Apart from NC, are we getting close?

coolbane

TWN doesnt have a clue and couldn't tell you what happened yesterday. Another perfect example today: Forecasted 10-15cms of snow in Parry Sound, got 4-5cms. No faith in anything they say. They just roll the dice when there "may" be snow. always over forecast and underdeliver. Unless they forecast rain, then they nail it every time.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

TWN doesnt have a clue and couldn't tell you what happened yesterday. Another perfect example today: Forecasted 10-15cms of snow in Parry Sound, got 4-5cms. No faith in anything they say. They just roll the dice when there "may" be snow. always over forecast and underdeliver. Unless they forecast rain, then they nail it every time.

I'd say we a close to 10 cm in sudbury

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Turbo Doo said:

Keep us posted 

Will do Jeff!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soupkids said:

I'd say we a close to 10 cm in sudbury

Soup, is there enough snow now for packing to start? Or had that already started? It feels late to be getting started, but its not mid January yet!

January 6th and we're "hoping" places like Sudbury have enough snow to start packing.

Man it's a tough start

• Sad 1

Groomers are out packing today

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I see there is some available trails from Espanola to Massey, Updated on the STP FB page this am.

• Like 5

On 1/6/2022 at 8:58 AM, Turbo Doo said:

Another Quebec tour with you guys would be great 👍...

Yeppers-I've got some experienced/seasoned guys with good hardware that want to go!

• Like 2

Haliburton Forest is open, main trails are surprisingly good.   Further north is better.  Passes were sold out yesterday and today.   Only a few spots available for tomorrow 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stonehaven said:

Haliburton Forest is open, main trails are surprisingly good.   Further north is better.  Passes were sold out yesterday and today.   Only a few spots available for tomorrow 

Can confirm. Was in there yesterday and did 220 incredible KMs....

IMG_5655 2.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

• Like 7

On 1/6/2022 at 1:26 PM, Nunz said:

I see there is some available trails from Espanola to Massey, Updated on the STP FB page this am.

Such a beautiful section is that run between Massey and Espanola, especially on LaCloche Lake.  

LaCloche Lake Route.jpg

• Like 5

On 1/3/2022 at 8:34 PM, stoney said:

Then driving down rose point road there is a line up of vehicles because a 2 wheel drive truck could not get up the hill on a corner, another truck was just hooking up to pull him, decided to turn around and head back at that point.....a few other cars and minivans are spinning sideways going up the same hill once we turned around.

The 2022 ( new ) Toyota Tundra doesn't have front tow hooks. In any option/ configuration. Just a big-ass front grill on the new Tundra, but no tow hooks,  to maintain the " cool " look.

I've pulled trucks out of ditches a few times ( with my 2013 Tundra ). Last time, had to nose in, assist by pulling out. It happens.

I digress. Great pics, weather images and thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canuck said:

The 2022 ( new ) Toyota Tundra doesn't have front tow hooks. In any option/ configuration. Just a big-ass front grill on the new Tundra, but no tow hooks,  to maintain the " cool " look.

I've pulled trucks out of ditches a few times ( with my 2013 Tundra ). Last time, had to nose in, assist by pulling out. It happens.

I digress. Great pics, weather images and thread.

I ended up adding front tow hooks to my Dodge when the package I picked did not include them - felt they were a needed option that all trucks, or vehicles for that matter should have.

• Like 1