Apart from NC, are we getting close?

coolbane

I think we are a few weeks away from anything opening south of North Bay.    There was grass showing around most of the way to Ottawa on Hwy 7 on Sunday.   

• Like 1

Muskoka in my opinion are behind where they normally would be.

Cold is on the way - but no real significant cold before.

Sudbury is nowhere close to being able to groom anything

• Sad 2

If this storm coming Saturday is a touch colder than forecast it could be a start.  Last year we drove into the cottage at Bon Echo at this time with little to no snow.  Looks to be about the same this year.  The cold weather on the prairies makes me somewhat optimistic.  Who knows though.  

1 minute ago, coolbane said:

Are there any recent conditions reports on OC for the Northern Corridor? Surely someone is up there at the moment. I can't find.

Sister and her better half drove home today from Hunta. Had a few days of fresh snow, and lots of cold. It's early in the season,  gas, especially high test sold out in Cochrane, and SRF. Lots of traffic, lots of grooming,  but nothing will stand up to the traffic. Give it a week or so, more cold and snow coming will help. We are headed up soon....Except early season riding. But it sure beats the couch at home..

We're a long ways off in D7. This is D103 in HGR territory. 2-3" inches on the ground and we need 2 feet plus  

078BA882-862B-4C50-9B07-785B03378006.jpeg

4F35876F-E630-486E-A9AE-1CA18AE0314A.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

We're a long ways off in D7. This is D103 in HGR territory. 2-3" inches on the ground and we need 2 feet plus  

078BA882-862B-4C50-9B07-785B03378006.jpeg

4F35876F-E630-486E-A9AE-1CA18AE0314A.jpeg

It's about the same here in sudbury

Checked my fuel log. 2017 last time I put the sled on the trail early January,  otherwise, since then it's been late Jan or early Feb, first local ride for the trails around Ottawa. 

• Thanks 1

Couple inches on the ground just south of port Sydney,going to be a slow start again

• Thanks 1

Positive side if there is one, the lakes may be able to get a chance to freeze up better.

I was pretty sure the forecast for last night was low of around -13, however it is around -20 now.....this is a good thing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kennisis Lake in Haliburton froze solid last night

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1