Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Listened to that the other day. 
I have younger kids and this course we’ve been on is so sad, stupid, disastrous, damaging….my kids aren’t doing too bad but many are and the one thing I never thought about until recently was the secondary kids that will not be getting their diploma as a result of this.

I know the ones that are not overly motivated when it comes to education, but talk about stepping back what 30 years…. just absolutely stupid. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:25 PM, coldfinger said:

Going to run Abitibi  mid January .  Feb 18 is the annual, Levi P.Q  out to Gaspe down into the Moose Valley N.B.  Ont. is the back up plan. Which like most folks we had to doo last year , still bummed about that.  Happy New Year guys and gals.

dates  times         may meet up   with you   mid Jan

8 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

dates  times         may meet up   with you   mid Jan

Jan 15 seems to be the plan  . I will firm up the date  soon . Would be cool to meet up . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

It's the people around him, this is craziness yet again.  How long before we hear from the North Bay Dr??

That’s what I told her… eliminating the pawn will not solve the problem. 

Yet another sad, sad state of affairs. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, stoney said:

That’s what I told her… eliminating the pawn will not solve the problem. 

Yet another sad, sad state of affairs. 

Eliminate enough pawns and you get to the King though. 

• Like 1

June provincial election.

The temporary 2 week became 2 years.

This shutdown is to be "rapid and effective". 

A lot is depending upon that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Just told my daughter this, her response was, can we fire Doug Ford….

Lol, this coming from a nine year old!

Smart girl, we need more like her.  Can teach some adults.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kier said:

Eliminate enough pawns and you get to the King though. 

Hope you aren't thinking of the other 2 choices for position of king LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Hope you aren't thinking of the other 2 choices for position of king LOL

While I dont want either of them, itll be much worst under either, its maybe what "we" as Ontario residents need. Apparently the majority of people need their lives destroyed before they wake up and say enough.

• Like 3

Our saddle bag trip is planned for last week of Feb. (Moved from a QC trip.)

I really hope my buddy stays with buying the Mach instead of that 2S Polaris, otherwise I think he will be sweating the 165KM leg from Hearst to Hornpayne. With the move from first week of Feb, no rooms in Duberville, so a long day all the way to Wawa from Hearst for us old sh_ts..)

(You newer Polaris 850 guys, what range are you getting, after the break-in?)

2022 Route Short.jpg

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Gadgetman said:

I really hope my buddy stays with buying the Mach instead of that 2S Polaris, otherwise I think he will be sweating the 165KM leg from Hearst to Hornpayne. With the move from first week of Feb, no rooms in Duberville, so a long day all the way to Wawa from Hearst for us old sh_ts..)

2022 Route Short.jpg

He could ride up into Calstock and fill up. That would take 45 km. off the 165 taking the 7.5 km. ride back out into consideration. Otherwise fill a windshield washer fluid jug and pour it in as soon as  he's down a 4 litres.

On your chart do you mean the Magpie River where you put Wawa River? If so, and you haven't ridden it before, if it's near dusk or later, you might want to go the other route. Been there, done that once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

He could ride up into Calstock and fill up. That would take 45 km. off the 165 taking the 7.5 km. ride back out into consideration. Otherwise fill a windshield washer fluid jug and pour it in as soon as  he's down a 4 litres.

On your chart do you mean the Magpie River where you put Wawa River? If so, and you haven't ridden it before, if it's near dusk or later, you might want to go the other route. Been there, done that once.

Yes. Magpie River. I've done it twice, in the day light, will not run it at night, even with GPS guidance. Also, I think I heard last year it was low water and they advised against any travel on it (I think). Polaris guy has purchased a Roto-Pax for both oil and fuel, as back-up. 

I have an on-line video running the Magpie river. Search  APEXLTX56 Dub5 Magpie River - Winter Run

6 min point start some blowing snow. 9min point I'm drifting left of the trail. 11:45min those fish huts are really close to the trail...

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

2022 Route Short.jpg

165km on a 850 should be no problem.  That’s only 103miles.   11.2 gallon tank.  That would be 9 mpg.  

The Poo 850’s I rode with last year were as good or better economy then my 800 Poo and I think 200km range would be easy based on when we filled up when in Kap.  

I actually think we calculated a range of 268km but am not 100% sure.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1