OFSC is winning

signfan

Definitely a step in the right direction 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, signfan said:

I don’t think we are winning. 
This scares me. So if someone goes around the corner and there is a walker with a dog and someone coming other way. It could be a disaster if ofsc not going to cover it. There are lots of multi use trails near towns. If pedestrians realize they aren’t covered they might lobby to get snowmobiles banned. I can see this becoming a topic in many council meetings across the province. 

1 hour ago, Strong Farmer said:

This scares me. So if someone goes around the corner and there is a walker with a dog and someone coming other way. It could be a disaster if ofsc not going to cover it. There are lots of multi use trails near towns. If pedestrians realize they aren’t covered they might lobby to get snowmobiles banned. I can see this becoming a topic in many council meetings across the province. 

What if your scenerio happens on the Guelph to Goderich multi use trail where snowmobiles use 5 different sections of the trail or all the other multi use trails in Ontario. I stand to be corrected but I believe that the other trail "controlling interests" have liability coverage for their protection. Now that the GRCA has found they will have to pay for that same liability coverage it seems to be an issue for them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

What if your scenerio happens on the Guelph to Goderich multi use trail where snowmobiles use 5 different sections of the trail or all the other multi use trails in Ontario. I stand to be corrected but I believe that the other trail "controlling interests" have liability coverage for their protection. Now that the GRCA has found they will have to pay for that same liability coverage it seems to be an issue for them.

Exactly.

Within 15 minutes of my house, I can hit a rail bed for over 25 km of riding.

The North Perth Trail runs from Henfryn, to the far side of Listowel, going through both downtown Atwood and Listowel.  On that section of trail, you almost always meet someone walking the dog, or cross country skiing etc...

Go the other direction and I get on the G2G trail.  Right through Monkton to the Huron Cty border.  Hopping off and on again between there and Blyth.  Go the other way, from Millbank to Linwood.  All of these are busy sections with many walkers and skiers on it because it is a nice groomed trail easy to use.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 8:26 AM, Strong Farmer said:

Pedestrians are covered for AB and BI if they are struck by a sled - regardless of the OFSC.

People need to be better educated on insurance and our legal system