Abitibi Canyon Updates

Turbo Doo

10 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Why is the east side up to Abitibi still red? PBR said it was only for New Years Day as nobody open at Base Camp. 

My computer ITG shows both sides Red, which my understanding means no one at the Camp to provide fuel.

4 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

No it doesn’t help. That was Jan 1st, today is Jan 3rd. Could it be the ITG just isn’t updated? 

Their last post was 7 hours ago. I'd think it's just a updating issue.  Groomers are on the trail right now according to their FB page..

5 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

No it doesn’t help. That was Jan 1st, today is Jan 3rd. Could it be the ITG just isn’t updated? 

That's a possibility if PBR is counting on the OFSC Monday update. Maybe the OFSC Barrie Office have today off as their New Years day.

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

That's a possibility if PBR is counting on the OFSC Monday update. Maybe the OFSC Barrie Office have today off as their New Years day.

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Yup..

Screenshot_20220103-192913_Samsung Internet.jpg

The district offices do the updates, the office could be closed. 

Could in error or unlikely unavailable. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the following post from the PBR F/B page from a day ago has something to do with the A103 trail to the canyon still being closed:

Attention Snowmobilers in Cochrane!
When you come upon plowed roads in the forest this usually means there are forest harvesting activities under way. Please slow down and respect the workers out there earning a living. Proceed cautiously and be respectful and do not pass vehicles carelessly.
If we keep getting complaints the particular trail in question will be closed with more than just a sign!
Refer to the OFSC Interactive trail guide for up to date trail conditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I wonder if the following post from the PBR F/B page from a day ago has something to do with the A103 trail to the canyon still being closed:

Attention Snowmobilers in Cochrane!
When you come upon plowed roads in the forest this usually means there are forest harvesting activities under way. Please slow down and respect the workers out there earning a living. Proceed cautiously and be respectful and do not pass vehicles carelessly.
If we keep getting complaints the particular trail in question will be closed with more than just a sign!
Refer to the OFSC Interactive trail guide for up to date trail conditions.

Yup. Lots of stuff happening from what I hear.  Typical entitled riders going to ruin it for everyone.  

Sounds like there are more potential problems with that loop.    One of those Sledaddicz guys said that they were told that there is a very strong chance that the entire loop will not re-open this year.   

I feel bad for the Base Camp guys.   Why they bother to put up with all the land issue crap is beyond me?    They cant be making that much (any?) money up there?

22 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Sounds like there are more potential problems with that loop.    One of those Sledaddicz guys said that they were told that there is a very strong chance that the entire loop will not re-open this year.   

I feel bad for the Base Camp guys.   Why they bother to put up with all the land issue crap is beyond me?    They cant be making that much (any?) money up there?

I'd say more about the issues,  but I better not...

39 minutes ago, scottyr said:

I think there is a lot more to that story that will come out of the woodwork.

43 minutes ago, Nunz said:

I think there is a lot more to that story that will come out of the woodwork.

I agree.    I think there is a lot more happening with regards to that section of trail, than 90% of the public is aware of.  

• Like 1