Will the northern cooredore be ready for next week?

Puggz

24 minutes ago, Turbo Doo said:

Cochrane to SRF you say?...🤔

Screenshot_20211221-205529_Go Snowmobiling Ontario!.jpg

Yeah....that didn't stop them, they are doing the same deal tomorrow to Remi Lake 

16 minutes ago, rainer said:

ironically I had a few buddies up in Cochrane the last few days and got about 550km's in breaking in their new sleds.  Said conditions weren't bad but were more short loops.  They're at Churchill's now in NB on the way back.

Churchills for the win!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Without commenting on anybody's specific trail riding choices, and while acknowledging that many kilometres of northern trails do utilize private property, one can generally say there's a lot more crown land between Cochrane and Hearst than there is in the more southern parts of the province.

The Ontario Crown Lands Atlas shows private property in grey.

20211221_224419.jpg

20211221_224337.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I respect unavailable trails. No sugar coating here.

• Like 4

We may need to send him back accrost his own border....

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

I respect unavailable trails. No sugar coating here.

A few years back we left Dub on a big loop trip.  Meeting up the first night in Timmins with others that had left a day earlier to loop up through Abitibi Canyon.  Starting off the 2nd day of the trip as a full group, the weather turned warmer, but still great riding to Foleyet.  When we stopped, a local who helped groom happened to come through the only gas station in the area and told us he thought the trail was going "RED".  No problem until we got through Chapleau and started heading south past the airport.  We had reservations at Halfway Haven and no way back except to keep going.  Loggers had bulldozed the trail to dirt for over 5 miles near Poulin Lake next to Hwy 129 and the cut though Sheppard Morse Road was all plowed to dirt as well.  Once past this area it was again all good, though the trails had officially all gone "RED".   Back in Dub the third day all was good.

My point is that Green may go Red overnight or in the middle of a day and you might have no warning.  I do not feel as though we did anything wrong as there was absolutely no warning.  We do respect the trail status when we plan and even until we find ourselves with no choice.  Then we try our best to get off the trails.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

and understand, crown land trails, roads can be accessed at all times, as they are public lands (as long as there are no LUP's for logging, mining/use by industry). also, some clubs like sledders to "track" (pack) the trails down, before the groomer goes through. this allows the "packers" to help the club, clean some of the smaller obstacles, and report back to the club, what to expect on the first groom. the ITG is for the OFSC's liability, and private land owner protection, for the most part. Ski 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

A few years back we left Dub on a big loop trip.  Meeting up the first night in Timmins with others that had left a day earlier to loop up through Abitibi Canyon.  Starting off the 2nd day of the trip as a full group, the weather turned warmer, but still great riding to Foleyet.  When we stopped, a local who helped groom happened to come through the only gas station in the area and told us he thought the trail was going "RED".  No problem until we got through Chapleau and started heading south past the airport.  We had reservations at Halfway Haven and no way back except to keep going.  Loggers had bulldozed the trail to dirt for over 5 miles near Poulin Lake next to Hwy 129 and the cut though Sheppard Morse Road was all plowed to dirt as well.  Once past this area it was again all good, though the trails had officially all gone "RED".   Back in Dub the third day all was good.

My point is that Green may go Red overnight or in the middle of a day and you might have no warning.  I do not feel as though we did anything wrong as there was absolutely no warning.  We do respect the trail status when we plan and even until we find ourselves with no choice.  Then we try our best to get off the trails.  

Totally agree with you given the circumstances AC+YA. That said I don't agree with anyone riding trails on private land that have never changed from red unless OK'd by the appropriate club.

• Like 2