some snow!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Just what we needed. Woot woot..:icon_steer:

Screenshot_20220104-160454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Calling for 10 to 15 here in sudbury

• Like 3

On 1/2/2022 at 6:54 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Keep getting vaccinated everyone. 3rd Doses everyone.  Then the 4th, 5th, 6th and into infinity and beyond...

LMFAO.. 

• Haha 2

We are leaving Sunday till Thursday for Smooth Rock at a 4 season cottage taking burgers, steaks, eggs and bacon. pack a trail lunch or take-out lunch and good to go. Can't wait! Intend to eat up all the snow we can.

• Like 9