COCHRANE NCDN - Merry Christmas Present!

Giddy UP

My buddies are there right now.   They said the A trail was good to very good in the am but went from bad to sh-t after lunch.   100kms of moguls from SRF east to Cochrane.  

1 hour ago, Turbo Doo said:

Happens everyday with that kinda Traffic....

Yop, and that is why I have no desire to head to Cochrane. But, I am chomping at the bit to drive to Kap and sled west. Two things are holding me back - the 30 km of red A trail at Mattice, and the fact that Hearst hasn't opened anything new in a week. I know 'red is red', but I suspect that there is some major red riding happening in those two areas. Anyone got the real scoop?

1 hour ago, tricky said:

Yop, and that is why I have no desire to head to Cochrane. But, I am chomping at the bit to drive to Kap and sled west. Two things are holding me back - the 30 km of red A trail at Mattice, and the fact that Hearst hasn't opened anything new in a week. I know 'red is red', but I suspect that there is some major red riding happening in those two areas. Anyone got the real scoop?

I read somewhere that they need to do a reroute around Mattice due to landowner issues.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info guys. I can hold back another week or two. Its not like I have a new rocket to try out. Fastest part of my trips is in the truck!

• Haha 4

My prayers have been answered! Mattice opened today, as did more of the Hearst loop trails. And more trails are green across the NCDN. Boss says I have to stay home until after New Year's. I'm  starting to shake!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Tricky = Itchy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tricky said:

My prayers have been answered! Mattice opened today, as did more of the Hearst loop trails. And more trails are green across the NCDN. Boss says I have to stay home until after New Year's. I'm  starting to shake!

We will be up there on the 15th weekend.   If you are heading up, let me know.  

24 minutes ago, scottyr said:

We will be up there on the 15th weekend.   If you are heading up, let me know.  

Might be up and back by then, but if there the 15th and later, will let you know for sure. I guess it makes sense to wait until all the Hearst trails open. I seem to be talking myself into your time frame.

Edited by tricky
add to post
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

@tricky,  Paitence.....

Patients are for doctors. I am needing patience though. I tried to 'Thank' you for the above post and I have lost the ability to use 'Thanks' again. I am jinxed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

We are heading somewhere, of course after the delivery takes place. Picking up 1 900 Turbo R Friday. Waiting patiently for the 2nd to show up now...

Do you not still have one of your old sleds?

He must be riding one or two OLD sleds now in Kap.

• Like 1