Apart from NC, are we getting close?

coolbane

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Positive side if there is one, the lakes may be able to get a chance to freeze up better.

I was pretty sure the forecast for last night was low of around -13, however it is around -20 now.....this is a good thing!

Ice on Muskoka as far as I can see this morn.!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Lets hope for no winds for a few days. Going to be +2 and rain Wednesday in Parry Sound unfortunately 

Buddy’s mom was up there and said Perry sound had a few feet of snow, Not sure how accurate that really is but apparently she got her suv stuck… 

14 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Not accurate at all! 2” total snow here. Likely got stuck on the glare ice everywhere 

Is not salting the roads a normal issue there.....

Was up there a couple of weeks a go when grabbing helmet at Rosseau, we decided that we would drive to the island to check on my dads cottage since the wind storms.......slid down one hill and decided to stop braking so I could control my truck and just drove through a stop sign on that hill, luckily the lady sliding down the hill coming the other way was not coming at the exact same time as she slid down her hill.

Then driving down rose point road there is a line up of vehicles because a 2 wheel drive truck could not get up the hill on a corner, another truck was just hooking up to pull him, decided to turn around and head back at that point.....a few other cars and minivans are spinning sideways going up the same hill once we turned around.

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Not salting, trying to save the environment haha

:right_on: ..... not enough tax base to cover the expense perhaps, kind of like BC .....

Or some funny business going on between the town and the body shop guys....

8 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Not sure about Quebec yet. We are headed north, that's for sure..

Waiting for @Muskoka1 to call and lead the pack.. 🤣

Well, I am hopeful for a good outcome in a couple of weeks......in both provinces !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

My buds Nordic centre In grey highlands the other day.  Grass in the lowlands.  DAB58FA1-111E-475B-A43E-1615140E2978.thumb.jpeg.0d2f47337fbb10873dc202d314edd414.jpeg

Looks pretty.

Winter really is amazing

Raining in Mitchell right now.    Hate to be Negative Ned but its going to be weeks before anything opens up down south (if at all).     

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Go north

Next weekend is the plan.   Might see you in Cochrane area.   

• Like 1

constant Colorado lows will make North and East of the big lake, a winter paradise. Love to hear that term, by the meteorologists in the states, I know exactly what it means for for our riding area... big, heavy, long term ,snow storms. Ski

On 1/3/2022 at 8:41 PM, Turbo Doo said:

Are you ready for a Quebec tour?:icon_steer:

Yeah-looking better up there-give it a bit of time to build up neige/later in Jan./Feb.!

Kirkland Lake is open now to Cochrane..

Kirkland Lake.JPG

just shoveled after yesterday's snow, and today's winds. snow in the yard is level with the deck height which is 22" if I am not mistaken.

As far as Algoma, Superior East, District 13, we just need manpower, and time, and the trails will be open. if you know the Crown Land area roads, you can pretty much go anywhere, and not have any competition for first tracks. be safe out there. brutal cold, and wind right now. Ski

• Like 1