Thriftlodge Cochrane

Big Pussy

Can someone tell me about the Thriftlodge in Cochrane ?

Do they have a restaurant on site, or just a continental breakfast, or none at all ?

Do they rely on Terry's next door for food for their guests ?

It does not look like Terry's is open for breakfast at all.

They rely on Terry's Restaurant.  That's it. I'd never stay there. We stayed there quite a few years ago,  rooms were dirty, rooms were cold.  Never again for us.  JR's and the 49th Parallel Restaurant for food for us. The 49th Parallel is what took over for the Ice hut. It's owned by the same guy that owns the Station Inn Restaurant.

Travelodge across the street beside the new A and W and the big Esso had half decent reviews from a few we chatted to.  We will be staying at the Westway.  They support PBR Riders. Brian and Kathy have always treated us good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our group now always stays at the Westway, since one stay at the Travelodge, and never again at the North Adventure (to be fair, NA was close to 10 years ago).

Westway even has a dark colored cloth for you in each room to use to clean the snow off your sled. Two years ago, -38c, they had plenty of extension cords and hairdryers for all of us Yamaha 4 strokes to try and get them started.

(Many 2S also didn't start - so don't start on me about Yam 4S starting issues. :-))

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gadgetman said:

Our group now always stays at the Westway, since one stay at the Travelodge, and never again at the North Adventure (to be fair, NA was close to 10 years ago).

Westway even has a dark colored cloth for you in each room to use to clean the snow off your sled. Two years ago, -38c, they had plenty of extension cords and hairdryers for all of us Yamaha 4 strokes to try and get them started.

(Many 2S also didn't start - so don't start on me about Yam 4S starting issues. :-))

NAI, North Adventure Inn. That place should be burned to ground.  Period.  It was 'the' place to stay back when Brad was cooking and slinging the beers around,  but boy oh boy. Right @Canuck??. Remember that trip with the OC gang?...It did have a certain 'good' channel on the  TV...I'll give it that  😀...

• Like 1

North Adventure Inn (was?) owned by folks that didn't have a passion for the business or snowmobiling. 

Our oc.com gathering at NAI was a blast in spite of the accommodations. Guys came up from the GTA solo, with a sled on the truck box. Long haul, lots of laughs and the usual great trails.

• Like 1

Thrift lodge I’d personally pass on but we’ve always enjoyed meals at Terrys. As others have stated the Westway is a great choice for many reasons. We’ve had friends that stayed at the travelodge and were quite happy and I believe he has a heated garage if I’m not mistaken. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Canuck said:

North Adventure Inn (was?) owned by folks that didn't have a passion for the business or snowmobiling. 

Our oc.com gathering at NAI was a blast in spite of the accommodations. Guys came up from the GTA solo, with a sled on the truck box. Long haul, lots of laughs and the usual great trails.

It was a excellent time indeed,  endless amounts of laughter, despite the accommodations....