McIntosh Power

Dave K

From FB.  

I have had nothing but great service from them, wishing them all the best in retirement.

After 50 years of operation McIntosh Power & Leisure Inc. has been sold to Delta Power Equipment. The last day our BRP dealership will operate from our present location will be Dec. 31, 2021. In January, Delta Power Equipment will assume operation of the BRP dealership from their St. Mary's location at the corner of Highway 7 and Highway 19.
After Dec 31 anyone that has a machine on order with us will pick it up at Delta Power Equipment. You will be contacted in the near future.
It's time for Donna & I to slow down, pursue other interests and get a few more miles on our sleds. We would like to thank everyone who supported on business over the years.
For the remainder of the year we will be open as usual, our normal hours.
Dec 24th we will close at noon
Dec 25th Closed
Monday Dec 27th Closed
Dec 31st we will close at noon
  • Like 3

Never owned anything that needed them,  but I have been multiple times with/for friends, and they have always been very helpful. 

I never really dealt with them even though they are close by, but several of my buddies deal there and have been very happy with the service they received.   

I heard today that B&K Tire and Battery in Brodhagen (Cat Dealer) has been sold as well.    I heard this from a pretty reliable person but has not been confirmed by anyone at the dealership.   

7 hours ago, scottyr said:

I heard today that B&K Tire and Battery in Brodhagen (Cat Dealer) has been sold as well.    I heard this from a pretty reliable person but has not been confirmed by anyone at the dealership.   

II haven't heard that yet, but don't deal with them a whole lot.  Only for a few Triton parts for my open trailer.  Nothing on their FB page.

On 12/16/2021 at 9:16 PM, scottyr said:

I never really dealt with them even though they are close by, but several of my buddies deal there and have been very happy with the service they received.   

Where do you go for doo thanks?  I miss them because doug always had a fast turned around. Usually one week tops for service. 

34 minutes ago, Dave K said:

II haven't heard that yet, but don't deal with them a whole lot.  Only for a few Triton parts for my open trailer.  Nothing on their FB page.

Apparently rich guy from St Marys has bought it for his kid to operate.    Jim and his wife have had a lot of health issues in the last year so I hope that they have the chance to relax and settle down.   

2 hours ago, Strong Farmer said:

Where do you go for doo thanks?  I miss them because doug always had a fast turned around. Usually one week tops for service. 

Im going to try Delta Power in Seaforth.  McIntosh location is moving to Delta power location S of St Mary's near the roundabout

The guys at Delta in Seaforth are good.    I have dealt there lots of times and have zero complaints about them. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, scottyr said:

I haven’t heard that one yet either but could very well be true. Brian’s Yamaha sold this year too, it’s now part of Southwest Marine & Powersport. 

4 hours ago, scottyr said:

The guys at Delta in Seaforth are good.    I have dealt there lots of times and have zero complaints about them. 

Just curious, if they have more than one mechanic, or move a few of them around in the shop as needed, ex sleds in the winter, sprayers in the summer, and combines in the fall.

I can see how Doug could get burnt out with only being a one man, or two man show in the winter when everyone wants to go snowmobiling

5 hours ago, Siege said:

I haven’t heard that one yet either but could very well be true. Brian’s Yamaha sold this year too, it’s now part of Southwest Marine & Powersport. 

Brian is still there and new owner has big plans and resource to make it a go to spot. Building complete new building in Grand Bend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave K said:

Just curious, if they have more than one mechanic, or move a few of them around in the shop as needed, ex sleds in the winter, sprayers in the summer, and combines in the fall.

I can see how Doug could get burnt out with only being a one man, or two man show in the winter when everyone wants to go snowmobiling

They have 2-3 dedicated BRP techs.    They sell a lot of Seadoo and Can-Ams to keep techs busy all year long.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dave K said:

There is abit more to this storey then what is coming out. I can see frustration with no atv’s to sell for past year, wait list, sleds are a mess now with covid. Good time for him to retire instead of doing whole place over again like brp wants I think and to carry all product lines not just sleds and atv’s is part of it too I think. Blue sky went thru a similar ordeal as well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yamatario said:

Brian is still there and new owner has big plans and resource to make it a go to spot. Building complete new building in Grand Bend.

Are they keeping Brian’s location too?

1 hour ago, Siege said:

Are they keeping Brian’s location too?

Nope all going to New building in Grand Bend. They now have complete full Yamaha line of power sports.