Snowmobile Trips

Turbo Doo

With Quebec closing Restaurants etc, who here is still condsidering heading over there to ride? Especially saddle bagging it?. We never went last season,  and are itching to get back, but have mixed thoughts about it. Thoughts?, suggestions?, your plans?..

Another subject,  is anyone itching to head to the NCDN like myself?. We are headed up in the not so distant future.  

• Like 1

Making, or going to attempt to make reservations tomorrow or the day after for a trip in QC for the first week in Feb.

We are meeting up with my brother who is in NB now so the mid point is around Shawinigan and head up around Lake Saint-Jean, through Mont-Valin over to St Lawrence and than back to Shawinigan. 

Originally planning to go to Chiboug, but with the no gas heading up the East side (thanks @PISTON LAKE CRUISER), that is no longer an option. 

Optimistic that all goes as planned.

Otherwise, cannot wait to get out somewhat locally first if possible and would like to go further North (ON) as well.

• Like 5

Heading to Gaspe on the 21 of January 

• Like 6

I’m in for what ever my group decides.. Turbo Doo I was looking forward to also riding in Quebec this year but it’s not looking to good at the moment, restaurants closing early and limited to capacity, riding with vac and no vac people, some riders being allowed in places and some not being allowed in places.. it’s gonna be an interesting year lol.. let’s make the best of it and enjoy the trails as much as we can. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

I’m in for what ever my group decides.. Turbo Doo I was looking forward to also riding in Quebec this year but it’s not looking to good at the moment, restaurants closing early and limited to capacity, riding with vac and no vac people, some riders being allowed in places and some not being allowed in places.. it’s gonna be an interesting year lol.. let’s make the best of it and enjoy the trails as much as we can. 

I agree @WinderFab.  You know full well, because you were there, we had our issue's in Ontario,  and I know some rode Quebec last season, under similar restrictions and made it work,  but I'm torn again this season. 

• Like 1

I’m really missing riding central Quebec area.. Been riding all over Ontario and Quebec, around Gaspe once but personally the area around Mount Tremblant is my favourite.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

I agree @WinderFab.  You know full well, because you were there, we had our issue's in Ontario,  and I know some rode Quebec last season, under similar restrictions and made it work,  but I'm torn again this season. 

Yes that’s why I think I’m gonna pass on Quebec this year unless some kind of miracle happens but it’s unlikely that will happen. 

• Like 1

Going to run Abitibi  mid January .  Feb 18 is the annual, Levi P.Q  out to Gaspe down into the Moose Valley N.B.  Ont. is the back up plan. Which like most folks we had to doo last year , still bummed about that.  Happy New Year guys and gals.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, WinderFab said:

I’m really missing riding central Quebec area.. Been riding all over Ontario and Quebec, around Gaspe once but personally the area around Mount Tremblant is my favourite.

Funny you mention Mount Tremblant. I have a let's say, a co-worker of sorts, that owns a cottage property there, and has been mentioning that I need to go to his place and ride this season. So, again, torn about the whole Quebec stuff...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Funny you mention Mount Tremblant. I have a let's say, a co-worker of sorts, that owns a cottage property there, and has been mentioning that I need to go to his place and ride this season. So, again, torn about the whole Quebec stuff...

Have you ever been riding in that area ? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coldfinger said:

Going to run Abitibi  mid January .  Feb 18 is the annual, Levi P.Q  out to Gaspe down into the Moose Valley N.B.  Ont. is the back up plan. Which like most folks we had to doo last year , still bummed about that.  Happy New Year guys and gals.

Do you guys take 5 east from Levis or 35?

23 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Mount Tremblant has some nice trails in and around the area.  

The main part of town is not sled friendly. 

First trip we stayed at a ski chalet and left sleds over by the hotel.   No riding sleds around the main chalet areas as far as I could see and we were told.  

Second trip we stayed at one of Main hotel right off the trail and they were great to us.  Parked sleds out front of hotel.  Gas was pretty easy to get to.   

Does your co-worker sled?   

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

First trip we stayed at a ski chalet and left sleds over by the hotel.   No riding sleds around the main chalet areas as far as I could see and we were told.  

Second trip we stayed at one of Main hotel right off the trail and they were great to us.  Parked sleds out front of hotel.  Gas was pretty easy to get to.   

Oh yes, he sleds.   Looking forward to the opportunity.  I've seen pictures of his place.  It's definitely, nice $$....

2 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Was told same thing when we went - not sled friendly at all. 

Restaurant we ate at, at the base of the hill was fantastic though!

Quebec is not in the plans for this season, too many unknowns, hopefully will be good for next season.

Making plans for NCDN trip soon as local weather has not cooperated.  Can’t wait to get out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Oh yes, he sleds.   Looking forward to the opportunity.  I've seen pictures of his place.  It's definitely, nice $$....

Yes some of the chalets are pretty nice.  Amazing vacation properties.   But no sled tracks so kinda suck!

• Like 1

Planning a week long Gaspe tour and spend a couple days in Murdochville to play in the Chic Chocs for first week of March. Lots of time yet but need see things open up and get back to some sort of normal. 

• Like 1

No plans at all just like every other year. Just plan to ride when I can, where I can. Hope to get to Dunlop Lake Lodge this year as it has been several since our last visit.

I've never been to Quebec but its on my bucket list. I hope to retire from my winter business in 2 years then I'll be able to make plans.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Do you guys take 5 east from Levis or 35?

We head south to Sainte Marie  cool bridge crossing , then 35 to Tourville. 

• Like 1

Have a New Brunswick/Gaspe trip planned for early Feb. then another week in Quebec end of February. Month away so will have to see what develops. Changing daily so difficult to know what will happen.

lf we can legally travel then we will still go. Saddle bagging will be more difficult with the present restrictions. If lodging location also serves food then most had a take out system that work well. 

Right now New Brunswick looks like the better place to go with less restrictions than Quebec has mandated. 

My wife told me the other night if l can’t go to Quebec to sled for 2-3 weeks l better start looking for another place to live. She doesn’t like living with a Grumpy old man. She also wants to go back to Gaspe for March Break.

Lets hope the situation improves quickly.

• Like 2