Abitibi Canyon Updates

Turbo Doo

4 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

What about fourth shot. We might all be dead by 10th one 😂. 

Only people with medical issues or immune suppressed can get the 4th shot at the present time. 

Just saw this posted on FB a few min ago. The level of douchery up there is never ending. 

Sean Kilpatrick  · 9m  · 

Well I will not be heading to the abitibi base camp again, the owners are out to rip people off. By the way we don’t need them, they are trying to take advantage of honest hard working people for no reason. Ive snowmobile to way more remote places in Quebec and get treated with respect and top notch service. My wife’s sled blow up 30km from the camp on the east side so we towed it to the camp only to be greeted with disrespect. I simple asked if I could leave the sled until the next day and return with my truck. Buddy who runs the camp said do we look like a storage facility and for $200 that’s a nice way to treat snowmobilers who traveled 7 hours by truck and trailer and another 2 hours by sled to support your business. They I asked the young lad who was about to leave to travel back to Cochrane with his pick up truck to take the sled back and I’d pay him $200. Said to much wear and tear on the truck he could do it for $600. So I decided to say f**k it and pull the sled to smooth rock falls only to be greated at the gas station by the guy who was at the base camp with im glad you guys made it back safe lol. Your a dumb s**t could have made and extra $200. Long story short that base camp survive’s off the snowmobile industry you would think they would want to help the sledders out we felt like out casts. Just making people aware of my situation, good luck to all that have to deal with those clowns at the Abitibi base camp.
May be an image of snow and text that says 'ABITIBI CANYON BASE CAMP'

6 Comments
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Bring your popcorn, it is getting nasty on the Post. Sad to see the way things have gone this year and it appears to be the wrong way. 

• Sad 1

These guys just cant help themselves...   

PBR really should consider just shutting that trail down next year.    Truthfully, with the Base Camp hassles and the hydro work/logging that took place on both the east and west side this year, the trail was actually one of the roughest trails up there this year.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scottyr said:

PBR really should consider just shutting that trail down next year.    Truthfully, with the Base Camp hassles and the hydro work/logging that took place on both the east and west side this year, the trail was actually one of the roughest trails up there this year.   

We went up as far as the warm up shack on the east side this year and fed the birds then turned around, there was some reroutes from the last time we were up there a couple years ago and had no real desire to go all the way up to Basecamp. 

1 hour ago, Nunz said:

Bring your popcorn, it is getting nasty on the Post. Sad to see the way things have gone this year and it appears to be the wrong way. 

I just joined 705 Snowmobiles. Wow that was entertaining 😂😂

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Nunz said:

We went up as far as the warm up shack on the east side this year and fed the birds then turned around, there was some reroutes from the last time we were up there a couple years ago and had no real desire to go all the way up to Basecamp. 

Its becoming one of those loops that you take a newbie/first timer and then the novelty wears off it pretty fast.   

The $6/L for fuel turned me right off this year.    Chances of me doing the loop next year are 50/50 at best and 90% that I will just use my Linq can if I go at all.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1049 said:

lol, I saw you had requested to join, it can be an interesting page to follow at times. I think it has gotten better in the past year or so, for a while it was a bit of a gong show

• Like 1

man that fb post is something else. one or two people (locals by their profile) supporting the camp, and the rest just piling on, story after story of bad stuff.

the clubs, district, and the ofsc should just stop grooming it. problem solved. Ski

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 1049 said:

#MeToo  Adding Custom John to the story would be awesome? Sounds like he might be involved 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, LuvMyViper said:

#MeToo  Adding Custom John to the story would be awesome? Sounds like he might be involved 😂😂😂

haha.   I was thinking the exact same thing.    You would swear that he was involved with that place somehow.   

Custom John, Joe Exotic and the Basecamp guys are all cut from the same cloth. 

• Haha 1

WOW!

You could read posts on that FB thread 'till Tuesday and not get caught up!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scottyr said:

I said that earlier this year, these idiots are toxic. Some believe it would hurt the area not having this trail. I personally don't believe so and it would free up valuable resources and allow grooming operations to concentrate on the rest of their system, which is needed with the influx of traffic due to southern conditions and shorter seasons.

Its pretty simple folks, ride somewhere else and choose who you want to support.

Support comes from your wallet

• Like 9

The more you read, the worst it gets - digging their own grave it appears. I know my thoughts earlier this year was for the various groups to get together, find common ground, etc...for the better of the sport, but those thoughts are no more.

By all accounts, it seems no one or very few on this site support them at this point by making the ride, buying gas, etc...... 

Regarding that 705 group, I have heard about it for many years, but I do not think I have ever heard anything positive when it comes up - I am guessing a large group of members on it likely support base camp that leads to some entertaining dialogue.

6 hours ago, stoney said:

The more you read, the worst it gets - digging their own grave it appears. I know my thoughts earlier this year was for the various groups to get together, find common ground, etc...for the better of the sport, but those thoughts are no more.

By all accounts, it seems no one or very few on this site support them at this point by making the ride, buying gas, etc...... 

Regarding that 705 group, I have heard about it for many years, but I do not think I have ever heard anything positive when it comes up - I am guessing a large group of members on it likely support base camp that leads to some entertaining dialogue.

Actually reading the comments as I’m also an admin on 705 it’s pretty clear the high majority of comments are not very favourable in Base Camps operations at all. Most comments are ones sharing similar experiences this year. 

4 hours ago, Nunz said:

Actually reading the comments as I’m also an admin on 705 it’s pretty clear the high majority of comments are not very favourable in Base Camps operations at all. Most comments are ones sharing similar experiences this year. 

So as you mentioned above, the group is cleaning up - that is good seeing as I think it has quite a large sledder following/group.

Perhaps you as an admin there has helped get it on the right track !

11 hours ago, stoney said:

So as you mentioned above, the group is cleaning up - that is good seeing as I think it has quite a large sledder following/group.

Perhaps you as an admin there has helped get it on the right track !

thanks and between all of us admins I think it is going well, with 30000 plus members there is always bound to be some asshats for sure,  It is not a page for everyone, I think forums like this are the best, but many look to FB, I also help with a FB group, Ontario Realtime Sledding Information, we keep that group very tight, no advertising, no bashing, just riders posting pics of places they have been and live conditions. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

On 3/5/2022 at 9:33 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Thieves.  New ownership is needed at this place.  We will not do the loop to support the canyon now after this seasons bashing of Arctic Riders and PBR Riders and their volunteers by the canyon yuppies. 

In a business world that will charge what the market will bear, I will not condemn any business making a profit and nobody has the right to dictate how someone runs their business. If that is what it takes to profit then everybody has the right not to buy there. 
If in fact there was any volunteer bashing then that is a horse of a different colour. Under absolutely NO circumstances should a volunteer ever be bashed for trying to do for the greater good. BTDT 

• Like 5